Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Is anyone else going braless?!

9 May, 2012 at 09:42 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hi Everyone,

I have my dress fitting soon and she told me to bring the bra, if i was wearing one, to the fitting.

My dress and quite a low back, when i had my normal bra on when i tried it on, the bra strap was quite a way above the back of the dress. It is quite structured at the front, it has boning in. So my idea was to not wear a bra, i don't have the biggest boobs in the world, 34b, so do you think it's ok to go braless?! is anyone else?

Thanks Smiley smile

21 replies

Latest activity by *will*b*mrs*c*, 10 May, 2012 at 18:11
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 34FF and I went braless as my dress was very structured.

I would just go to your first fitting and see how you feel. You can always look for a suitable bra for your second fitting if you're not comfortable without.

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 36B and NEED to wear a bra or I will look like an ironing board. You can get basques with very low backs in - saw a couple on the Debenhams site yesterday. I'll find you the link and post it up shortly ?

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am a 38E and I am going braless as my dress has structure in the front (or boobie pockets as my 4 year old calls them!)

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

It never occurred to me to wear a bra to be honest. I did when I tried the dress in but that's because I'm breastfeeding and need to keep breast pads in place and had to be sure I didn't get milk on the dresses(!) but I don't on the day (and unlikely to be leaking milk by then too!!). I don't think a bra would work with my dress anyway as it's very low at the back,

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

While my dress has very light boning in it, I will be wearing a bra. I wouldn't feel comfortable otherwise, and the dress would probably collapse under the weight. I have a great strapless longline bra, and to ensure that it doesn't show, my dressmaker will be sewing it into the bodice of the dress around the cups, but the 8 hooks at the back will be loose, so it will become like a dress with a build-in bra. So, when getting into the dress, first the hooks will need to be done up, and THEN the dress will be laced up over top of it. I need the support from the extra-long band (almost like a basque), though, as I'm a 34H/HH, and it just wouldn't work otherwise.

I would think that as a b-cup you'd be able to get away with going without a bra, especially if there's any structure to the dress.

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps you could wear one of those stick on bras that has no straps or back? xx

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I'm going braless but my dress has a corset style top which helps a lot.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 34A and will be going braless, but having bra cups sewn into the dress to give me a bit of shape!

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

I am going bra-less too, and I'm a 36FF!

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

I'm 34E and will be wearing a bra - just to give me a bit of uplift and a better shape. Can I please comment though for those ladies who are not wearing a bra to make sure that your dress is fitted perfectly. My friend who has an ample bust got married last year, the seamstress told her that because of the boning in the dress she wouldn't need a bra, she had several fittings and I don't know what went wrong but on the day she had a constant crease in the dress under her bust, which is visible on all the photos, so just double check that the fitting is right and that the dress supports you in all the right places.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Having cups sewn in to dress also for that bit of boost, but I wanted to have something nice underneath for when the dress comes off so because my dress is low at back, seamstress is sewing in hooks for straps to go through so that it always stays up with dress

• kyanya
    Beginner June 2013
    kyanya ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is really interesting venart, thanks for posting it. I've never heard of a longline bra, but I've just googled them and they look great. As a 32GG I haven't had a strapless bra for ages as they never provide enough support, but I'm going to try and find a longline one now and see if that works better. I hope it does cos I can imagine it'd work well with a wedding dress, although slightly gutted that I just threw away the last of my strapless tops at the weekend, thinking I'd never be able to wear them again! Can I ask what make your longline bra is?

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I will most likely go braless, I'm a 34C/D depending on the brand so I don't really need one under a supportive dress. That said though, if my dress ends up flattening them I will wear the strapless one I've bought and mould them into some form of cleavage lol.

• EllsBells243
    Beginner March 2013
    EllsBells243 ·
    • Hide content

I reckon you should be ok without one. Mine goes quite low at the back too, the lady in the shop said they will fix some cups into the boob section so I can go bra free! I wonder if they could do that for you if you're worried? Xx

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm going braless as the dress is really structured too and I'm not exactly teeny up top! Slightly concerned about the ceilidh dancing...

Told my Fiance to remember that when I'm walking up the aisle towards him - he's definitely a boob man!

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

My dress also has a really low back, so I bought an ultimo u shaped body suit which has a very low back. It cost me £40 but didn't ft me properly when i went for alterations on the dress. The alterations lady recommended these stick bra cups from primark for a fiver, that a lot of her brides. I went and purchased them and they are perfect!! I did try going braless, but i have smallish boobs too (32C) same as 34B really, and those cups definately c=gave me a better shape with my dress. Maybe that might be worth trying.

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Im a 36f and im going braless but my dress has alot of structure. ?

• Banana88
    Beginner May 2012
    Banana88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going bra-less. My dress has bra cups sewn into the lining, and is corset back. No real need for a bra with my dress.

Beginner August 2012
    *will*b*mrs*c* ·
    • Hide content

I was contemplating going braless as my dress is quite structured but the lady at the dress shop said that if it gets pushed in it'll stay pushed in with a concave effect so decided to wear one xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics