Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2013

How much time off did you have BEFORE your wedding?

clareio, 18 of July of 2013 at 10:02

Posted on Planning 37

So although i'm not getting married until November, I have been asked to book my leave now (and also I want to know how much I want to take!) I have, at the moment, allowed for the week before the wedding off (wedding is a saturday) and a week and a half afterwards. My mum has mentioned that I could...

So although i'm not getting married until November, I have been asked to book my leave now (and also I want to know how much I want to take!)

I have, at the moment, allowed for the week before the wedding off (wedding is a saturday) and a week and a half afterwards.

My mum has mentioned that I could get away with taking three days off before the wedding and still get everything done.

I know 99% of things will be sorted out before then so shouldn't have too much to do, but things like eyebrow wax/hair cut/shellac nails/dental hygenist and a couple of hours in a spa with my mum are still going to want to be in that last week...

I am also collecting my flowers in that week as they are silk.

Is there anything I have missed that will possibly need doing in that last week?

Or is 5 days off just WAY too much time to stress?

37 replies

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I've only booked the day before off, all we have to do is drop stuff off at the venue and thats it and we staying in a hotel the night before.

Do beauty appointments etc and collecting bits and bobs really require a full days leave each? I plan to do all that after work in the week running up to the wedding. I'd rather use my annual leave days for other purposes.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    clareio ·
    • Hide content

Im hoping to get all the beauty stuff done within a day, i will probably get my hair done the week before after work. Collecting my flowers is at least three hours due to distance, im also anticipating possibly having to collect my dress which will be 2 hours (again, distance). I am assuming I will have to go to the venue at some point but will find out specifics some time this month. As my parents are three hours away I want to spend a bit of time with them aswell and my OH is off from the wednesday for things like collecting hire suits. I think i partly just want a massive break from work because, at the moment, it's driving me mad.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I only had the Friday and Monday off (got married on Saturday). I did everything either after work or in a big rush on the Friday!

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

For me it depends on how disorganised I am - I may need a week to finish dresses and jewellery, decorate venues, do flowers etc

I *may* be organised enough to only need a couple of days, but that's not all that likey! Smiley tongue

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Erm, I had not even considered taking time off before! Now I am concerned I am going to be in a state or something! As a teacher, I am not sure it is even an option, especially as I have 2 weeks off for some surgery coming up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics