Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bittersweet
Beginner June 2012

HELP- Mocha colour scheme OK for June 2012 wedding?? **flash**

Bittersweet, 30 December, 2010 at 12:41 Posted on Planning 0 16

We have more or less decided on an ivory and Mocha colour scheme. I hadn't really thought about if this would be an ideal colour scheme for our June wedding?

Any thoughts would be great, thanks! ?

Oh and thought id flash a few bits!Smiley smile Feel free to flash anything that you want! I love looking at other peoples ideas!

Venue

Bridesmaid dresses? Bridesmaid Bouquet My Bouquet Haven't chosen my dress yet!

Similar to flower Girl dresses Flower Pom Pom( Different colour) Favours

For the top table Lit Lanterns for the reception room

Think that's it so far! Smiley smile

16 replies

Latest activity by Bittersweet, 30 December, 2010 at 20:15
  • Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kate

For my own wedding we had dark purple which I was abit worried as well as it was a July wedding but it worked really well and was quite a striking colour against a nice sunny day Ive also done afew weddings with Mocha colour in summer,one of my closest friends her wedding was ivory and Mocha and it also was a summer wedding

I think it will look fantastic!

Claire

• L
    Beginner February 2012
    Lulu2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kate,

I love this colour!! I was thinking of something similar myself!! Where did you get the pics of the flowers? Any ideas what types they are?? I'm useless with flowers but I really love these colours.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Aww thank you, it's one of those things. We were dead set on having the colour scheme and then i had a thought, what if it doesn't work? I guess if you like the colours together that much you will make it work.

Hoping that it will be a lovely sunny day!

Thanks again Smiley smile

Kate

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I googled mocha and ivory flowers through images. I have given my florist these pictures so that she can re create the look i want. Oh and they can dye the colour of the flowers to match your own colour theme, if that helps!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

It all looks lovely together. Your venue is gorgeous! x

• L
    Beginner February 2012
    Lulu2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that! I had no idea flowers could be dyed like that. All your ideas look lovely! Good luck with everything. ?

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your lovely comments. Sometimes it helps to get other peoples perspectives. H2B just looks at it all and says ' yeah whatever' ha! Typical.

Thank you Charliebird - It was the first venue that we visited, it uncut the local venues dramatically and we fell in love with it Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

I really like the ivory with the mocha!

And I especially love those lanterns - They look stunning! Is that something you're doing yourself, or is your venue doing it for you?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I think thats a lovely colour scheme to have.... reminds me of toffee ice cream - and thats summery!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Thanks!

I've bought all of the lanterns and then bought some small LED battery operated candles to attach inside. I bought all of the LED candles in the sale and got the lanterns from Ikea. Was so much cheaper than having drapes or fairy lights, as the companies that install them aren't cheap.The venue are going to hang them for us from the ceiling beams with invisible fishing wire, so it looks like they are floating.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Heres a few mocha weddings I've done:-

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Done a few Mocha & Ivory/Choc weddings and all in Summer too:

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Wow they are both stunning- i love those bouquets sherrie- even more than the ones i chose!

Thank you everyone, it has put my mind at ease that we have chosen correctly! Smiley smile

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

There are some more here:

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Wow they are so beautiful- i may be contacting you in the future. Do you make them to order and post?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yes I do Mail Order I've made lots for Hitchers. If you email me I can give you all the details.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Great, thanks ill definitely be doing that! I love some of the bouquets in the pictures you posted. I have 2 adult bridesmaids and 2 flower girls, plus around 5 male button holes and 4 female.

That's great though- thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics