Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsLtobe
Beginner April 2012

Help with wedding ring!

MrsLtobe, 15 January, 2012 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 9

My engagement ring is an unusual shape. I've tried on 'band' wedding rings and ones that are different shapes, but none look right, has anyone had a wedding ring 'shaped' around their engagement ring so they slot together?

How much did it cost and who do I go to?

thanks!

9 replies

Latest activity by ruby_tuesday, 15 January, 2012 at 17:57
  • Laura705
    Beginner October 2012
    Laura705 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is unusual shape too as it was custom made from my grandmas diamonds and it's impossible to get something I like to fit around it so I'm just having a separate wedding ring and after the wedding will wear my engagement ring in my right hand. ?

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

I can thoroughly recommend www.weddingringsdirect.com

I have a marquise diamond engagement ring which is very difficult to fit a band to. On the above website they have a whole heap of different options with shaped bands - you choose the ones you think might fit and can order a sample to try out, then buy if you wish or just return them.

I was a bit dubious, but i've ordered mine now after finding the perfect shape. It was in Rose Gold 18ct which isn't cheap I think it came to £390 but it was still HALF the price of Ernest Jones designer who wanted £600, for 9ct rose gold!

It's being made via the website and should be here in the next 3 wks!

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Laura Im doing exactly the same as you...plus i wanted to be able to choose a wedding ring that i wanted and not have something so it would fit around my ER.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I've heard that Smooch are good for this and their prices are meant to be quite competitive...

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mitty13 ·
    • Hide content

Hi i hav a really unusual ring too and lucking have found a wishbone shape one on the high street that fits it ok. H Samuel and Earnst Jones do a fitting service so u can get a ring that is shaped perfectly to fit you engagement ring for around £500 hope this helps.

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Smooch here, we have our appointment with them on the 30th!

They come to your home so no trekking around high street stores and they can shape a wedding ring around any engagement ring

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

We got our rings from smooch and had my ring shaped . The rings arrived yesterday and I love them

• llindsey
    Beginner June 2012
    llindsey ·
    • Hide content

I went to a local jewellery shop/designer to get mine made.

Fitted round my engagement ring, and in palladium for £300.

I would get quotes from local places as well as the bigger names, as you might be surprised.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I recommend Smooch too. They send off your ER so they can shape your WR round it exactly, it costs £150 plus the cost of the ring. I went for a plain 9ct white gold band so including delivery mine cost me £412. You can add your own diamonds on if you wish too, our rep said that in a few years time even if I decide to add some diamonds on then I can send it off and they will do it for me. They are even resizing my ER as it's half a size too big and replating it for me at no extra cost Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

This is why i'm happier picking a slightly curved design from the shop that will work with my ER as i'm not prepared to part with it to have my WR shaped. But thats just me. I'm hoping to get this:

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/8089825/18ct+white+gold+u+shaped+diamond+ring/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics