Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Curious October 2023 Leicestershire

How soon is too soon for Wed2b

Chloe, 21 of August of 2022 at 16:34 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 12
Hi all! I'm super keen on trying wedding dresses but the wedding isn't until Oct 23, I'm looking at trying dresses in Sept 22, is that too soon? For context I'm going to Wed2B so you walk away with the dress the same day. Is there going to be issues with the dress discolouring etc in storage?

12 replies

Latest activity by Melanie, 21 of November of 2022 at 01:28
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    You should be fine if stored in a box with paper etc. A year before is good, as you may find you don't like wed2be dresses and go to a shonwhete you need to order and that can take time
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with charlotte on this my hairdresser us getting married at weekend and brought her dress last year just covered it up x💗
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding isn’t until October ‘23 but I’m going to be trying dresses on in September- October because I want to get a feel of what suits me before I start looking
  • Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks all for the advice! I went and bought my dream dress today from wed2b! Have a box to store it in.
  • Chantelle
    Beginner October 2023 South Yorkshire
    Chantelle ·
    • Hide content
    I don't know if this is too late for you but Im getting married October 23 as well and got my dress from wed2b 2 months ago and I took it out of the box yesterday to have a sneak peek and it's still in perfect condition so you should absolutely be fine. The one thing is just to make sure all your veil and jewelry are separate as I was worried it would tangle up!
  • Chantelle
    Beginner October 2023 South Yorkshire
    Chantelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've just seen this, congratulations on finding your dream dress! So happy for you! Congratulations for the big day next year also 🥰
  • Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks so much! Congrats to you too lovely and it's so good to hear about your dress!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Glad you got your dress just remember don't look at other dresses just incase you see one then think to your self did I do the right thing a lot of brides have done this but there is a reason you picked it you knew it was the one for you congratulations on finding it enjoy the rest of your planning X♥️
  • Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes you are exactly right! Ive unfollowed all the wedding dress places right away! Thank you so much! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Enjoy your planning Hun x♥️
  • Karan
    Beginner May 2023 West Yorkshire
    Karan ·
    • Hide content

Edit to say just seen you have bought your dress! Congrats - will leave below in case it helps anyone else Smiley smile

I'm getting married in May 2023 and bought my dress from a curvy bridal store exactly a year before - was delivered in October so I'm just storing in my wardrobe until the day.

Just been to wed2be a couple weeks ago to buy my bridesmaid dresses and they are still made and having to wait until end of Jan to collect - think they said it's a 16 week turn around time for them. Couple of observations from my experience at the Rotherham store:

- It's a open warehouse type shop with multiple dressing rooms so not very 'private' if that's what you would prefer

- We couldn't make an appointment, turned up on the day at 11:30 and there was a 2 hour wait for help so went away grabbed some food and then came back - which was fine for us but make sure everyone knows it might take a while.

- There are sooo many dresses in both bridesmaid and bridal - not sure on how good their size range was in bridal but in bridesmaid it was good.

- service was good, they seemed a bit put out I'd bought my dress elsewhere but was good with my bridesmaids.

- they don't do alterations (neither did the shop I bought my dress from but she did have recommended seamstresses) so try to find someone local to you, make sure to look at reviews and the work they post on facebook/ insta etc. to make sure you are happy with it before booking in with them.

- keep in mind you won't be having fittings until 6-8 weeks before your wedding unless you don't plan on changing body shape at all but I think it is still recommended to wait.

- storing wedding dress out of sunlight, away from intense smells and away from damp/ mouldy areas. I read that if it's heavy beading to store in a box flat rather than on the hanger to avoid stretching material. Take into account having the dress steamed or doing it yourself too.

• Melanie
    Dedicated September 2025 Kent
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content

Most places say 1 year before your wedding. But then again I've bought my and I've still got 3 years until my weeding Smiley xd Congrats on find your dream dress x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics