Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bowski

Hitched Diagnose me - Scary rash

Bowski, 21 June, 2009 at 19:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

As it's sunday and I can't get to the docs until tomorrow can someone tell me what this rash is?

I had it (not as bad) 2 weeks ago, was prescribed antihistamines and it all but went away. Today I look like this and there is no reason for it, I'm only using PH neutral stuff to wash with and haven't eaten anything new or changed washing powder any ideas?

13 replies

Latest activity by pinkjay, 22 June, 2009 at 12:29
  • R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

Is it itchy?

Btw, definitely not a GP and absolutely hated dermatology at med school so probably not able to help, don't get your hopes up ?

• Katchoo
    Katchoo ·
    • Hide content

Hard to say, but at a guess it looks a lot like Urticaria to me - /health

I had chronic urticaria for 6 months about 8 years ago. One day it just disappeared on it's own. I used Piriton to control the worst of the symptoms. You have my sympathies - it's very irritating.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

Thankfully it's not too itchy (however that could be the combination of 3 antihistamines I'm taking every day) it's just hot and I feel dizzy and not fully with it.

• pinkjay
    Beginner October 2007
    pinkjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Katchoo, I have had this for over a year now, its driving me MAD!! I take 3-4 antihistimines a day, use numerous creams, FF shower gels etc. The heat drives it mad with itch and we are going on hols in less than 2 weeks, im dreading it tbh! I so wish it would go away. My GP said stress can bring it on, I have been under a lot of stress over the past few years, im trying to calm and destress - but its not that easy lol

Bowski, I hope it clears up, if it is Urticaria I find moisturising a lot helps, Aqueous Cream, Diprobase etc. ?

• Katy80
    Beginner
    Katy80 ·
    • Hide content

Could possibly be Pityriasis Rosea, which I had many moons ago. If it is, you won't have any spots on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet so that could rule it out. Do you have one larger patch anywhere? Definitely not an expert but thought it was worth mentioning. If it is, it's harmless, non-contagious and disappears of its own accord after a few weeks.

/health

Hope it clears up soon.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

The palms of my hand itch to high heaven but no spots.

The annoying but is it's all over my face and that hurts and I look like a freak!

• Katchoo
    Katchoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh Pinkjay, you poor thing! It's awful isn't it? Do you get the massive 'dinner plate' size welts? I used to get those on my stomach and back. The worst was when I got one on the inside of my mouth and my throat closed up and I ended up in A&E. In the end mine was caused by stress too. I was living with a horrible man, when I left him the Urticaria stopped within a month.

• Missus Jolly
    Beginner October 2004
    Missus Jolly ·
    • Hide content

I'm not even slight qualifed to answer, but some of them look like hives. Could it be possible that you are actually reacting to one of the anti histamines? The obvious solution is to see your GP, but I doubt you need us to tell you that ? Hope you feel better soon.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

My plan is to walk into the GP's surgery tomorrow looking like a freak and hopefully get to see someone.

I've been on the anti histamines for almost 2 weeks would it take that long for me to react? I just want it to go away now, I hate looking like this, I have a photo of how bad my face is but I daren't post it as I look so bad.

• pinkjay
    Beginner October 2007
    pinkjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep to dinner sized plate welts! and the more you scratch the worse it gets and all you want to do is scratch!! lol none in my mouth yet, that sounds awful Katchoo ? If I keep myself busy it doesnt come out as much, maybe mind over matter lol I got lots of allergy tests done by my GP and they were all fine, so she said its either stress or auto immune (already have arthritis)

Bowski, let us know how you get on tomorrow, I hope you get some ease, its awful when its on your face ?

• em-ster
    Beginner July 2008
    em-ster ·
    • Hide content

Have you got it on your back as well? you say you had it a while ago, was it the same as this or was there one larger patch? If the answer to both of these is yes then my (clearly unqualified!) diagnosis is this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/pityriasisrosea.shtml

good luck at the doc's

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

Em-ster I have it everywhere!

It's in my hair down to my feet, front and back.

Last time it was mainly on my sides, in my hair and on my face but nowhere near as bad as it is today. Last time it went away after a day or so but I still had some small spots on my hands, wrists and feet.

• em-ster
    Beginner July 2008
    em-ster ·
    • Hide content

Yikes!

can you slather yourself in something soothing to see you through the night?

hope you get fixed soon xxxxx

• pinkjay
    Beginner October 2007
    pinkjay ·
    • Hide content

How are you today Bowski? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics