Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlie-Lou
Beginner June 2012

Is an RSVP of 3 weeks to short?

Charlie-Lou, 2 April, 2012 at 19:25 Posted on Planning 0 3

We have had some trouble with our invites, you could say it was meant to be though as we had to change our venue, however we are being messed about by invite lady she keeps saying "next week" and the weeks go by and nothing.

Anyway we should have them by next week but with only 12 weeks to go there will only be a 3 week rsvp deadline. Is this too short?

We sent out save the dates last year.

3 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 2 April, 2012 at 20:40
  • *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

It shouldn't be! If you have already sent out STD then most guests should know if they are going or not and it only takes a day or two to get organised to send a response.

Could you give options for responding including email or a facebook page making RSVPs as expedient as possible?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say so, in fact sometimes having an RSVP date too far in advance is worse as people might think they have ages then just forget or not get round to it. If they know they haven't got long then then they might be a bit more organised.

Just because I'm nosey and trying to organise the rest of my stationary, can you say who you ordered yours with?

• V
    Beginner June 2012
    Vicloveschocolate ·
    • Hide content

Hiya;

I wish we had only given 3 weeks! People just leave you hanging otherwise. We gave 2 months and I have been chasing people this week who knew they were coming/not coming as soon as they received the invite.

I think if you give too long people put it to one side and forget about it.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We sent ours out with just over 3 weeks' deadline. Only had to chase up one person out of 82 invitees. About half of the people sent back the cards, the rest e-mailed (we set up a special wedding e-mail for the purpose but you could use your own).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics