Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AnnaWhitley
Beginner May 2012

Hen Party Weekend Ideas - Help!

AnnaWhitley, 19 September, 2011 at 18:57 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hi guys

I'm getting married next May but looking to do my hen do mid-April. Very excited! Im just stuck for ideas for my hen. Hopefully there will be a large group of us and I would love to make a weekend of it. Nothing TOO crazy, but obviously alcohol will be involved

Any suggestions? Im from the South East and we can travel up to about 2-3 hours.

Thanks!

28 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 31 July, 2012 at 18:57
  • bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Well i guess it depends on what you want to do....I am going away with ten of my bestest friends..we have booked a gorgeous beach house on the north norfolk coast..we arive on the friday and we leave on the sunday...we will take with us food and drink but on the sat evening we are having a caterer come in and cook us dinner...on the afternoon on the saturday a beauty therapist is coming to give us all a pedicure or manicure...then we will dress for dinner (theme still to be decided)...play games etc...this is ideal for me for many reasons....i get to spend time with all my close friends in one place....its reasonably priced for those with children and not far from home either....

I will then have a local mad party night where all my girlfriends can attend...

Smiley smile x

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we are travelling from Doncaster to Liverpool for mine, for a weekend in july, 2 nights 4* central hotel, indoor go karting and 2 course meal with drinks, followed by VIP club entry.

sarah

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

We went shopping on the saturday, had a greek meal in the evening then went to see Mamma Mia at the theatre and then went clubing. It was great.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Had one last weekend in manchester.. just a few drinks and a meal.. oct 1st- off to chester and having a champagne afternoon tea at the grosvenor before going out for the night

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

I went to Bournemouth for mine. Friday - Sunday. We had a lovely cottage in the New Forest (Bransgore) and we paid c.£230 each. For that we had food (home cooked, nibbles, pizza etc) and drink on the Friday night. Because people were getting there at all different times it was more about catching up and having a laugh with my friends. We had a 2 hour Burlesque lesson on the Saturday, more drinks Sat eve before we went out. Then a 3 course dinner out Sat night and even managed to get a few jugs of cocktails in as well. That was for 10 people. We live in North Kent and only took us 2 hours to get there.

All I had to pay for was drinks in the club. (The taxi's had also all been sorted out)

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I had a brilliant hen weekend close to Exeter.

here is my report https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/218154.aspx but in summary, there were 14 of us staying in Hembury Court https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/218154.aspx which had a big barn which was the communal area and kitchen and 4/5 cottages which we stayed in, we had exclusive use so the wood burner and hot tup & gym were all ours!

it was relaxed and great fun!

i would thoroughly reccomend it! (unfortunatly I have no idea of the costs!)

although we opted for the afternoon tea & pamper sessions, apparently there are loads fo different options to choose from!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    LexieSJ ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am going to Palma for mine with 12 of my bestest friends. We are going for the bankhol in May, so 3 nights n total.

It is close enough to the posh, sophisticated bars of Palma to have one nice, grown up night. But also close enough to that classy resort of Magaluf to also have one night of drunkeness!

I reckon on the other night we will stay in, play games, catch up etc....We are staying in a gorgeous villa, it is only costing £80 each for the villa then between £100-120 for flights so not too expensive.

Cannot Wait!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

A day at the races? we did this at Newmarket for my best mates hen do, was lovley getting dressed up and what not!!!! We then went out in newmarket at night!

• AnnaWhitley
    Beginner May 2012
    AnnaWhitley ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like an awesome hen party! Having a beauty therapist sounds heavenly, I think my girls would love to be pampered. It got me thinking that maybe we could get that all inclusive so have been looking around on the net a bit. Found this gorgeous looking venue called Norton Park who do two nights for about £200 for each of us. Not sure whether to do that and have it all in one package or get the beauty therapist in like you did bexybexy. Ah I feel so indecisive! Thanks for your suggestions though, it's definitely got me thinking.

Here's the link to that spa I found:

http://www.spabreak.co.uk/VenuePages.ink?Venueid=396&section=Packagedetail&package=3861&stay=2

I've never done a spabreak - has anyone else? What are they like?

xAnnax

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairele ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking to go up to London with my mum, a few family members and also some friends. I want to go for a nice meal an go an see Wicked at the theatre. Might have to do a bit of sneeky shopping while I'm there.......

• AnnaWhitley
    Beginner May 2012
    AnnaWhitley ·
    • Hide content

Clairele: Sounds like a plan. Are you just going to London for the day then?

I've been looking into the spa hotel that I put the link up for and am getting so excited. Called up the company to check to see if they have the rooms and they explained to me exactly what I'd be in for. It's only £235 for breakfast, lunch, dinner on all the days and 90 mins of treatments! Pretty sure I'll book it. Would be good though to hear about personal experiences of spa breaks if any of you girls have had them?

Anna x

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I know spa's are expensive but I think that's a hell of a lot of money to pay for a weekend. You have got 2 whole days to fill with only 90 minutes of treatments to fill the time. If you want a nice relaxing weekend then this would be a good idea, still think it's expensive though.

I'm having 2 nights in manchester with chocolate making and cocktail making plus food for £150.

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i am having about 4 hens dos lol ?

first one is a proper girls night to Norwich, doing the clubbing thing in a fire engine limo, which my MOH organsied for me! thats October 29th (not long now eek)

second one is a trip to london for 2 nights with my MOH to see Rihanna in concert, thats 12th and 13th november.

then my 3rd one is a total suprise orgamsied by MOH i dont have a clue ?

then on the 25th november im having a pre-wedding meal out to good old frankie and bennys with all the ladies friends and family.

karina xx

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like me Karina! Ill be having a Norwich one too!!! Smiley smile

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

gotta love Norwich i am gutted though as Mercy are closed for renovations on my hen night boohoo.

Karina xx

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh thats no good....although there are plenty of other coolio places.....

xx

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

there certanily is, couple of news one opened up i will be checking those ones out! but will always end up at chicagos *sigh* ?

lol karina xx

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Good ol Chicagos! "cringe" Smiley smile x

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lol, thats the place to go when your full up on alcopops and dance to really cheesy music ?

karina xx

• V
    Beginner May 2013
    Victoria73 ·
    • Hide content

I was stuck for ideas as well and couldnt think of anything different from the normal hen partys so i did some browsing and came across Funktion Events which helped me out loads and made everything easy with no hassle! i had a blast on my hen do and highly recommend!If i ever need to book another party Funktion is definatly at the top of my list!

Heres some of Funktion Events pages that gave me some inspiration!

Top 5 Hen Party activities

Funktion Events Videos

Hope this helps and you have a great hen do!?

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I quite shocked at the prices of some of these! Sadly there is no way I could afford to go along to a hen do costing much more than £100.

For mine, we met for lunch, then went to a life drawing class(!), then to Bath Spa (I live in Bath - it was £25 each) and then for a meal and cocktails on the tiles! Some people came to the whole thing and some just came along to part of it. It was perfect.

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    CarMungeam ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Iceland, wanted a mixture of spa, outdoor activities and drinking and after been there 3 years ago with H2B knew it would be perfect, also in March you can still see the Northern lights. BMs are very excited about it

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I've started doing fascinator making hen parties. I'll come to where your party is and we'd spend a few hours making a fascinator which you can all take away. And those in the party may even end up wearing one to your wedding ?

Here's some more info here: http://www.katievaledesigns.com/blog/2012/07/fascinator-making-hen-parties/

xx

• curvygirl77
    Beginner September 2013
    curvygirl77 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Anna

My SIL had her hen weekend at a spa in Wellington - Cleve Spa - we had a treatment each, use of the facilities (gym, pool etc), an overnight stay, a cream tea and then a three course dinner and it cost about £85 each. It wasn't a whole weekend obv but she had a mad night out later that month in Torquay Smiley smile It was really enjoyable, the only gripe I would have is that we didn't get treatments together which would have been nice but its only a small gripe! xx

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

For my Hen Do, we're going to Norfolk:

-Huge beach house for 2 nights [about 16 of us going]

- Activities include: afternoon tea party, Pamper party & personal chef for the evening.

- Price includes all the above plus food and petrol.

£189pp

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ali....is it in Mundesley! thats where i went!!!

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Yes it is! That's where I found it, on here! ?

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats great! You will love it!!!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

From experience, I think it's a good idea having certain elements that different people can join in with according to tastes and budget rather than expecting everyone to spend over £200 for a weekend and do everything with you. When I first married 10yrs ago I went for the "let's go away for the weekend" approach, not realising that not everyone would want to or afford to, and it ended up being just me and my best mate. We had fun, but it wasn't very hen-like.

This time I went out for dinner and cocktails, on to see Dirty Dancing, drinks afterwards, cheesy 80s club, stay in hotel and lazy brunch next morning. I had 11 people come along and they joined in what they wanted to. Some people couldn't drink, some couldn't stay overnight, some didn't want to go to a club, some couldn't afford the theatre etc etc. In fact, anyone doing everything would have spent about £170. However, from 3pm until 3am I was never without at least 6 sash-clad girls helping me have a great time Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics