Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2010

how much were (and where did you get) your bridesmaid dresses?

brideseekingblush, 14 of November of 2009 at 11:42 Posted on Planning 0 26

Hello Ladies,

I'd hoped to get high street dresses for my bridesmaids, but I don't think I'm going to find anything in the right colour. Smiley sad How much did you pay and where did you get your's?

Ta,

26 replies

Latest activity by Foddette, 16 of November of 2009 at 14:47
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid last year and we got ours from a local bridal shop - they were only £100 (we'd seen them in another bridal shop for £150).

Alfred Sung - D313 (bad picture - only one i could find) - mine was in "Celadon"

• K
    Beginner April 2010
    kazndave ·
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid last year for my dad n i got a dress from debenhams for £100. My BM has just found the perfect dress in M&S for £50.

What colour are you looking for?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Midnight blue prom dress £100 from debut debenhams......and a proper nameless bridesmaid dress at a wopping sale price of £80.

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine from the forever yours brochure (i think it's called forever yours!!!) It's £125.

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Paid £75 for my dresses but these in black from a bridal shop in Birmingham

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £85 from debenhams, the ben de lisi range

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

What colour are you looking for?

I've been a bit different and ordered my Alfred Sung BM dresses from America and got them for £75 each.

These dresses in Victorian Lilac

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from ebay - £80 for two. They were originally from

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Wow baz they are gorgeous - and what a bargain!!!! Well done!!!

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Gillsy. I was really pleased with them as they look brand new.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - I'm looking for gold, which I thought would be easy with xmas coming up, but the only gold aorund is a dull metallic one - not suitable for weddings! I'd thought it was really expensive to get them from a bridal shop but it seems like you can get a good deal if you shop around.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Debenhams have these

Long £90 or Short £70 Short £80 or Long £100

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Francessca Bridal - they have a clearance day twice a year (or maybe more often) and have hundreds of dresses starting from as littl as £19.

Mine were Alfred angelo dress for adult bridesmaids £69

and Forever yours for child bridesmaids (£49 and £59)

i searched it on google they also have another warehouse that does out of season stuff and seconds i think

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Would you go down the China route for your dresses?

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm having this problem too as I want lilac & its not in season currently. I regulary search the high street stores online to see what they have new, I'm also considering ordering from abroad if I can't find what I want for a reasonable price in this country.

What kind of dress are you looking for? Long, short, satin, chiffon, a-line?

Hopefully you've still got lots of time to keep searching.

Edit: Emmamc01 I just did a search for francesca bridalwear and on their website & this is posted

BRIDAL GOWNS FROM £49!

PROM/BRIDESMAIDS FROM £19!

FRIDAY 27th NOVEMBER 2009 - 10 till 4
    SATURDAY 28th NOVEMBER 2009 - 10 till 4

TO BE HELD AT OUR CENTRAL WAREHOUSE IN TAMWORTH

Francesca Bridalwear/Formal Affair
    Tame Park,
    Vanguard, Off Ninian Way
    Wilnecote, Tamworth, B77 5DY

OPEN TO PUBLIC AND TRADE - SORRY NO CHEQUES

Can you tell me if there were lots of different dresses for sale? Were there only single samples of each? I would like to buy 6 dresses in the same style but differing sizes, any ideas if this would be worth my while? Hope this helps others as well

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I got my bridesmaid dresses from Debenhams, they were £110

My friend is a bridesmaid next month and has this gold dress from debenhams, it's really lovely on

The gold dress is £100 but watch out for the debenhams 25% discounts days. It just so happened the discount day was on the day I bought my bridesmaid dresses and I got two dresses for £165! x

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    Paris09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Had to reply to you. I want a midnight blue dress from Debenhams too and my teenage bridesmaid tried it on the other week and loved it. But when I went to show my mother-in-law to be the dress on the Debenhams internet site yesterday it had vanished! I typed in the stock number thing but it said there was nothing.

It's the colour I really want and at £100 it is much cheaper than any of the dresses in the wedding dress shops around here (Essex). Most dresses seem to start from £120 with the alterations being at least another £60. So I'm pretty upset about that. Good job you already bought yours.

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Paris, don't be dishearted about the dress. The one we have has been on and off their website for a year! When I first saw it in store, I then went to look at it on the website and it wasn't there anymore. They still had them in the shop though and I got two quickly as I thought they were maybe being discontinued. It appeared back on the website a few months later and then disappeared again and I just noticed when I was getting the pics of the gold one there that it's back again!

Which dress was it? I've seen most of them, what did it look like? x

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    Paris09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Missdeedee,

Thank you for that.

The dress is a midnight blue, floor length, taffeta evening dress. It is quite straight with almost a sash that hangs down to one side and removal shoe string straps. It's really simple, but I think elegant.

I would've bought it the other week but my bridemaid is only 13 and lives in Devon (I live in Essex), so it's very difficult as she has grown a dress size in the last few months. Ideally I didn't want to but until May half term (which is about two and a bit months before our wedding) when she can come to stay. However, I'm really conscious they won't have the dress then. So I've been looking on the website and in the shop every few days for the last few weeks (the shop assistants must think I'm a stalker! ).

However, when I went in on Thursday they only had sizes 6, 18 and 20 and the lady in charge of the dress section said they are never sure what stock they'll get in or when but said as it's a very pretty dress it's likely to stay in store for a long time, but then, as I said, yesterday it had vanished form on-line.

I love the colour and am worried that I won't be able to get the same elsewhere or in the Spring. I think if I do see it again, I may buy it in a bigger size and then get it taken in if needs be.

I don't know! Thanks though very much. X

• A
    Beginner December 2009
    arhlec2812 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married 12/12/09. Got all my bridesmaids dresses from Debenhams, saw them purely by chance. Silk Jasper Conran frocks which were originally £67 and reduced to £24.60 in their sale, also got a store card to get the extra 10% discount. The frocks are on the Debenhams wedding brochure on the website, taupe colour and they really catch the light. Also got all their fur shrugs from Debenhams at £28 each.

New Look for shoes and handbags, £16.00 and £5.00 each. A perfect match for the dresses.

Originally was going to have the frocks made by a family friend who is a good dressmaker, but changed my mind once I visited Debenhams. I had no preconceived idea about the colour, knew I want the wedding to have a chrismas feel and the main colour theme is old gold. With the invitations being done with oyster pearl card and organza ribbon.

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my God, Dee! I have the same BM dresses as you! ?

They are so beautiful aren't they?

Oh, and I got mine for £88 in the sale! ?

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay! How strange is that! I have to say, I don't think the pics do them justice, they are so much nicer on!

I got mine on the 25% discount day, so I got 2 for £165, £82.50 each (Im so smug eh!)

Hows the rest of your planning going lovie? xx

• WeddingPrincess
    Beginner June 2010
    WeddingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Just to let you lovely ladies know that Debenhams 25% off Spectacular starts on Weds this week and is on until Friday! I used to work there and have friends still there!

HTH

XX

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Oops, sorry, that was in answer to the china question - I'd be reluctant to...I'm not great about sending things back etc - I did consider light in the box 'cos gillsy's dresses were gorgeous - who knows it might come to that. It's really annoying - the first of those debenhams dresses is lovely but they only have it in massive sizes! The other one I'm not so keen on. Maybe I'm just too fussy!

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I spent a whacking great fortune on mine - £185 from a bridal shop but I only have one BM and the dress is gorgeous. We originally looked on the highstreet but bottle green is just not popular at the moment. With alterations added on it'll probably come to about £250 but I've managed to cut back on other bits of the budget - she's wearing her own shoes, not bothering with a bag and instead of buying her a coat to go with it I've made her and the FG cloaks (well, when I say I've made them I really mean my mum has....)

The dress is Alexia Bridal 2610 in Hunter.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Yes, you see that's what I just can't afford to do! - re the £250. It's such a shame because Debenhams and M&S had some lovely ones but they've not got them left in the right sizes. I'm hoping that in the january sales maybe something will appear.

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

Went into Always & Forever Bridal very open minded with what dresses my girls would get (3 maids altogether). Told them I didn't know what style I wanted just knew the colour & if they fell in love with a dress style then they don't have to match.

One bridesmaid fell in love with a very extravegent dress at £320!!! The other 2 ended up liking the same dress at £130 each. In the end my mum had words with the first girly because the dress was actually pretty similar to mine!!! Can't have that!

Got a discount against them for getting all 3 the same so all came to £350 Smiley smile

Tina by Romantica of Devon in Plum/Aubergine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics