Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

i have decided wedding dresses are like Jeans!

Sarah, 28 of July of 2021 at 11:03 Posted on Planning 1 6

So I hate Jean shopping as they either fit my waist and legs but not bum or fit bum but too loose on waist etc so I rarely shop for Jeans! I'm glad I (hopefully) will only ever need to buy 1 wedding dress for a similar reason...

I have started getting some ideas looking at images online and have so far gone from wanting a very sleek fitted dress to completely the opposite with a big ball gown style! I worry if I didn't go for the big dress would I regret it afterwards.

All the dresses I have seen so far (and I've looked at thousands of images lol) I either like the top half but not the bottom or like the bottom and front but not the back, you get the picture. Smiley tongue Like the top half but not the fabric etc etc..

I wish you could literally pick n mix the best bits of all of your favourite parts of 3 dresses. (A custom made dress is really not in my price range btw just day dreaming of an app that could do this Smiley smile )

Anyone else feel like this? Good job I have 2 years to make my mind up :-)

Here are the two completely different styles I am going between.

i have decided wedding dresses are like Jeans! 1

i have decided wedding dresses are like Jeans! 2

6 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 28 of July of 2021 at 17:57
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I love the first one, it’s beautiful. I bought my dress but then was unsure about the straps so my seamstress has changed them for me and now it’s my dream dress. You can alter certain things without it costing loads.
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    I was the same, I went wedding dress shopping yesterday and was set on a fitted gown until I tried them on and all I kept thinking was I can wear something similar to this to a fancy dinner party and couldn’t stop thinking about the bigger dresses, I was stuck between 3 dresses, I loved the top of one but there wasn’t much on the skirt, I loved the skirt of another it was all sparkly and so pretty but I hated the top and the third one I loved the open back with buttons going all the way down but didn’t like the fit and then the consultant ran off and came back with my perfect dress I loved the top and although you can’t see it in the photo below it has the most sparkly skirt it’s just perfect it has an open back and buttons all the way down, be honest with your consultant about what you like and don’t like I guarantee she knows every dress in that store and will help you find your perfect dress, this is the dress I chose yesterday ❤️ i have decided wedding dresses are like Jeans! 3

i have decided wedding dresses are like Jeans! 4

• Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    If you find a dress like the top one which you like the skirt bit of, could you then get a jacket to wear on top. Not an actual jacket but like a bridal T-shirt/jacket (some have sleeves/ extra lace etc) which the seamstress could then see on.

My sister found the perfect dress but wanted sleeves so she got a jacket which was full coverage and you slipped into and did up at the back. It was then sewn onto the dress.
    I’ll try find a picture of what I mean as I’m useless at explaining 🤣🤣
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    i have decided wedding dresses are like Jeans! 5
    Bridal topper. But also bridal cover up/ bridal jacket/ bridal top.

Also that skirt from the first photo… they used to just sell that skirt in wed2B. I remember trying it on when my sister got married (yep I totally joined in and tried dresses on to help her decide 😝) you could always get a skirt and top
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    You will, happy dress shopping x
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Good luck. It’s the best thing dress shopping. If you need someone to come along and randomly try dresses on at the same time then I’m your girl 😂😂

A lot of bridal shops stock the tops too. Also really good seamstresses can make them or alter a lot of dresses. Your going to look beautiful and have the best dress 🥰🥰
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi you will definetly know when you have found the one i went dress shopping didnt like any i tried on but knew what style now i have my dream dress with out trying it on but it arrived and i love it good luck x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics