Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner March 2013

Help me please!! Ambleside Wedding venue needed. Not big budget!

Dougie&Lydia, 19 of November of 2013 at 17:15 Posted on Planning 0 5

Good Afternoon all

I am currently in a bit of a sticky situation and am writing today to see if anyone could help me out with my problem.

Me and my Fiancée are currently living in Ambleside in Cumbria and are eagerly seeking out a venue for next year in the Month of March.

Sadly the Venue we did have was booked up and they have only just informed us. The wedding is taking place in the Church of Ambleside its self and just need a Venue to go to afterwards, for about 100 guests.

I am writing this today as I am serving in the Armed forces and my current Fiancée is now stressing out and starting to worry. We are only young and don't have a massive budget but it is about £3000 pounds for everything!! Arghhhhh!!!

We were thinking of doing a hog roast and have had some good quotes so doesn't really need to cater also I am quite willing to work and do what ever it takes to make the hall or venue look perfect for the day.

Please help with any ideas possible.

Thankyou again for reading this

Dougie Baird

5 replies

Latest activity by alyj66, 3 of February of 2014 at 20:34
  • alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm getting blessed at Wasdale in Cumbria next year. The church is St Olafs and we're having our reception at Wasdale Head Inn. I don't know what numbers they could cater for but we've found them very helpful and may come up with a few ideas for you. Try this website;

www.wasdaleheadinn.co.uk.

On another note have you checked your notice period, we had a civil ceremony this year after learning that my partner(now husband) had to be in the country for a week prior to giving notice, this had my in a minor flap and knew that we couldn't fit both ceremonies in on next summers leave so brought the legal bit forward a year.

I hope that you both get this sorted soon, it is hard planning weddings when you're in different country.

Edit;

My husband has just said that it's a ridiculously long distance so not much help then, sorry. He has suggested Grasmere.

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

What about Ambleside village hall? http://www.amblesideparishcentre.org.uk

You could also look at englishlakes.co.uk they have a couple of venues, but may still be too expensive. You have the advantage of booking at relatively short notice, so that may enable you to get some deals.

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

Or http://www.thebraithwaitehall.org.uk

Far Sawray isn't far from Ambleside, but depends how easy your transport is on the day.

(sorry I can't seem to post proper links off my ipad)

• D
    Beginner March 2013
    Dougie&Lydia ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Congratulations!!

I will look up the wasdale hed inn so thankyou for that and we have a church so it would just be the venue we are looking for.

I should be in the country up and until the date just getting moved all over the shop with new drafts and courses and everything else as of January.

Thankyou for everything

• L
    Beginner April 2015
    LuxuriousRedFlowers112 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, i am wanting to get married at St Olafs and was wondering if you could help me with how i go about this please Smiley smile

Thanks, Rachel

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've sent you a reply Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics