Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Hunter Wellies

Trickers, 6 February, 2012 at 14:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

I want some - yes I know someone is going to say they arent worth the price but I'm not interested in that.?

I just had a look on Amazon and found some kids ones in a size 4 for £30. Does anyone else on here with small feet have some kiddie ones or have you got adult ones? Are they the same quality?

If I buy the kid ones I save £15!

14 replies

Latest activity by nanny plum, 6 February, 2012 at 18:23
  • Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

If that fails, TKMAxx get them every now and again! The adult ones are only £30ish in there too, but the popular sizes sell out quickly. In my local one they had the pink, blue, green and silver ones.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I have size 4 kiddie ones.

And I think they are worth the money - I wear mine nearly every day for the dog walk and have had them for 3 or 4 years.

The main difference is that they don't come as high on your leg - instead of almost knee high they're more calf length. And they have a little reflector on the back!

I will see if I can dig out a photo to show you where they come to if you like?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

The kiddie ones are shorter though I believe. I know you get adult short ones too, but the kid ones will be lenght proportional to kiddies... can you go try on a pair of kids ones in the shops to see if they'll do?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The fact they are calf length is the reason why I wanted them. Yes, can you flash a photo Kharvo?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I want some too and had looked at the kids ones, but i would worry about the width of the calf..i have trouble with calf sizes on boots anyway - does anyone know if theyre much different?

someone at work has the jimmy choo ones theyre lully!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Damn - can't seem to find a photo. Will take one when I get home tonight!

What colour are you thinking?

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I could do with some, especially for walking the pooch, I have a pair I got from Asda about 4 years ago, they've been fab but they don't keep your feet warm!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just want black ones; they'll go with everything that way!

I'm buying them a size bigger because I want to wear thick socks with them.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good plan.

My current ones are light blue but I keep eyeing up the navy ones.

October - afraid I can't help on the calf front. I have quite small calves but they definitely aren't tight on me.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am so glad someone else is thinking the same way as me! H bought me the much lusted after (on my part) Jimmy Choo hunters for Xmas.. And I had to return then because they were too high up my and I couldn't bend my legs! ?

I have since discovered they do a midi-JC pair which I've instructed H he is to take me to try on at Bicester village this weekend!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I am really tempted to get hunters. All the cheaper wellies I get split and crack, even the Peter Storm ones that were £30. With what I have spent over the last 2 years alone would have more than paid for one pair of hunters.

I assume they last a long time?

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've had mine 7 years now and they are still going strong. I wear them all day 3-4 days a week and quite often at the weekend when I'm doing my own garden.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry too much about inferior quality - some of the price difference will be down to VAT - kids shoes are VAT free, adults you pay an extra 20% to the government and the rest is likely to be the marketing side of it, probably not as much demand for expensive kids wellies cos they grow out of them so flipping quick.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I bought kiddies Hunters from John Lewis a few months ago. I think the quality is just the same,slightly tighter in the calf department but alright on me. As i am pretty small they are bigger than calf length on me.

Bought them in red and silver....it never quite worked out with the money saving as i ended up wanting two pairs..greedy cow that i am.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics