I've been estranged from my mum for many years (her own doing) and so when I got engaged and started planning my wedding, it wasn't even a question that she wasn't invited.
Recently I've become estranged from my dad as well, as I've had enough of him bullying me and also he has majorly disrespected my grandad's memory by breaking in to his house (it's a really messed up situation with my family atm)
Basically, I feel really conflicted about whether or not to still let my dad come to the wedding, as I'm not sure if I want to cut both parents out of my life permanently, and I'm not sure if I'll regret not having him there... But on the flip side, I don't know how to even begin considering forgiving him for what he's done.
People from cushy families don't understand my plight, and come up with the usual short sighted comments such as 'but they're your family!'.
To me, it's my special day that I'm spending a lot of time and money on and I don't want any drama.
I know no one can tell me what to do and it's ultimately my decision, but I'm hoping some advice will help
Thank you x
Post content has been hidden
To unblock this content, please click here
Related articles
Ceremony and Reception
Malta: Your Premier Destination For Your Wedding
Learn all about Malta, its rich history, its culture, and most importantly, its...
Planning Essentials
Wedding Pros Bringing Diwali & South Asian Weddings to Life
If you're planning a Diwali wedding, choosing suppliers who understand the...
Ceremony and Reception
Celebrate your wedding at an Apartment Group Venue for FREE...
Enter for your chance to win an unforgettable wedding with Apartment Group, with...