Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jay-Low
Beginner

How many children do you want/have?

Jay-Low, 25 January, 2011 at 09:40 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

I don't have any at the mo.

I always knew I wanted at least 3 because I am one of 3 and it just seemed to 'work'!

Now, in an ideal world I would like 4 but I would only ever go that far if I could afford to bring them up in the lifestyle I would want for them.

All that being said, I might decide to stop after 1 so will just have to see what happens!

OH is definite he wants 2. And he is one of 2 children so I wonder if this affects your opinion on it?

21 replies

Latest activity by The BFG, 26 January, 2011 at 10:04
  • COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

I've not got any at the moment either - we'll hopefully be TTC no. 1 when AF eventually turns up - I came off the pill at the beginning of January.

Ideally I'd like 2, but we'll see how no. 1 goes first! Hehe! x

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I have two children a girl aged 5 & a son aged 2

love them to bits but do not want anymore

i'm the only girl and eldest of 6 ?

I like having two children as i can quite easily spend quality time

with each of them and not feel tired or stressed at the end of the day!

Maybe what your family was growing up does have an effect on your opinion

i knew i didn't want too many children as i saw my mum struggle sharing herself between us

and as the older i got the more push out i felt ☹️

I know i don't want any more because i'm scared of pushing one out maybe by accident

or feeling like i'm not loving them enough silly ...maybe but i'm happy how i am

xx

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I have in my head that I think I'd like 2 but I'm quite prepared for that idea to change once I actually have one and the reality of that sets in! Although MIL is convinced that twins run in the family ?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I want just one- a son. I always have- not picky at all!!

Hopefully TTC this year x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Im one of 5 and OH is one of 2 so has never understood my want for lots fo children!! id like 4 ideally, as i loved growing up with many brothers and sisters...my oldest brother is 43 and my youngest 25 so theres a spread outted ness between us all!

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I have a son, he's nearly 11 weeks old. I definitely want another 2 as 3 children seem a good number. I'm an only child and I always craved siblings as a child and I don't want this for O.

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

I have 3, all boys 18,15 and 4, i would have liked another, as i was one of 3 and hated it, but wasn't to be Smiley sad but now i'm happy with my lot and feel 3 works well and wouldn't have another now

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I currently have none, H has 1

I would like us to have 2

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any children, OH has a little girl, just turned 6.

I'd like us to have 1 more.

Although as cookie said multiple births run in OH's family, he has triplet sisters, so my 1 more may be blown out of the window, ha ha.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I'd like 2 I think. I'm 1 of 4, and really loved having lots of siblings growing up, but realistically I'm not sure I could afford it, or would be able to cope. I'll be TTC as soon as I get back from honeymoon (would start trying on the honeymoon, but it's a beach holiday and don't want AF to turn up unexpectedly if I come off my pill - will be staying on it until am safely out of a bikini!) We'll have to see how this goes - am 32 and have PCOS, so I'm not sure it'll be instant. :-(

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I'm 1 of 2 & I can't say having an older brother actually benefited me in anyway. He is a bully, was a git throughout my childhood & now we are in our 30's we don't speak. I have 1 little boy who will be 1 next week. I would love to have a second as I really want a little girl but I had such an awful time with my pregnancy & labour with Sebbie that I am seriously terrified of going through it all again as 12 months on I am still suffering & waiting for surgery to repair me. OH is an only child & really wants our cublet to have a little brother or sister.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 boys aged 4 and 16 months. We are still undecided about having anymore, although I think we may have just one more. H2b really wants a girl and i'm not too fussed.

If we do have another one it won't be until after were married and have moved house, because we've really out grown this one! x

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

We have none at present, but I am 1 of 2

I would happy at present due to my age more than anything just having the 1

I came of the pill last July so started my bleeds again in september and so far been quite regular. The weight gain due to my depression has to come of 1st which is starting on Thursday, so once a reasonable amount has come of we will be ttc

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any at the moment, hubby has 1.

I would like 1 I think, or maybe 2 so they can play together. Realistically will be lucky to have any as mother of my stepdaughter is intent on making our lives hell so all my husbands time money and effort is on trying to see his daughter for the foreseeable future.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I always wanted two, I guess that would be because I was one of two, but I would be happy with one tbh. My H2B already has 3 (aged 9, 15 & 18).

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel your pain, i am not a huge fan of ex's!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

We want two, on each if possible. However, both our parents are twins and no other twins have occured since so theres much teasing that i will have twins!!!

which means having to get an extension on the house as its our house for life we feel....

and if we have a third, then we'd def have to move i think!! as age is against us tho, we'll see what happens. def try for two. xx

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I would like 2 or 3. I am the youngest of 2 and always wanted a younger sibling.. But I'm lucky to be alive as my Mum only wanted one child - It was Dad's begging that led to me being born!!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I grew up the eldest of two and my little bro is 5 years my junior. I would love to have two, ideally one of each, though i don't really mind which flavour. Fingers crossed that this is our year! We don't have any as yet but are TTC number 1.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I never wanted any kids. I'm 1 of 9, so I always craved a quiet life, no screaming kids.

I had Casey when I was 18 (a very happy accident), and as he was so ill (born 13 weeks early), I swore i'd never put myself through that again. Fast forward 6 years, and I fall pg end of 09. Unfortunately lost it 3 days after I found out, which made me realise how badly I wanted another child. So, now currently up duffed with number 2.

We've decided on 1 more after this one, which added to my step kids, will give us 5.

Hoping the next one is a pink one, as OH has a daughter, and I don't want her being the only girl.

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

If i was only just starting to have children now probably just 1 or 2 but as it is i have 3 boys and H and i are TTC#4 (his #1) but i do think we will stop at that even though he keeps threatening me with a multiple pregnancy!! lol they dont run in his family but do in mine on my mums side and there havent been any for a while!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics