Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2021 Central & Glasgow

Informal garden wedding - ideas!!!!

Ali, 17 of June of 2021 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all, after 28 yrs together, my partner and I are getting married in a humanist ceremony in our garden in August. All rushed and last minute, mainly because we've been talking about doing it forever and thought it was also a nice way of getting everyone together as we're slowly moving out of lockdown!

we're not really traditional wedding type people so need ideas on how to make this as relaxed and laid back as possible please????? ie we don't really want to buy wedding rings (too expensive!) don't want everyone feeling they have to wear something wedding'y also don't want any gifts! Also trying to think of cheap but tasteful decoration!!! Any thoughts would be great! thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 17 of June of 2021 at 17:57
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Ah congratulations.
    For decorations you could have bunting, balloons etc. Not sure how the garden is laid out but from trees, Fences etc. You could also have solar lights so as it gets darker the party can continue.
    Depending how big your garden is you could have lots of garden chairs and decorate then with sashes or even leave them bare. Then guests can move them around.
    Maybe some garden games like giant jenga, hoop toss etc. A fire pit could work in the evening too. To make it informal, plan it like a party rather than a wedding.
    Maybe a bbq or a buffet type food. A drinks table.
    On the invites maybe call it a garden party rather than a wedding reception as this will show it’s more informal. You can state that you don’t want gifts too.
    Regarding the rings you don’t need to exchange rings. We were at one point wasnt having rings, well I was but my partner was going to have a watch as he couldn’t find a ring 😂
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Sounds good what about tattoos on your wedding finger x instead of rings x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics