Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

natalieexx
Beginner October 2012

**Hen Night Report!! Adonis @ Brighton... with lots of flashes!!**

natalieexx, 18 September, 2012 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 22

I went on my hen weekend this weekend just gone and we had such an amazing time, I thought I would do a hen report on it! I had such an amazing weekend and hopefully it will inspire others to go to Brighton!

(This started as a mini report but I think I got carried away Smiley smile )

Saturday morning…

I got up at half 8 thinking I had loads of time, the girls were getting to mine about 10.30am and I had to pick up one of them at 10.15am. I was shaking like a leaf all morning and I’m not even sure why, I think I was nervous about keeping everybody happy over the weekend as I had 23 people coming and most of them didn’t know anybody else! I ended up running hugely late, the girls all turned up 15 mins early and I hadn’t even picked up my other friend yet!

They all wore black vest tops saying ‘Nat’s hen do 2012’ in diamantes, with a white one for me – this was a lovely surprise but meant I had to have a quick change making me even more late! Then my BM realised she’d forgotten her dress and had to go back to get it while I went to pick up my other friend… got back about 10.45am and found that everyone had turned up, plus a delivery of 30+ helium balloons!! They dressed me in a sash and tiara and told me I would have to have balloons tied to me once we’d got there! I finally started to calm down and at about 11am we were on our way.

En Route…

We drove to Brighton and it started off well… we hit some traffic but not too bad. We decided that the Sat Nav was telling us the wrong way and followed the signs instead, which lead to us having to go through the whole centre of Brighton and added another half hour onto our journey, making us the last ones to get there! Got there around 1pm, had an argument with the guy in the station car park as he didn’t want to take our money as his ‘shift ends in half hour’ – more stress! Finally paid, got all the balloons out the car… just as there was a huge gust of wind!! Cue half hour of about 6 of us trying to untangle 30+ balloons from each other! We eventually got going and wandered down to the sea front.

22 replies

Latest activity by natalieexx, 18 September, 2012 at 18:34
  • natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Saturday afternoon…

Met up with MIL2B & SIL2B who had driven all the way from Yorkshire to be there. 23 of us walking along Brighton seafront with pink helium balloons did attract a lot of attention (especially as it was windy and the balloons were going everywhere!) so it took us a while! We had chips on the beach (getting stopped by various people saying either “DON’T DO IT!!” Or “Good luck for your wedding!”) and finally made our way up to the pier.

We went on the rides which were, albeit a bit creaky, fantastic! You do get thrown around a bit and I’ve still got bruises on my bum but it was a fantastic afternoon, laughed pretty much the whole time!

(some people missing here!)

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

At the hotel…

At 4.30pm we went to check in at the hotel. I’d used Hen Heaven to book our weekend (awful company!!) and got there to find that they had only booked us 8 rooms, not 9 like they had told me! Cue more stress and me holding back the tears as I felt like it was my fault. One of my friends had to squeeze in a room with 3 other girls and sleep on a put up bed so I felt really bad for her. The hotel was Jury’s Inn and it was a lovely hotel, couldn’t fault it at all.

We got ready to go out and somehow 2 hours wasn’t enough, we had to leave by 6.30pm to get a taxi and ended up running down the hill towards the taxis about 6.45pm! They’d dressed me in a sash, flashing badge, tiara, veil and I had my balloons from the day too!

What I had to wear!

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

I need more !!!

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Moreeeeee please!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Adonis Cabaret @ Oceana…

We got to Oceana just after 7pm and had group photos taken outside before we went it. They showed us to our seats (quite near the front, and INSISTED that I sat on the aisle…) and we had a buffet dinner and a free cocktail each. I must admit, the dinner wasn’t all that, it was cold and a bit boring but the show DEFINITELY made up for it!

What you need to know is that although Adonis is a strip show, it is largely comedy based. It’s not sleazy at all and they do it in a way that doesn’t make you uncomfortable, it was just literally laugh out loud funny all night! They do’t go right down to naked and try to keep themselves covered at all times… although we did get an eyeful!

Our drag queen came out and started singing (can’t remember what) and eventually introduced the boys… they came out dressed as Gorillas! What I didn’t realise was the huge hairy you know what’s tucked between their legs… until he started trying to stroke my face with it! Ha ha then they got up on stage and started a bit of a comedy/strip show… they were dressed as firemen underneath (much better than gorillas!) and the way they didit was so funny, they danced and had a joke with each other… they only went down to trousers then were done!

The drag queen came back, outfit change, more singing, I remember a bit of ‘Karma Chameleon’ and also some ‘I will survive’ at various poits of the night… great hen night sing-a-long tunes! The strippers all did an individual show each, one was dressed as Superman and got people on stage with him doing silly dances etc, one came out dressed as a nerd and did a very clever skit to some well chosen music, including it ending up with him wearing nothing but a sign saying ‘IT’ covering his modesty, dancing to music such as ‘Do you really like it, is it is it wicked’ and ‘I like to move it move it!’ (HILARIOUS!). The third and final stripper came out dressed as Cheryl Cole, and with the other 2 as backing dancers did the entire dance to ‘Fight For This Love’ – left us all in fits of giggles! He finally stripped down to a UV thong, the lights went off and a black light came on… Phil Collins ‘In The Air Tonight’ came on and he started playing the drums to it, but they were filled with UV paint! I’ve never seen anything like it, looked truly amazing just to see the splashes up in the air and nothing else (other than his UV thong!)

I had to get up on stage with all the other hens, where I was mortified to be told that I would have to give the stripper a lapdance… and I was picked first! I just laughed and said I couldn’t do it, he pulled me onto his lap and I gave him a kiss on the cheek and that was it! Some of the other hen’s shocked me with what they were prepared to do on stage…! I also got dragged up to dance with one of the strippers, who then left the stage and left me and another girl to carry on dancing – embarrassing! And I had to pretend to play an inflatable guitar while one of the strippers danced to ‘Living on a Prayer’!

The show went on for about 2 and a half hours and I loved every minute. It was so funny and entertaining, and the guys were gorgeous!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Afterwards we had another group shot taken and then it was off to party in Oceana – without doubt the best club I’ve ever been to!

It has loads of different rooms and we explored them all, there really was something for everyone, and with 241 cocktails who can complain!? We danced the night away, only stopping to change into our flip flops we’d packed as back up! We got talking to loads of different groups and really had a fab night.

We ended up all going home in Adonis T-Shirts (SIL2B was wearing one straight off the cute photographers back!) and ended up sat on Brighton Beach at 3.30am eating a kebab, wearing our t-shirts to keep us warm!

We got back about 4am and had a coffee in the hallway together (only 6 of us left at this point!) and off to bed we went. Most amazing night of my life!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Sunday…

Woke up not actually feeling too hungover! Nothing a huge fry up didn’t sort out Smiley smile the groups separated today, some people left early, I spent the day travelling through all the cute little shops in The Lanes and bought a little housegift for OH and I Smiley smile it was really windy and a bit chilly so we didn’t fancy going on anymore rides in that weather, so we then went to the arcades on the pier, spent way too much money in the 2p machines (and came away empty handed!) and had a bit of a wander around by the sea front and took some great photos, and left around 4pm. Seeing as I’d only managed 2 hours sleep the night before I didn’t think this was bad!

Wore my tiara and veil all the way home and didn’t take them off until I went to bed that night!

It truly was an amazing weekend and one I will remember forever. Having all my best friends and family with me made it so special.

And I would 1000% recommend a hen night in Brighton, especially at the Adonis cabaret show! It was such a laugh and everybody loved it, even the older ones and the shy ones! If you want a weekend to remember then definitely go!

Thanks for reading, I wanted to share with you what a fantastic time I had Smiley smile xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

And just to finish you off... a bit of eye candy! Smiley winking

and my personal favourite... SIL2B!!

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

All looks amazing! And the photos are great!

I was possibly looking to go to Brighton for my Hen Do and you've persuaded me a little bit more now ?

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

That was fab!!!.... im planning a hen weekend in brighton and want to go to the adonis show! im sooo glad you did this report! i really cant wait now! Smiley smile xx xx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Definitely go to Brighton girls!! It was so amazing, I can't even do it justice. I wish I could remember more about the night but it all went by in a flash!

It was soo good me and my group of best friends have said we want to make it into a yearly thing! And Brighton is such a lovely place too!xxx

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Sounds like you had a great time! I hope that my hen do is as good! Just a quick question - why was Hen Heaven so awful? I ask because my friend has booked her hen do through them to go to London in Feb so I want to make sure she is not messed around! thanks X

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry didn't mean to worry you... they are awful with the whole planning process! As soon as they'd got money out of us they didn't bother answering any emails, and everytime I rang up they said I'd have to wait for an email response!

They took a month to change the types of rooms we had booked from triple rooms to double rooms, and when I got to the hotel I found out this was a load of cr*p as the hotel doesn't even have double rooms, they are all triples!

I'd used a voucher code to get £100 cashback which I was told came as a cheque, they promised me I'd receive it a few days after my booking closed... this was on 2nd August and I still haven't received the cheque!

They sent my final itinerary just 2 days before we left, and they'd booked our hotel in Brighton but the cabaret show in Blackpool! When I queried this they changed it over but didn't even apologise.

Then when I got to the hotel they'd booked only 8 rooms, even though they'd told me they had booked 9!

I sent an email to complain yesterday morning and got told that it has been passed to the complaints department and that they have a 28 day response policy!

So basically they have been an absolute nghtmare! But the weekend itself ran pretty smoothly, other than the hiccup with the hotel rooms. I've read some bad reviews but it's always about the lead up, nobody had any problems with the weekend itself. Their customer service is rubbish but I wouldn't worry about the weekend, just get her to ring up the month before to confirm everything is booked OK and it should be fine! xxx

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the heads up, I wont tell her too much so that I don't worry her but just to make sure she double checks the details! X

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

This was great fun to read, thanks for sharing! I'm going to the Adonis show for my hen do but in Leeds and to be honest I am getting a bit nervous about whether it would be suitable for the mums and aunties that are coming but every review I read says that it is funny rather than seedy!! I am VERY nervous about the hens up on stage part though...I think I might hide in the toilet at that point!!!! x

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you had a fab night, we went to the one in London a couple of years ago for a friends hen party, was so much fun x

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Natalie

How was your back in the end?

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Lea, don't worry! I was thinking the same, my mum isn't really into that kind of thing, OH's mum has never seen anything like it before, and I have a couple of po-faced shy aunties, and everybody loved it! There are some bits where you literally sit there thinking 'did they just say that?!?' but it really was just completely hilarious... I had a work hen do a few weeks back where the stripper just kind of ran around flopping his willy everywhere that made me really cringe!! This one was way better than that Smiley smile And I was dreading getting up on stage and couldn't believe it when they picked me to go first! But I just said to the guy 'I'm sorry I can't do it!!' and laughed and he went along with it, making me laugh and pretending to adjust himself in the trouser department after! Ha ha, it was only 10 secs worth then they went on to the next hen - not much to worry about after all!

Karenanne, it was OK thanks! I had too much fun to even think about it! it hurt when I got there on Saturday from the drive but I put my ibuprofen gel on and took a couple of tablets too and it eased up. I ached all over on Sunday from dancing & the rides! Today I'm feeling the effects a bit more though, it's back to hurting again, but at least it didn't really affect my weekend Smiley smile thanks for asking! xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah you don't want to worry her! Fingers crossed hers will be fine, as long as she checks up on them Smiley smile

I was going to start a thread about them to warn people off, but I don't want to upset anyone that has theirs booked through them! I know I was freaking out when I found all the bad reviews after I'd booked! xxx

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good although be careful in future taking Gel and tablets. You're not supposed to do both

Looks and sounds like you had a great time....good for you! Hope your back is better in time for the wedding x

• Luna_12
    Beginner October 2012
    Luna_12 ·
    • Hide content

Hehehe looks like an amazing night! memories there to last a lifetime Smiley smile

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely! Never forget it Smiley smile xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh really? I didn't know that! I thought the doctor had said it was ok but maybe I wasn't paying full attention ha ha... I'll remember that in future!

Thanks I hope it is too Smiley smile xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics