Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

aecy
Beginner October 2011

Hen Do Canceled

aecy, 8 October, 2011 at 01:01 Posted on Planning 0 19

So i was meant to be starting my hen do in 16 hours... and now its canceled. Out of 35 people that were coming a month ago a head count today came out at 6! So I'm going to get myself a take away, a big bar of chocolate and say 'screw you' to my 'friends'!

Sorry needed to vent

19 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Whippy, 9 October, 2011 at 16:39
  • J
    Beginner September 2012
    JoannaD ·
    • Hide content

Why not say screw you with the other 6 and go out for a drinky or a meal somewhere nice. Or go and see dragqueens. dragqueens are always good, you can never have too many dragqueens!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

That really sucks!! Couldn't you still do something with the 6 friends that haven't let you down?x

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I sort of know how you feel (my first hen do went from 6 people going to Centreparcs to just myself and a friend going to Brighton, after drop outs) but I think you're being a little petty. There is loads that 6 of you can do Smiley smile My hen do this time will be just 6 of us for the main event, with maybe more coming for drinks in the evening.

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    mrsq2be ·
    • Hide content

I would certainly still go with the 6!! why let others spoil it! awww hugs hun......some people are just so unreliable!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

A smaller group can be much more fun. And then when they say what a fantastic time they had the others will wish they went.

• mrs toosh
    Beginner December 2011
    mrs toosh ·
    • Hide content

I have invited 22 to my hen night but know only about half of them will come but i know that its my close friends who will be there for me and that is all that matters!

Book some where really nice and go for a meal.....have a good night take lots of pics and show the others how much of a good time you had.

big hugs hun....dont let the others spoil your special night

fi

xx

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

Hello! sorry to butt in, i lurk here every so often and wanted to reply. i just recently organised my best friends hen weekend and out of the 15 names she gave me only 1 came, so with the bride and anothe bmaid there was 4 of us in total. gone were my plans of cocktail making and vip booths at a club. we had some nice food, played some cheesy games and had a great time just 4 of us.

dont dwell on the ones that cant come, concentrate on the ones that can come and have a fab time!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

I know it's disappointing when your plans don't turn out how you would have liked but have some chocolate on the sofa, then get up, call your 6 friends and go out and have a great time with them tonight! It can still be your hen night, just a bit differently Smiley smile

Please don't be sad - go and enjoy yourself!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    JoannaD ·
    • Hide content

There wont be many on my hen, just me, my 2 BM, a friend from wales, her brother, my 2 gay friends, my mother, 2 other friends my mum works with, my mum, my brothers gf and probably 4 girls from work. so thats 24 and out of 14 i think probably 7 will say they will go cos of kids and things and my mum wont want to impose. also some dont really want to go for a curry then go and see boys dance around dressed as girls.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

There was only 5 of us on my hen night to manchester and i had a ball ! screw the others and go have a blast with just the 6 of you Smiley smile

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

JoannaD - I'm sensing a little obsession with drag queens? ?

They scare the bejeebus out of me!

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

To the OP - best thing to do? Get sloshed!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    JoannaD ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love dragqueens! why would they scare you? theyre just boys in dresses being prettier than a lot of girls in dresses lol. I love their art and how much of themselves they put into it (lol no pun here). Everyone should go and see the lady boys of Bangkok at some time in their life to truly appreciate it.

Raja won the last season of rue pauls drag race and she is truly beautiful as girl and boy lol

i just love alternative kinds of art, such as female impersination

it did occur to me today that if i DO t=have that third B, i might ask my friend who is an amazing drag artist if he would like to be a BM too, but then... yeash i can see some people not liking that. IF they could tell! Smiley tongue

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Awww I would still go just with the remaining 6 of you.

I am sure you will have a fab time regardless.

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

To be very honest (and I will no doubt sound very sad here) I would struggle to find 6 people to have a hen do with!

I am most probably going to go to a spa with my mum and MIL2B.

So you should go and have a lovely time with the 6 who want to celebrate with you, you're much more popular than me!

Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner May 2012
    april_bride ·
    • Hide content

Totally understand how you feel! My two bridesmaids are in the process of organising mine and it looks like there may only be around 6 - 8 of us going out of around 20.

I think the worst bit about it is feeling let down especially when people you expected to be there refuse (albeit some with good reason!) or worse still when some people don't even reply.

All the advice i have had is concentrate on the people that are willing to make an effort and want to join you, times like this you realise who your good friends are and think it makes you appreciate them so much more.

Hope you got something worked out!

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Awww Kochanski that made me smile! Smiley smile

Thank you!

I am actually quite excited about the health spa as I've always wanted to go to one and I will be 40 ? when I get married so will probably need all the pampering I can get!

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's the whole not knowing who the person is under the disguise that freaks me out. Same as clowns, moving statues and mascot type giant animals. Oh and masks. Can you tell I get really nervous at this time of year?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics