Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2012

Hen do - average prices

sheree_heptinstall, 26 of November of 2011 at 21:57 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi, looking at hen parties, perhaps Liverpool or Newcastle, staying overnight but Im not sure what the average price is that someone would pay to come along? I don't want it to be stupid so no one can afford. I was thinking in booking perhaps a cocktail lesson but with one of those package hen website it works out quite expensive. Any advice would be great Smiley smile what has everyone else done?

X

17 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 17:13
  • xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, Ive been lookin online and am thinkin of goin to blackpool for 2 nights (every1 laughs when i say blackpool but it has the best atmposphere!!) and have seen quite a few sights that do the package weekends n im thinkin of doing a dirty dancing weekend...they take u to a studio n teach u all the dance moves Smiley smile all of us goin r massive dirty dancing fans!! n they all include a night to a major club as vips n then the next day do the dirty dancing day and then that night another night out, roughly about 120 each. not sure if it includes accomodation tho xx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, I'm doing this too!

We're gonna be £100 for train from Glasgow, 2 nights hotel, an all day pleasure beach wristband for the Saturday, and a cabaret show inc. dinner and cocktails for the Saturday night.

People will of course need money for drinks and their superhero costume ? on top of this - but they have all had well over six months notice, and we're booking things a little bit at a time.

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly what I want to do, i looked on uk girl thing and its £114 each but u get cocktail making, a meal, 1 night in a hotel and entry to a club i think so i didnt think it was that bad....i cant decide on liverpool or newcastle

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    loveboy ·
    • Hide content

People will of course need money for drinks and their superhero costume on top of this - but they have all had well over six months notice, and we're booking things a little bit at a time.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Mine wont be for a couple of years so prices could change, but mines looking at about £180.00pp - this is petrol money, theme park ticket, hotel for one night, and all drinks and meals for the night out. This sounds like a lot now compared to everyone elses!!

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

where did u find this deal mellow_yellow?? its a fab idea isnt it?? ?

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking at £150 excluding transport (as not everyone's coming from the same place). 2 nights self catering in cottage, pizzas/dips 1 night, catered dinner other night, outdoorsy activities during the day..

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm organising it myself, no booking agent. Return train from Glasgow is £30, twin room in Travelodge is £10pppn (2 sharing), Pleasure Beach wristband is £20 in March if bought online, and cabaret show is £30 and inclides dinner and cocktails.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

We're going to spain for mine. Fri-Mon, 3 Nights all inclusive in a three star hotel with flights and transfers= £220

Ive been to the hotel before and although it isn't the Ritz, it's clean and for the amount we actually stay in the hotel, it's well worth it. The hotel was actually £57 each, the flights were what bumped it up.

11 of us going, can't wait! ?

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooo that sound brill....where did u find the cabaret show?? the pleasure beach is brill....i always manage to get the wristbands online cheaper...other wise it works oout so expensive if u pay when u get there!!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just google Adonis Cabaret. It's on every Saturday in Club Sanuk and you get free nightclub entry afterwards. I might manage the wristbands at £18pp on the door if I can find a 2for1 voucher closer to the time.

• D
    Davialle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds brilliant! I hate clubs so was thinking along the lines of a proper girly weekend in a cosy cottage. Loads of food, bellinis and laughter! Where did you find the cottage deal?

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Newcastle in March for my MOH's hen. We're putting in £100 each to cover transport, one night accommodation and outfits, and any leftover will go in the kitty. I want to go to Belfast for mine, and planning to keep the budget at about the £100 mark too. I don't think I'd feel right about asking people to spend any more than that.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

We are spending 2 nights in Manchester, cocktail making and chocolate making on the saturday then VIP club entry both nights for £147. The chocolate making was about £40 each so if you didnt go that I would say it would be just over £100pp for 2 nights which isn't bad. We booked via Chillisauce.co.uk.

You could just book it yourself which works out cheaper. Cocktail making is usual done in a Revolutions bar so just go onto the website and book it via there, then just book a travelodge or something for accommodation.

ETA- OH is going to Newcastle and booked the Travelodge on the Quayside and they paid £30 each for 2 nights in a triple room, bargain.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sheree_heptinstall ·
    • Hide content

Oh, at least I know that the original prices seem okay! I was thinking of doing this or even a day out to the races, so everyone who doesn't drink big can get involved x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

My idea at the moment is to go to London to watch wicked and go for food and drinks - there will only be 6 of us and then arranging a meal and drinks for therest of my friends. i wanted to do something different tthat we would all enjoy.

think London is costing about £120 each for two nights including the tickets or £68 for 1 night - not sure how long we are going for yet and it doesn't include transport

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

We went to Brighton for mine last weekend and it worked out at £170.00pp which included:

Spa day during the day- full use of facilities and a treatment each

night in a hotel

Two course meal and drink in Revolution (which was lovely!!)

Then a party bus taking us round to bars and club-this was the BEST idea my MOH had- basically we had a 'guide' who took use to bars- we didn't have to walk/Q/pay to get in anywhere and if we liked somewhere we just told him we wanted to spend longer/leave earllier than planned if we got bored- to start with we had a pit stop at a co-op for some drinks on the bus- we had music, dancing on the bus etc and then they dropped us off in the club (again no Qing/paying etc) and once we were all in and sorted left us to it.

MOH booked through Crocodile events and could not praise them enough- my numbers went from 30 down to 10 and back up to 20 in the end and they were always at the end of the phone/responded to e-mails etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics