Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Hen do? Are you using a company or booking separately?

mummymrs2b, 25 April, 2012 at 11:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm just trying to decide where to go. I'm after 2 nights in either Manchester or Newcastle with cocktail making on the Saturday afternoon. I've had a few quotes from the hen companies but they seem quite expensive to expect the other hens to pay. Has anyone booked things separately? Or have you used the companies? X

5 replies

Latest activity by Jokaty82, 25 April, 2012 at 15:48
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I would book things seperatly it seems if you mention anything wedding related companies seem to feel they can charge you over the odds!

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi mummymrs2b,

My hen do in Edinburgh was booked through Red Seven Leisure and we found it quite good value for money, I think it was £197 but we paid about £23 a month so didn't really notice it going out, for that we got: 2 nights a the Holiday Inn Express with breakfast, a meal on the first night, cocktail making @ Revolution with lunch the day after and club entry which we didn't use.

If you decide not to book through a company and decide to go to Manchester there is a really nice bar in the Northern Quarter called Apotheca that do cocktail making for £20 a head which is supposed to be really good, then there are loads of bars and restaurants in that area for you to carry onto! If you need any help on places in Manchester give me a shout!

S xx

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I looked at companies to book with then decided it was cheaper doing it on our own. They will pester you none stop after a quote too. They even ring my OH's mobile while hes at work!!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

For what you would want to do I would definitely say to book it separately. When are you looking at going? Have you got an idea on numbers?

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kate.s ·
    • Hide content

Well i'm going abroad and looked at the packages that they offer but when i'm a travel agent and got a really good deal so fobbed the hen company off.

I know a girl going to the comedy store in manchester and then out for drinks after and she has a hotel booked, i cant remember what she said it cost for the whole thing but i know shes been ripped off on the comedy store tickets! they paid about £45 and theyre only about £20 ish booked thru them. Your paying the hen companies comission so think about how much of the hassle you want and if its worth the money.

• Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

I found the Hen Company I used good value, so much so my friends used another Hen company for a birthday weekend in Bath, as we couldn't get anywhere near the price.

So my Hen Do was 1 night in Birmingham, it was £102 each. This included; 1 night hotel stay in Holiday Inn which was a lovely new one, and breakfast, cocktail making at Reveloutions which included lunch, 2 course dinner at Las Iguanas which included free cocktail and club entry. Having been to Brum before and doing Reveloutions separtely before I knew how much things were.

The 2 nights in Bath was £185 each in a 4 star Guest House with breakfast both mornings, spa 2 hour entry with fast tracking (which was a godsend as they were queing for ages!), 2 course dinner at Ask and club entry free. Again for what we had and the quality it was good.

I used UK Girl Thing, not sure who Bath was booked with. They didn't hassle me though, it was all done via email. There was a payment tracker as well so everyone paid for themselves as and when they wanted which was handy. Plus everything was booked as was said and we just turned up.

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics