Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ATB
Beginner August 2014

Hen Party Games!

ATB, 19 of July of 2012 at 10:56 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm planning a hen party next month, I have most things sorted including prizes for the games. BUT I've just realised I've not actually got many games planned! The ones I do don't really have a 'winner' and more of an ice breaker! ('who am I?' post its on forehead etc!)

Anybody got any good ideas for games we can play on our first evening?! There will be 10 of us in our own lodge.

11 replies

Latest activity by swampy1901, 19 of July of 2012 at 22:45
  • HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I only really know Mr & Mrs - thats good fun!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Pass the parcel. But each layer has a truth or dare in it? Or you could do pass the parcel with each person having to take a shot after every unwrap.

Treasure hunt!

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

At my friends hen a few years back I asked everyone to send me a truth about themselves and then I read each one out and the bride had to guess which one of her friends it was about, some of them were a bit dodgy and it was very funny. Again thats not really a winner thing.

Rach xx

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

We played a game and it was called "Things" - you would have a topic like "things you shouldn't say to a policeman", everyone apart from the question giver writes down an answer and then you have to guess who wrote what. If you guess right you keep going until you get one wrong. It then moves on to the next question told by the person on your left. So on and so forth, you keep a tally of how many people guess right and then you have a winner!!

Hope you've understood my waffle ?

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Pair of tights with an apple shoved in the foot of one leg, tied round your waist so it dangles between your legs.

Half fill a 2ltr bottle with water. Aim of the game it to knock the bottle over by 'thrusting'.

We played it in pairs at my SIL's hen party. Never will I get over the images of my nan and SIL's mum doing this.

Its a real laugh!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for suggestions so far! Cinnamon fairy that is a great game, definately will be on to that one! You said you played it in pairs, so is it just who knocks it over first who is the winner?! Just wondering how I'd get one winner from 10 of us!

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

We did it as winner of game one stays on to game two, winner of game two stays on to game three etc and got a winner like that. You'd be surprised at how well the older guests at my SILs hen party did. Something I don't like to think about in much detail!

ETA - yes, it was the first person to knock it over that won. You could do it best of 3 or something if you wanted to draw it out for longer?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Pin the peni$ on the mouth - picture of a lady, some little w!lly pictures with adhesive on the back, whoever gets it closest to the mouth wins! Classy!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Little tubs of play dough. Make the best willy with hands behind your back and winner gets some rude prize - willy mints for eg?

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

At mine last week the girls had a 'design the wedding dress' challenge. They had 15 minutes to make (and model) something using anything they could find in the house. Amazing what you can do with toilet rolls, pizza boxes and condoms Smiley smile

There was also pin the rude bit on Colin Firth and Will Smith - 2 teams, person from each was blindfolded, had to unwrap a condom, blow it up, tie it and stick it.......

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

I've done the wedding dress one just out of toilet roll before, with the hens split into two teams.

At my hen do, my bridesmaid asked everyone questions about themselves and picked the best answers to read out for me to guess. Was pretty hilarious!

• swampy1901
    Beginner August 2012
    swampy1901 ·
    • Hide content

Google the Left/right game and then make up your own story. Have one or two mini prizes and depending on the group give one each to two hens sitting opposite each other. Follow the story - each time the word left is said the prize is handed to the left and ditto when the word right is said.

To give you an idea for beginning a story -

Bride's name was fed up being left on the shelf - with never meeting Mr Right, she decided that now the time was right for her to get right out into the big wide world and find her Mr Right! She left home - a woman with a mission!! She was going to find her Mr Right!! She stepped out of her house and left everything except her trusty handbag!! she got to her front gate and then had to make her first decision - to turn left or to turn right!! She decided to go to her left, walked up to the corner and turned left and headed towards the bus stop. She decided that was going to get on the first bus - no matter where it went. It was going to B'Right'on!! The bus arrived - she jumped on - and sat down on the left hand side (so she could eye up the local talent!) she saw men who were handsome, good looking some had long hair, some short hair, some wore a parting on their left side, some wore a ring on on their left hand - no good...! she didnt want anyone who was already spoken for - who in their right mind would .......etc etc

You can literally make up anything - make it personal to the bride with any funny quirks she may have - include where she works and so on.

Whoever is left with the gifts at the end of the story is a winner!

Handbag bingo is another game you could play! Prepare bingo cards with some spaces pre- filled with items a girl would carry in her handbag - eg pen, mobile phone, lipstick etc. the hens can then fill in the rest of the squares with items in their bag. Using the brides handbag for starters - pull out an item eg comb - if it's on their card they can cross it off. Continue in this way until you have a winner. First hen to complete a line wins a small prize.

Swampy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics