Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2012

Honeymoon in Salou??? has any one been on a general holiday here?

sammi23, 13 of May of 2011 at 18:40 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 13

We have a week directly after the wedding child free!! We have argued and had very heated talks over where to go...basically we want somewhere fun but relaxed when we want it to be, at the same time but also somewhere none of us have been...Salou fits all the requirements but is it tacky lol (i dont mean to offend)

We have looked into it and it seems there is the theme park, water park, nou camp, beach, shops etc etc that are either close by or they offer excursions.

Any input would be very much appriecated! We are booking in the morning! hopefully to Salou!

Thanks guys xx

13 replies

Latest activity by lilrach22, 30 of May of 2011 at 20:31
  • Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

I've never been, but my OH has. He said that Salou is quite child orientated because of the theme parks etc, but The Costa Carib hotel will have less children about, it might cost you a little bit more, or the El Paso (where he has stayed) is the best one out of the lot. Very busy with kids, but if you don't mind that then it would be amazing. Both are Universal Studio Hotels.

He loves it there, and is a big kid himself! He took his daughters there himslf a few years ago. He would recommend the New Camp tour, and Barcelona Zoo. He says Google them both and see what you think and he'll give you any advice you like.

Hope this helps.

xxx

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

I went a few years ago on a girlie holiday for 2 weeks and enjoyed it. It is quite family orientated, but the water park and theme park are good. We broke up our stay with day trips to Barcelona and local markets.

I'm going back in June with my husband and daughter for our belated honeymoon - I wouldnt say it's a typical honeymoon destination, but we've chosen it because it's short flight times (essential with our toddler!) and there's lots to do. I found it really clean when I went before and a good bit of variety out there. There are tacky elements to it, but TBH I find that whichever resort you go to. Last time I stayed in the Princess Hotel which was lovely, great pool and again, very clean, part of the T10 chain. We're staying in another T10 hotel this time on half board basis, but from memory, there were loads of restaurants to eat at if you were thinking of B&B basis. I expect we'll eat out on a few nights for a change of scenery.

The beach is really nice too. Have you seen any hotels that you like the look of?

• T
    Beginner July 2013
    Tracyxx ·
    • Hide content

We went last year and it was a typical Spanish holiday, the place was busy lots of children (we took my 2 daughters so it was great for us) but if you are wanting a romantic getaway this isnt it! The theme park was great and Barcelona on the train worked out much cheaper than an excursion and it was brilliant. It depends what you want from your honeymoon. We had a good time but its not somewhere that we personally would go for our honeymoon. Hope this helps x?

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

H10 chain, even!

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    sammi23 ·
    • Hide content

We are looking for where were we can 'act' 18 if we want with the drinking and rides etc.. but then be grown up having a nice walk round somewhere..IYKWIM

also we both really football and would love to go to nou camp so that sems to tie it up. i also want to see the magic water fall in baracelona.

We have looked at the golden port salou & spa hotel which looks nice and we could spend a day in the spa!

xx

• J
    Beginner May 2011
    Jenny1979x ·
    • Hide content

We love Salou, we go every year, but we also have 3 kids. If my sister hadn't of offered to have our 3, we would be going on honeymoon there, with the kids. It is kid orientated, but you can still have fun!

The Nou Camp and water fall are a brilliant day out, as is Port Avenutrer.

Go have fun!

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    sammi23 ·
    • Hide content

I think we are going to turn up at the travel agents and say this is what we want, we cant go there, need to go on this day and see what they come up with.

Just scared of getting 'fobbed' off with something really expensive!! If anyone has any recommendations we would love to hear them

thankyou xx

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

We went there last october. was terrible weather. storms n all. there wasnt really much for us to do either n was really quiet. dont know what its like any other month so cant really comment . it was a bit tacky to be perfectly honest, sorry but u did ask. was cheap for us to get away so thats all the we really went for. but after bein in gran canaria in july was a bit of a downer goin there. we were scared to walk down some streets, even the main streets as there was a lot of drug dealers aswell x

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I went here last year with MIL, we stayed at the H10 Europa and the hotel was brilliant, we didn't do many activities, but I would suggest that you visit the House of Illusion http://www.houseofillusion.net/home.html we went and had a fabulous night - if you book in advance you can book a table near the front as well. I think one of the magicians from there is going to be on Britain's Got Talent at the weekend ?

There is also a tram that travels round Salou, so you can get to see more of it and decide if you want to hop off and go adverturing or not!!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I went in September 2008. Stayed in La Pineda which is about 2 miles out of Salou but with busses ALL the time. It had a lovely see front to walk along at night time with a few bars, and was a bit quieter and classier than Salou. Stayed in the Golden Donaire Beach Hotel which is literally on the beach!

Loved Port Aventura, was so much fun!! The day trip to Barcelona on the bus was great too, and very cheap. Theres a Pacha nightclub in La Pineda too which apparently is a good night.

Good luck with the honeymoon planning!!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ummmmmmmm me tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! although we stayed at the grand hacienda, but the same time!!!

But what everyone else said about salou, very family, very 'spain'.....La Pineda was lovley tho, and so close to everything !! we went to barcelone twice whilst there!

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

We took the "kids" to Spain a few years ago and decided to spend a day out in Salou and O.M.G.... Blackpool with sun, is the only way I can describe this place...

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    sammi23 ·
    • Hide content

Well we have booked!! were stayin close to Salou but close enough to be away from it all if w want to, Cambrils is the town and its not far from everything.

Thankyou for all your advice xx

• lilrach22
    Beginner July 2012
    lilrach22 ·
    • Hide content

Iv been and i really enjoyed it! We went to the theme park and the water park which was gr8 n only a 10 min walk from the hotel, also took a day trip to barcalona also gr8 as i have been there b4! some really nice restaurants near the beach that do gr8 cocktails! the beach front is also lovely but can get very busy during the day! and if you fancy a cheesy night you should go to the 007 bar they do music quiz and have acts on every night that are actually quite good! I even won the quiz in 007 and got a tray full of shots Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics