Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SassyT
Beginner August 2013

Ironing!

SassyT, 13 January, 2012 at 16:07

Posted on Off Topic Posts 42

Are there certain items you do, or don't iron? h2b refuses to iron the duvet covers but I have to, they must be ironed! I don't iron PJ's, well I do now thanks to H2Bs insistence but never used to Best friend irons towels MIL2B irons socks and undies

Are there certain items you do, or don't iron?

h2b refuses to iron the duvet covers but I have to, they must be ironed!

I don't iron PJ's, well I do now thanks to H2Bs insistence but never used to

Best friend irons towels

MIL2B irons socks and undies

42 replies

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Aww no Missus S - too much too soon... ?. I needed a very smartly ironed shirt tomorrow as i'm off to see a new client.. Can't have me looking a scruff! ?.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you on the linen LM it totally has to be ironed otherwise it looks like a scrumpled hanky. The creases from sitting down tend to be just around the top of the legs and back of knees and are clearly from sitting down where the ones from washing are all over and take the whole shape away!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

H got the iron and board out to do a shirt when we were going out the other night and our 3 year old ran in and she said 'ooooh, whats that!!'

I dont iron anything day to day, only if H needs a smart shirt for a night out/party or an occasion dress for me. i use to but there are 4 of us and it takes ages, im so awful at it too so it still looks creased after, H has a uniform for work which is all crease proof and i always buy the non crease school uniforms for the kids and i purposly dont wear shirts, linen or things that crease as i cant iron!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I don't iron regularly. Mr J irons his own shirts for work. I work in a relatively 'casual' office so wear dresses and I will refuse to buy things that need ironing.

We have no tumble dryer so hang things up to dry and mostly the creases just fall out.

I used to iron my bedsheets then decided I couldn't be bothered. The creases fall out of the sheets after we sleep in them for a night anyway. Occasionally I will iron pillowcases if they are very creased. I do agree that ironed sheets feel nicer but I'd rather have the time.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Agree with ironing linen too, I think they look far worse if they aren't ironed. I would much rather spend half n hour ironing and getting it all done rather than faffing around doing the odd bit as and when.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics