Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2012

I need a bib!!

Leabee28, 20 October, 2011 at 17:30 Posted on Planning 0 35

Help!!

Im the most clumsy person I know!! I spill everything all the time my gran still makes me sit at the table with the tea towel if I have spaghetti or beans im that bad.

Its like a running joke on both sides of the family guaranteed on a Sunday dinner the gravy will go down me. Ketchup, the whole top parts of cornettos everything.

So I'm asking all hib's or other hitches if they have ever seen a bride bib as if I spill anything down my dress I will cry Smiley sad also red one is banned from the top table!!

Xx

35 replies

Latest activity by luckylola, 28 October, 2011 at 20:17
  • cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Haha where is that from and do they do a matching groom one!!:-)

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking more along the lines of a full on apron wonder if vistapriint could do one of those lol i too am very clumsy x

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

There are loads on zazzle.co.uk and cafepress.co.uk

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Cheers girl's I'm shocking!! Haha love the full apron idea Smiley smile xx

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Haha amazing http://www.zazzle.co.uk/bridal_bib_apron-154131499645131927

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Just dont have anything runny?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Hi,i bought a white apron embroidered with my married name. Good quality and quick service..and only £6.99 from this.... Courtwood Photographic Limited ebay shop.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't want to spoil your apron fun but have you thought about learning to eat properly?! How do you manage when you go out for dinner? What if you needed to entertain clients/something important for work involving a meal?

I can be clumsy at times but I can manage to get food from my plate to my gob without covering myself in it!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

To add,i did wear it and bought it as my three year old was at the table plus my OH was on the red stuff. I was glad i did as my 3 year old left a big ice cream sticky hand on it.

• beady
    Beginner September 2012
    beady ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad they exisit as I was starting to panic about this! ?

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

WSS - I have had a giggle with OH as he always manages to spill something down him whether it be a little or alot !! It happens, certaintly doesnt mean you dont know how to eat properly, I would hate to finish my dinner then look down to see a sploged of food on my dress and if a apron/bib is a way of preventing this, why not !!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I am so getting these!! I am also clumsy and constantly get food down me. Oh is worse!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It's not rude - are you seriously telling me that spilling food down you at meal times is normal?

I'm really struggling to understand this. I have eaten thousands of meals in my lifetime, many with other people, and beyond toodlerhood, I have never encountered this as a serious issue for people.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Have you also thought about stain remover wipes just in case? They have some great ones at M & S stores at motorway services. They don't seem to have them at normal stores. I got mud on my dress and also a splash of coke. We gave it a wipe for the evening guests arriving and it was spotless :-)

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I am quite shocked these bibs even exist!

I would never ever wear one especailly on my wedding day. I am not a 'messy or clumsy eater' but I do take extra special care if I am at an event or somewhere 'special'.

Do you wear a bib when you are guest?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I would never wear a bib but i really liked my apron. I bought it more for the three year old who i knew would sit on my knee,however my dress was pretty huge and it altered the way i could sit at the table a bit plus sometimes when i try not to drop something it makes me worry about it and i end up spilling stuff.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I know how to eat properly - and think it's rude for someone to imply that anyone can't - but there is the odd occasion that I drop crumbs, etc. Maybe it's down to my lack of depth perception cause by my squint. It would be typical for this to happen on my wedding day and ruin my dress. Surely if you have a bigger dress then you won't be able to sit close to the table like you normally would and therefore the risk of this happening is increased?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Isn't this what napkins are made for?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

CB did not come across as rude to me. When has she ever been rude on this forum?

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha Yes, on a day to day basis napkins work fine, but it would have to be a big napkin to protect a big dress!

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you know a seamstress/dressmaker, they might be able to make something up for you. You just and extra long and wide part to cover your skirt, obviously the front will cover the bust, and you could have some detailing on the neckline and around the straps to make it look pretty.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

That sounds pretty DS!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this idea

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Someone mentioned this earlier on, but can't you opt for something that isn't going to be messy?

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I remember posting a similar thread before my wedding! Why we chose tomato soup for our starter I can't remember, but the deed was done.

I opted for an apron and had it embroidered with my married name. Got it from http://kissthecook.co.uk/. Was £25 ish, quality fantastic, service was amazing and I use it now in the kitchen when cooking/baking etc.

Incidentally, the only stains on my apron are from baking too much chocolate cake! No tomato soup was spilt on the day.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, but sod's law would be that if you didn't have the bib then you would have spilt the soup!

Incidentally, there is a very good reason why I haven't chosen soup... ?

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Whatever the arguements are for and against the apron or bib i will be buying one its not everyday you wear a dress that can cost thousands, i can eat properly but sometimes accidents happen i will have my 15 month old daughter sat next to me who tends to get quite mucky when i feed her dont ask me why but if i dont catch it i will wear it lol so apron all the way for me x

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Good heavens i didnt mean to start a debate!! lol

ive been on crazy shifts at work so only just seen this, Yes I can eat properly and implying that I can't then I think this is extremly rude, if you want to be rude don't bother making a comment when you don't actually know the person.

I'm leaving it at that but thanks for the tips girls and glad it's not just me!

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics