Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2024 Conwy

How to ask politely

Rebecca, 19 of June of 2022 at 05:21 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 8
So we are getting married, we have been living together 2 years and come the wedding it will be 4 years. I know it’s traditional to usually buy wedding gifts in the form of things you need for your home together but we already have a fully fitted home with more than enough. I am wondering if anyone had any good ways of telling ur guests that you don’t want gifts and that money for honeymoon would be preferred without sounding really cheeky and ungrateful and if so, how and when did U let ur guests know. Tia x

8 replies

Latest activity by Matthew, 20 of June of 2022 at 20:01
  • Abigail
    Dedicated March 2023 Northumberland
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    Hey! I’ve been to a few weddings that have asked for money gifts on the wedding invites. I hope these help. Here are some examples that I found online when looking for my own invites:

• The most important thing to us is that you are able to celebrate with us on our wedding day. However, if you wish to give a gift, we will gratefully accept a small contribution towards our honeymoon.
    We are extremely lucky to have love, laughter and house full of furniture, so if you'd like to help us celebrate with a gift, a contribution to our honeymoon would be much appreciated
    gifts are welcome but not expected, and will be put towards our honeymoon

• R
    Beginner October 2024 Conwy
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thank you xx
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    The suggestions above are fine, don’t worry about it as it is really common nowadays to ask for money as many couples live together before. I have two children from a previous relationship and my own house so I don’t need material things and we have asked for money in a nice way! Everyone was fine with it!
  • Rachel
    Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Find a poem to put in the invitation 😃
    That’s what we’ve done as we’ve been together nearly 10 years lived together for 4 of them xx
  • HappyOrangeConfetti75
    Beginner July 2024
    HappyOrangeConfetti75 ·
    • Hide content
    Exactly that, "we appreciate any gift but vouchers for chosen holiday shop would be awesome to go towards our honeymoon."
  • R
    Beginner September 2024 Herefordshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content

We're in a similar situation, we're currently renting and have everything we need, we've been gifted a honeymoon from my future in-laws. We're currently saving for a house deposit so on the wedding invites we are putting:

Your presence at our wedding is the greatest gift of all. However, if you do wish to honour us with a gift, we will gratefully accept a small contribution towards our deposit on our first house.

Asking for honeymoon contributions is quite common so I don't think any guests will be put out by it Smiley smile

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with Abigail on this one couldnt have said it better x💗
  • Matthew
    Beginner July 2022 West Midlands
    Matthew ·
    • Hide content
    Went to two weddings recently and they both asked for Kuoni vouchers

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles