Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Is the groom supposed to look backwards?????

27 February, 2012 at 11:11

Posted on Planning 198

As the bride walks down the aisle I mean. I've done my tellyvisual research and Prince William kept looking straight ahead but some of the grooms on Don't Tell The Bride look back. Is it bad luck or something? OMs did your groom look back at you?! I think I want my OH to look at me, I'll be bricking...

As the bride walks down the aisle I mean. I've done my tellyvisual research and Prince William kept looking straight ahead but some of the grooms on Don't Tell The Bride look back. Is it bad luck or something? OMs did your groom look back at you?!

I think I want my OH to look at me, I'll be bricking it!

198 replies

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Clever girl!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Respek.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

? And so you are ?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Vodka and lemonade for me please.

I may have already had one this afternoon ?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

No alcohol for me, I've still got a stone to lose!!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous, afternoon drinking is really underated?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You've got ages, one little Cheeky Vimto won't hurt ?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Blo ody hell, I leave my laptop for half an hour to make tea and all hell breaks loose! Been a while since we had an 8 pager!!

Nothing constructive to add to the OP as I *think* that's about been covered Smiley tongue OB, your bluntness made me laugh and anyone who knows you would know you didn't mean to cause offence. All good fun in the hitched world as usual.

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

In answer to the original post. I've never seen a groom look backwards.

Slightly worse for wear, nervous or excited but never backwards. HONK! HONK!

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Kochanski, dont take to heart what OB says, its obv they like tryin to make people argue. Youre worth more than that. According to my other half, now god only knows if this is true, But is it bad luck for the groom to see the bride until she is presented to him at the alter. And to try and get over the last of the nerves and potential tears. Am sure whatever happens that you will have a fantastic day.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here's an idea...

Try reading the whole thread before sticking your oar in.

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Like I am going to read 8 r 9 pages to get the whole convo... I read the question, 1 or 2 pages then thats it. answer and move on.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

You have a lot to learn. You can not gage a conversation by just listening in to the beginning. Everything had simmered down before you had to stick your rude nose in again.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

On a different note, if there is a image of two people next to your name does that mean the persons online?!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Can't believe I have just realised that.

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Pot Callin Kettle. So I cant put a comment and "judge" (not that I was, was giving my opinion of you from the way you had already commented on my threads) but you can post comments on my threads "judging" me? Because what am I again? oh yea a troll.

You dont know me but you soon jumped to conclusions didnt you? I put the comment with regards to you making people argue because you stuck your misinformed oar into one of my threads like some others and made comments. With the main body of the comment with regards to looking back.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

This. Your posts are painful to read.

However, at least I took the time to read them before commenting. As OB says, you can't expect your opinions to be taken seriously if you admit they are only based on half the story.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry, who are you?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I see this place hasn't changed!

I can't remember considering this before we got married, let alone contemplated discussing it, but on our wedding day, Mr Cricks did look round briefly which was really lovely. It makes you feel like you're the only two people in the world. He looked back to the front and then, by the time I got to him, we both had beaming smiles and sparking tears in our eyes. I was bubbling with happiness which kept me from crying.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah some fresh from HM fluff ? ? Hope you had a lovely time Cricks!

Mrs Roth - If you want to post here I think you're going to need to learn to a) read a whole thread before passing judgement and b) spell.

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

I cannot believe what I have been reading throughout this thread! I only joined this forum quite recently thinking that it would be nice to chat to fellow brides 2 be, swap ideas, etc. I had noticed the odd snide remark on one or two threads but thought everyone is entitled to their opinion, but now on this thread (and I have read the entire thing from beginning to end) I am left totally aghast at the bitchiness and "know-it-all" attitude of one or two of the members. Some of the comments have become really personal and insulting and I think this is totally out of order. No doubt I will get slated on here now for having my say but I really don't care.

This is one very disheartened hitcher signing off. I have no desire to be part of a forum where one or two individuals think they are above everyone else and that it is okay to be downright rude to people they do not know in any depth whatsoever.

Just one thing before I go - OB alhtough I do not know you I sympathise completely with your recent loss, however that does not give you the right to be so bitter and nasty to other people asking for advice. if you are not in the mood to be civil to people then don't comment. Simple!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, so that would be HayleyMay and Mrs-Roth-To-Be, yes?

Cheerio ?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

hear hear (or is it here here Smiley atonished) Smiley smile

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

"but I am married now" - oh dear! For all of 5 minutes. And that makes you an expert on everything does it? FYI I was married to my first husband for 28 years and I still wouldn't claim to know it all. Still doesn't excuse the bitchiness and the snide remarks about people's grammar and spelling.

There is a group of you on here that seem to stick together no matter what and don't really care whether you hurt other people's feelings or not. Maybe that's why you come on here - I don't know, but it's not what I wanted from a forum. Opinions and constructive comments and advice - yes! Downright slagging off -----no thank you.

BTW beore anyone comments - I know I said I am going and now I am. Hope you all have happy wedding days.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"We" havent done that though.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

This whole thread is so b I t c h y! OB has made some very valid points IMO

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't see any snide remarks. They all seemed pretty straight and to the point.

As I said earlier... cheerio ?

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Personally I have been on this forum for a few months now and I would rather have an honest comment from Oldbear than a load of garbage about how nice it is with no validity.

And what I have seen from Oldbear she's not b itchy she is honest and i'd taken honesty any day of the week to someone who seem to have no depth to what they ar e saying.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Jesus Christ are you lot still bickering???????????????

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jesus Christ are you still looking at this thread and bumping it up to the top????????????????????????????????

*I am, because I am bored.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics