Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

katiebelle
Beginner May 2012

How early is too early to look for a wedding dress

katiebelle, 31 July, 2010 at 14:42 Posted on Planning 0 6

I am getting married in may 2012 (22 months away) and like any excited new bride i have been looking at dresses, colour schemes... the lot!!

However whilst looking i found a dress...my stomach had butterflies and i knew...i found a shop that stocked the dress and went to see it. the next thing i knew i was wearing the dress only to be told that it is being discontinued!!!my heart sank! i have 2 months to make my decision!?

do i get the dress and not look anymore, knowing i have dress i love

OR

do i pass up on the dress possibly finding another that i love equally/more closer to the time.?

help is needed... and quick!!

6 replies

Latest activity by *JLS*, 31 July, 2010 at 17:41
  • B
    Beginner May 2012
    Bride2b27 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in May 2012 too!

I deliberately haven't started looking at dresses to avoid having to make difficult decisions. However, if i was in your position and you really really LOVE the dress then i would buy it. What would you do if no other dress compared? Also, if worst came to worst you could always sell it at a later date?!

Hope this helps x

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I get married in sept 2012, I have been looking at dresses, mainly online, have seen some stunning ones, its hard not to get excited and look.....I have seen what i think is 'the one', but have tried to resist going to the shop, mainly because I know how often i change my mind, and if i got it and later saw another i would feel that i had to keep the 1st one.....i am also in the process of loosing weight, so have decided to put of going to try dresses on until next sept...

sarah

x

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

I started looking for dresses last September for our wedding this September, and found mine in October. Since ordering it and it arriving I have had numerous wobbles, mainly because I keep buying wedding mags and looking at other dresses (addicted now!) and seeing lovely Hitchers in their dresses and worrying that I made a decision too quickly and should have picked something more elaborate. At times I have wished that I had waited a while and gone to more shops to try on a bigger range of dresses before taking the plunge and picking. Obviously they need to be ordered a little in advance, but my only comment would be that you might find yourself rethinking the dress in the time you have until your wedding.

I am only saying "might" though - I cant say that I had the 'burst into tears/its the one' moment with my dress, so perhaps if you've had that you are really in love with the dress and would never change your mind! ?

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my dress 18 months before the day, it was in the first shop I looked in and i fell in love...got the 'the one' moment and decided to get it. I DIDN'T look at dresses after and I have never had any wobbles. I'd say, if you know it's the one then go for it...you can always sell it later.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in July 2012 and I have found my dress and have started paying installments on it!! I think if you love it and it sounds like it may be your "one" personally I would go for it. Do you have any pictures of it? Jxx

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    futureMrsM ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in april 2012 and i am desperate to try dresses on but keep thinking its too early lol quite like the idea of paing in installments then u dont feel the price as much haha (bit of a bidgt bride here) maybe i could start lookin lol was thinking of keeping an eye out for sales anyone know when they have them any particular time?

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I spoke to the shop and explained that I couldn't afford so much to pay a large deposit so this way I can pay around £50 a month which is a bonus. They also knocked off 10% so it doesn't help to ask!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics