Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Help - shoes, I'm so un-girly!!

loonymoon, 9 of September of 2011 at 22:50 Posted on Planning 0 15

I'm really not that interested in shoes (shock horror) unless they have a function, like dance shoes or training shoes...

So I'm now in a position where I have my dress fitting a week today, no real time to get to shops other than tomorrow and I need shoes before the fitting... gulp.

I went to the bridal shop today but they only had two pairs in my size (7) and they were both really high stilettos which I would not be able to walk in as I very rarely do any kind of heel let alone a high stilleto. I did try one pair on though which were a lovely pair of Rainbow ivory shoes with 4 or 4.5 inch stiletto heel and a lovely starburst of crystals on the toe. They looked great but I just know they'd hurt after a few minutes me being so unused to high heels.

So I'm on the look out, I need something in ivory, with perhaps a heel up to 3 inches at the highest, comfy and i'd really like some sort of crystal detail if possible but not too OTT.

And they'll probably need to be available online.... so I have a gnat's chance of getting them in time for my fitting.

15 replies

Latest activity by Bowski, 16 of September of 2011 at 20:36
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

What about BHS?

https://www.bhs.com/mall/departmentpage.cfm/bhsstore/217608/1/1

What's your budget?

• L
    Beginner
    loonymoon ·
    • Hide content

Preferably less than £60 but at this late juncture I haven't got time to shop around! For some reason I thought I had one more week between now and the fitting. Thanks for the link.

I did like the rainbow ones I tried as despite the massive heel and that I thought they looked narrow they actually felt quite nice when I tried them on. I can't find that particular style online though so I can't show the example. If it'd had a shorter heel it'd have been perfect.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Perditas do next day delivery https://www.perditasweddingshoes.co.uk/?gclid=CNKh0caXkasCFUUNfAodhUVkvw

and Elegant Steps offer faster delivery too. http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/pages/Delivery-Information.html

• L
    Beginner
    loonymoon ·
    • Hide content

Funnily enough I was looking at Perdita's the other day, they look good.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you just wear another pair of shoes of about the right height that you already have for your fitting, that gives you a bit more time to order your actual wedding ones on-line.

• G
    Beginner November 2011
    GemGem81 ·
    • Hide content

Next have some good ivory shoes at a reasonable price, and they do next day delivery. I have these, not hugely stylish but comfortable and not too high, am also not hugely bothered by my shoes, they're gonna be too hidden by my dress!

https://www.next.co.uk/x483310s4

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

These do next day delivery too and some of the shoes have padding in the footbed too http://www.snuggleshoes.co.uk/ Have never ordered from here and not sure who has so can't vouch for them but I emailed them about bridesmaid shoes and their communication was good.

Loads of Hitchers have used Perditas and Elegant Steps.

• L
    Beginner
    loonymoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are lovely but no stock at the moment!! Grr!

• L
    Beginner
    loonymoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In the end I went for these and they're pretty comfy and I can actually walk in them. Got them just in time from the shop up the road from me when I remembered there was a Next there!!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Im having these no heel as im tall and cannot walk in heels these are ivory not white x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Just saw you have them doh lovely and practical x

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

I didn't click HONEST! glad you said they are fairly flat... I don't want to be standing on a ladder to be the same height!

XXX

Jason

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh Jason are you Mr Loonymoon??

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Yes :-)

Carmen doesn't post here too often... I've had to promise not to look at any photos of the dress or anything like that... so the shoes are still a surprise but she did describe them last night.

She's lovely, and don't believe she's not that girly - she is for me!

• L
    Beginner
    loonymoon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww... blush blush.

... but I will still be taller than you with those shoes on, but not as much as I would have been had I been wearing the Rainbows with their 4.5inch heel...LOL!

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I can't wear heels so I bought a pair of size 7 flat shoes from ebay for £8 and then I added my own crystals to the toes, this is what they look like now...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics