Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2012

Hymns for a catholic church?!

hannahtynan, 2 November, 2011 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hey!! So me and my partner are getting married next year! August the 4th Smiley smile It's come to the time where we're being asked what hymns we want and what readings etc but to be honest, i don't really know much about the catholic church and we're getting married in one. My mothers side of the family are all catholic and i don't know what ones to pick! Obviously i want love to be the main subject and god also but i want some that mention love more than god. A lot of my guests are of different religions and i don't want to make people feel uncomfortable. So any suggestions?? I'd quite like some that are from my school days but that's a while ago now and i don't know if any would be relevant.

5 replies

Latest activity by Carly & Simon, 3 November, 2011 at 13:33
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

The priest should be able to suggest some for you to think about.

I know in the past people have suggested 'school hymns' and they've been told they aren't allowed to have them at a wedding.

Although I'm sure you wouldn't intentionally go out of your way to make people feel uncomfortable during a church service, but they surely must realise that there will be some mention of God, religion and Catholic traditions within the ceremony?

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    steph2325 ·
    • Hide content

Were having a catholic ceremony and we have chose to have all things bright and beautiful and Calon lan. The second you may not know- its Welsh. Speak to your priest, I was surprised just how helpful and lovely ours is. I am not a catholic but my H2B is, i have been attending mass but still i have needed a lot of help with picking hymns and readings. xx

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I got married in a catholic church and we had colours of day, give me joy in my heart and all things bright & beautiful.

Anna

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

Let there be peace on earth is one of ours - I think it's lovely!

• Carly & Simon
    Beginner July 2012
    Carly & Simon ·
    • Hide content

Bind us together is a lovely hymn for a wedding x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics