Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner September 2013

Invitations

oggers86, 3 June, 2012 at 12:19 Posted on Planning 1 15

I am in the process of thinking about invitations, we have provisionally booked 6th September 2013 and its likely we will confirm that with the registrar once the bank holidays are over. As I am thinking about making my own I want to get them ordered early next year.

I have 2 choices:

1. Self Assembly which are costing £2.39 per invite (including envelopes) RSVP's are £0.99 making the entire invite £3.38

2. Make my own pocket invites which will either cost £1.21 or £1.41 depending if I choose to go with a backing card. This also includes the envelope.

I want to include information for RSVP, Accommodation lists, Menu choices and Gift List which is why I am looking at the pocket invites..I basically need to spend £2.00 or less on the inserts per invites in order to match the price of the self assembly. For the inserts I would just buy card from a craft shop and cut them to size (think slighlty smaller than a business card)

Am I likely to be able to find the card to make 3 or 4 small inserts costing £2.00 in total per invite? I will be having around 50 invites but only 30ish will need to include menu choices and accommodation. An RSVP and a gift list insert will do just fine..

15 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 13 June, 2012 at 14:48
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Where are you getting those prices from? That seems a lot to me - you would probably be able to get them made professionally for that.

I had wallet invites that costed about £1 per invite all together.

• honeysparkle
    Beginner June 2012
    honeysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Try PDA card and craft they are very cheep and the more you order the better discounts you get here's the link www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk a lot of people here will recomend them and there really is so much choice including pocketfolds already cut. Good luck hope you find what you're after ?

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The self assembly ones are from Confetti and the ones that I make myself are from pocket fold invites..

ETA: This is what I was looking at from Pocketfold:

http://www.pocketfoldinvites.co.uk/burgundy-matt-pocketfold-5-x-5-135-p.asp

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

You would be able to get them made for not much more than that. Are you making them so you can say you did them yourself or to save money? x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

You can get them cheaper than that from PDA: https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/colorplan-pocketfolds.html

The inserts are less than 10p each: https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/colorplan-270gsm-pocket-inserts.html

But you could also buy a pack of good quality card in a contrasting colour like ivory and print them 2 to a page and trim them down - that would make it even cheaper.

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Have you tried ebay?

I bought 70 pocketfolds, already glued for about £95. This worked out about £1.35 per pocket fold but obviously paid extra for the convenience of it being glued together - I then ordered the inserts/invitations via vistaprint and just trimmed them acccordingly. This then saved money as I got offers through vistaprint!

I reckon, including the stickers i got made for the front it works out about £1.80 an invitation, perhaps not the cheapest but definitely have exactly what i wanted!

Alipops

PS: i'll attempt to post picture shortly of my first sample!

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

This our first example we've made up - just awaiting on envelopes for the RSVP cards.

The sticker has our names across the front by the way!

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Ok I could buy the wallets from PDA..

I get the 145mm pocketfold which is the exact same layout as the ones from pocketfold. Buying 25+ would work out at 52p each

Then I get the 140mm inserts at 12p each..as do the envelopes..

This works out at 76p per invite

If I wanted a backing card I could probably buy some card and also buy some ivory card to make my own inserts..

I would just need to buy some ribbon..to tie the invitation together..

It does work out at almost half the price for the exact same thing, leaving me more money to spend on ribbons and card...

Im going to buy one to see what they look like and compare the two from both websites...

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I made pocketfolds with materials from PDA Card and Craft... I made my inserts on A4 card and cut them down, my printer wouldn't accept the inserts precut as they were too small.

Ribbon was from eBay - Lardystick

Total cost per invitation was about £1.30 each (if my memory serves me correctly) including inserts and envelopes for the invite and the RSVP.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those look fab...I'm tempted to go down this route (order the pocketfolds then get the inserts printed on Vistaprint) as I'm not very crafty and also have a rubbish printer! Where did you get the stickers from?

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Stickers were from a seller on Ebay, I think it was about £2 for 40, lots of different designs. I stuck them on card and cut them out individually though, then glued them onto the pocketfold. Then, i'm hoping to use velcro to open and shut the card, rather than having to tear through the sticker!
  • O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I recieved my practice invite yesterday and have decided I am definately using PDA for the pockets.

They are 145mm and I am going to buy A4 ivory card from Hobbycraft, print and cut down to 135mm, leaving me with 1/2cm border. I will do the same for my inserts, making the first one the tallest, then gradually decreasing them so that the headings can be seen.

I am buying the 190mm envelope so that I have room to put in the 150mm for my RSVP and menu choice card.

I will make the same for the evening, just word it differently. Am unsure if I should include the accommodation list as our evening guests arent exactly hundreds of miles away but far enough to make a taxi extorinate. I might just include some travelodges..

I have decided against having ribbon as I had 2 choices..either stick it to the front name tag and not tie it at the back, thus causing problems with opening, or have a bow at the back and have problems fitting it in an envelope..also once its opened, the ribbon would flap around everywhere. Saves me money which can go on velco dots to hold the thing together.

The only things I need to find before I start to make them are:

Front "wedding invitation sticker"

I found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Sheet-ofPeel-Off-stickers-SILVER-Wedding-invitation-/120871384195?pt=UK_Crafts_StickersScraps_Decoupage_SM&hash=item1c247ef483

I thought I would mount them in ivory card but am a bit unsure if they will be too massive, my invitations will be 14.5cm wide...

The other thing I need to decide on is invitation design..where can I find a simple elegant border from?

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    AlexaT ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kharv,

Did you make these white and gold invitations? I LOVE them and would like to try and make them for my wedding. It would be great if you could let me know what you did.

Thanks

Alex

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Alexa

The wallets were from here: http://www.thehandcraftedcardcompany.co.uk/cardcrafts/5411-silkweave-ivory-enfolios.asp (Enfolio Wallet 146mm Sq)

The inserts I designed myself and had printed on ivory card to match the enfolios (you can fit a couple to a sheet of A4)

The stamps I designed in Publisher then had made into rubber stamps here: https://www.englishstamp.com/custom_stamp_designer_return.aspx (I didn't use the online upload thingy, I just emailed them my image and told them what size I wanted).

Then each stamp was embossed using a heat gun.

Feel free to message me if you want any more info :-)

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    AlexaT ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kharv,

Thank you for the information I have ordered the wallets, what font did you use in Publisher I cant seem to find it? Did you use a gold stamp with gold powder then heat emboss.

Sorry for all the questions!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alexa - no worries!

The font is called Merced and I downloaded it free from here: http://simplythebest.net/fonts/400.shtml

I used a gold ink pad, gold embossing powder and a heat gun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics