Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ButtercupSoph
Beginner June 2012

How long before you bought your wedding rings?

ButtercupSoph, 1 May, 2011 at 14:15 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi everyone!

Was talking to OH today about what Wedding rings we want, and we had a look at different jewelers online and found rings we each want, but we were wondering when we should buy them. It's still over a year till the wedding itself, it now too early to buy them or not?

Thanks guys

X

18 replies

Latest activity by ButtercupSoph, 1 May, 2011 at 21:54
  • Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

You're my date twin ?

I'm not sure when is the right time to buy so will hang around to see what others say as we were wondering the same thing

Hope your planning is going well x

• queencrunchy
    queencrunchy ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours eight months before, mainly because VAT went up in January this year. We figured we might as well save some cash on one of the more expensive wedding buys.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours 2 months before

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine about 6 weeks ago, so a long time before I needed to really. But had been looking around a fair bit beforehand and was generally being quite fussy, and saw this one and simply knew it was the one I wanted so didn't see any point in waiting!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

You can buy them whenever. We bought ours as soon as we could because we knew what we wanted (plain gold bands) and the price of gold is always going up so it seemed to make sense to get them sooner rather than later. If you want "fancier" rings (for lack of a better word!) and think you might change your mind, then there's no harm in waiting... it's not like they usually take months to come in, like a wedding dress, and you can design your own so it's not like the design you want will be "retired".

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

We chose ours about a year before the wedding. We ordered them on 30th January this year and we don't get married until December! But because our budget took a steep tumble when my OH lost his job, we are paying for them in instalments every month until October when we pay the last one and they will then send them out. The rings are ready and they will send them out any time we want provided we pay off the balance...

We also got ours from looking online, and got them from Cool Joolz who come to your house or to wedding fayres. They are based in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.

• ButtercupSoph
    Beginner June 2012
    ButtercupSoph ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Date Twin! Smiley smile

The planning is going well, just trying not to miss anything out. ha ha!

Hope yours is going well too!

Have you been looking at rings?

X

• ButtercupSoph
    Beginner June 2012
    ButtercupSoph ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

Thinking about getting them soon, because then its one extra cost out of the way before the big day. I just know I will want to wear it though! ha ha!

X

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We ordered Feb this year as we knew exactly what we wanted and got quotes for it early so we could budget. We finally used Smooch, partially due to the interest free payment options they offered, we took it over 12 months but can extend it without any penalty fees etc to pay if we are finding payments too much.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

We ordered ours back in March but it took a month for OH's to be delivered and then there was a problem with the size so we had to reorder. It ended up taking 6 weeks altogether, so its worth getting them at least a few months before the wedding, imo.

PS. I try mine on all the time when OH is out. On the 1st day I got it I wore it for about 20 mins ?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We get married 2 weeks before you and we bought ours in March. Saw them, liked them, bought them, one more thing ticked off the list ?

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello!! I am the same date as you two! Smiley smile

We have ordered our rings now but I suppose it is up to you how soon to do it. I just want to get as much off my list as possible!!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

. Hiya our planning is going well. Have the main things booked and deposits paid.

yeah I've been looking at rings. Saw a lovely one in Tiffanys but they didn't have the shape I wanted. Have got a quote from Smooch and think will check out Hatton Garden too

• E
    Beginner October 2011
    englishrosebride ·
    • Hide content

My SIL2B currently works in a jewellers and we went in to look at our ring options this weekend. We will both need to have ours made to measure and I was told to allow at least 3 months. I have issues with getting an off-the-shelf ring to fit with my engagement ring. It will take at least 2 weeks to get a wax cast made of the sort of ring I would like. Once I agree that and consent it will then take about another 4-6 weeks to get the actual ring made. We were also advised not to leave it too last minute just in case I need it resizing once the two are together or if I don't like the first design. Plus we do want them engraved too.

My job requires me to watch metal prices and they are very high at present. That's not to say they won't go higher so if you think you're getting a good price on the raw materials then it may be worth buying them super early.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

About 6 weeks after we got engaged, a year before our wedding. Happened to be out shopping, it started raining so we shot into the first shop we saw which was a jewelers, had a look, found a couple of real bargain pieces that were just what we wanted, so bought them there and then - the same weekend we booked our venue, photographer and registrars!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ohhh we are triplets :-)

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

I've always wanted to be a triplet!! ?

• ButtercupSoph
    Beginner June 2012