Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kjay
Beginner August 2013

In The Playground

Kjay, 15 March, 2013 at 13:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 34

Following on from Loveskas thread...

What did you play as a young 'en?

I remember tig (or tag), stick in the mud, bull dog, kiss, cuddle or torture and budge it being rather popular break time games at Primary School.

34 replies

Latest activity by RedKitchie, 17 March, 2013 at 18:43
  • ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Cops and Robbers, Kiss chase, and phases of the time, like pogs. We'd huddle on the playground, trading Pogs.

We'd also play postmans knock, and What's the time mr wolf too

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Kiss chase and bull dog!

Also remember we used to play Galdiators. this consisted of the girls fighting over who got to be Jet, me waiting as i always wanted to be Scorpio as it is my star sign, then we basically did cartwheels and silly poses!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

British Bulldog, until it got banned.

Various tig games. Some game where you had to do what the leader said (do a handstand, spin around twenty times, etc) and if you couldn't do it, you were out. Lot's of "throwing a ball against a wall and performing a complicated set of claps before it returned" games. Skipping, hopscotch, making up dances.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

We made up some game which I can't remember properly. Was something to do with making a circle with someone in the middle and then everyone saying a food and then the person in the middle spinning round and guessing where the food item was said ?!?!?!?!?! Very odd but I recall that we named it Katie Burger for some reason.

Aside from that it was tick a nick (think you call it tag) and I never played hop scotch for some reason.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Kiss chase and bulldog at our school too.

We also liked to recreate the final dance seen of dirty dancing including the lift, many an accident had. Also on occasion Grease.

We used to have pretend marriages too and even the boys took part in this. Odd.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you go to my school?! Thats what we did ?

I also used to gallop around the playground with gay friend, both of us pretending we had horses. Or we would be the spice girls. Me and him.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

40 40 and 40 40 it (similar to hide and seek)

Man hunt (again similar to hide and seek)

Fuzz- A game where you had to launch a tennis ball as far as you could and the team on the other side had to try and catch it.

We also used to build houses out of cut grass.

Bull dog

Foot it (similar to it/tag but you could only 'tag' someone by kicking their foot with yours, usually resulting in that person falling over as they run away from you)

off ground it- Same as it/tag but you couldnt be tagged if your feet were off the ground.

• ImagineIt
    Beginner December 2012
    ImagineIt ·
    • Hide content

We had an ongoing 'soap opera' called Happy Families. No idea what happened but we all had a part in it & it was like Eastenders. (Although I dont think that had even started on tv!) Also another ongoing soap type thing called Jaws & Mermaids!!

Also Polo, British Bulldog, Kiss Chase, a game called Castles, hop scotch & various skipping rope as reins round horses type things. Ahhh. Memories!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ahh yes we played this too!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Can't believe no one has mentioned duck duck goose or blind man's buff yet!

• ImagineIt
    Beginner December 2012
    ImagineIt ·
    • Hide content

Blind mans buff at birthday parties. Plus pass the parcel & sleeping lions.?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Hunt the pteradactyl. I'm old.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto.

Also a game called the Orange girls:

"We are the orange girls and here we are today, woo! We are the orange girls the last one down today." Then the last person to sit on the floor had to go to the side and the rest had to come up with the name of a boy in the class. The girl then went into the middle of the circle and it went a bit like:

"Mark says he loves ya, he loves ya, he loves ya. Mark says he loves ya, all on a summer's day."

"He says he wants to KISS ya, KISS, ya, KISS ya. He says he wants to KISS ya, all on a summer's day! (The 'kiss' is shouted and accompanied by a foot stamp).

There were then various orders such as "Clap ya hands if you love him, you love him, you love him" While you tried to force them to do the action that meant they loved him, wanted to kiss him, marry him etc.

That brought back some memories.

We also used to sing, and do the actions to, a very rude song called The Geordie Girls.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Anyone else do finger knitting, and make friendship bracelets?

The lads would also try and break all of the girls sh@g%20bands, remember those? I still wear 1 black one, I was given 9 years ago. ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have actually just snorted.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this rings a bell to me, we would stand in a line and there was different food like bacon & fried egg and who ever was it was given a food, then counted along the line however many letters are in the food then the person who it lands on then gives a task, like a cartwheel!

oh also those giant elastic things that you put around your ankles and a firends and a third friend jumops between!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we had our own version: "We are the Essex girls, we wear our hair in curls, we wear our dungarees down to our sexy knees..." Same song?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We recreated Scott and Charlene's wedding - I was Mrs Mangel and I had to stare lovingly at a boy called Joseph, who was Harold Bishop. We did various versions of it where we played different characters, but that was the most memorable for me.

We also played a game called 'Teenage Trials' that was losely based on Beverley Hills 90210.

We also made up dances to Madonna songs and used to dance to Kylie's Locamotion.

We also did some of those hand clap games, that were blooming annoying!

One time we went on strike because they turned the water fountains off as the boys were spitting water at each other. It was lunchtime and really hot so to prove our point that we needed water, we laid down in the middle of the playground in the sun, wasted our playing time and jumped up and ran into our class lines when the bell rang to signal the end of the lunch break. Such rebels!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the one! Filth.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Us Brighton girls did that too...

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Some right classics! Cannot believe i forgot what's the time Mr wolf!

We also made a lot of grass nests and daisy chains.

Then we also played spice girls and that caused alot of upset, i was always sporty tho cause i had a high ponytail !

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Anyone swap fancy paper?! Or was that an Irish thing?!

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!

My invisible horse was called Jet and my best friends was Lightening!

We also used to play on the 'slabs' until it was apparently too dangerous. Looking back now it was pretty dangerous as it was basically a load of old concrete from when the swimming pool was re-done and hadn't been taken away!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Hop scotch, Tic (Tag), Charlie's Angels or Starsky & Hutch ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i think we need the words so we all know it!

we had a clap routine song, all I can remember of it is: "we won't to a Chinese restaurant, to buy a loaf of bread, bread bread. Shre wrapped it up in a five pound note, and this is what she said, said, said. My name is (can't remember any more, but it ended with something about sitting i the backseat...)

We also played a game about a postman who delivered a letter, nd the person that got the letter had to run after the 'postman'. 40-40. Bulldog. Cartwheels. Families.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are the Geordie Girls

We wear our hair in curls

We wear our dungarees

Down to our sexy knees

There was a boy next door

He got me on the floor

We did it 20 times and then he asked for more

My mother nearly died

She saw my belly rise

My father jumped for joy

It was a baby boy

I remember singing it at about age 10!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, that's awesome! You dirty 10 year olds, you Smiley tongue

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah see our version was slightly different! But just as bad!

We are the Essex girls

We wear our hair in curls

We wear our dungarees

Down to our sexy knees

I saw the boy next door

He got me on the floor

He counted 1 2 3

And stuck it into me

My mother was surprised

To see my belly rise

My father jumped for joy

It was a baby boy

I seem to remember there was a bit after this as well? I think it went back to the first "verse"?

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

You lot are filthy!!!

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had the same song but I cant remember all the words either. We also had the songs Miss Muff from California and Eye Shoe Anna.

Other games were hopscotch, tag, british bulldog (I never really played that though) pretend horse riding and if it was summer we used to bunnyhop on the grass, do handstands and cartwheels and make daisy chains.

Outside of school we used to make houses in the long grass but I got into trouble because it made my hayfever worse and I remember going home once struggling to breathe but it was so much fun!

As I got older I used to go rollerblading and fly down the hill until I nearly killed myself one day so I stuck to the flat bits.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

my name is elvis Presley, girls are sexy, sitting in the backseat drinking Pepsi!

Ah, memories!

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

I think our clap routine continued with:

my name is hi-low gigalo, gigalo hi-low

I'm not sure what came after that.

We also played what's the time mr wolf?, tag and oranges and lemons

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics