Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jayne E
VIP

JayneE's background, planning and wedding report thread. lonnnng.

Jayne E, 31 of December of 2015 at 13:56 Posted on Planning 0 41

The start of our wedding. From background and planning to (soon) Lapland the wedding. To keep me distracted from the dreaded nerves. It will be long. You will need drinks. It's not compulsory to read and there will be no quiz later to find slackers.

I thank you all for your help and advise and I hope you enjoy my story. So kettle now please. xx

BACKGROUND.

Once upon a time about ten years ago, in the north of the realm lived a very disillusioned lady. She had looked and looked for her Prince Charming but alas she was still kissing frogs.

Sometimes she thought her Prince had arrived but no, still more frogs as time would show. Once she was so certain her Prince had arrived she even married him, only to find it was a Troll in disguise. Beware the trolls ladies! She came to believe that fairytale didn't exist in real life.

Meanwhile in the south of the realm lived a very unhappy man. He was also looking for true love. Waiting and waiting, and not really expecting to find it anymore.

Their fairy godmother arranged a chance meeting of these two people knowing that they should be together, however they weren't impressed and became only friends. She wasn't having that! She upped her game, concentrated hard, and after another massive dose of fairy dust and telephone bills to rival. B.T. takeover bid much to their surprise their friendship very quickly turned to love. Within six months the Prince packed up all her worldly belongings and moved her to the south of the realm to live in his castle........ Sorry no it wasn't a castle but it didn't matter. They were very happy.

There were many doubters within the realm and some thought she was silly and that this was a tragic mistake that she would regret.

There were of course problems to overcome, and confusion as to whether tea was dinner or dinner was lunch. Whether it's path or parth and even more serious discussions. But nothing they couldn't get through together without killing each other. And still they were very happy.

THE NON PROPOSAL.

They always knew they would marry. There was no romantic proposal, no getting down on one knee. The Prince just want that sort of person, but she didn't care and loved him with all of her heart. He did however give her a nice big diamond thinking they were a girls best friend. Little did he know that HEwas her best friend.

O

41 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 24 of June of 2016 at 15:58
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

They started to look at wedding venues, some were too big and some were too small. Some were too hot and some were too cold. None were just right.

so in the end they bought a house in Spain instead and decided to leave the wedding for another time. After all, they had all the time in the world.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

THE WICKED WITCH.

As with all fairy tales there is a wicked witch. That person you inadvertently upset or forget to invite to the party. The one who wishes you I'll feeling and used black magic against you. She cursed the happy couple with a plague of cancers!

First her father was diagnosed with bladder cancer. Two months later her son was diagnosed with testicular cancer. A year of worry and fear, of trying to stay strong and believe that all would end well ensued. And just when they thought they were over the worst and they might be safe, exactly a year after her son she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

it could have been the last straw but they kept their belief strong. Two surgeries, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and of course a kiss from her one true love which is always powerful magic and a year later the cancer is at bay. Much celebrating was heard across the realm.

During the time of her illness the prince once again asked his lady to marry him (still not on one knee I might add). The lady shouted at him and said are you completely crazy! Why would I want to get married with a red swollen steroid face and no hair or eyebrows. Who wants to look like chemo woman on her wedding day. No!

Again... Alas no wedding.

The prince seeing his lady safe for now but looking so I'll decided he would take her on any journey her heart desired. She didn't have to think about it. More than anything in the world she wanted to see the Northern Lights, to ride through the snow on husky sledges and snowmobiles, to sleep in a glass igloo and to hand feed reindeer in Lapland.

Lapland it is then shouted the prince, and he booked for a years time to give her chance to recover and grow strong again. Not to mention growing some hair for warmth in the cold darkness of the Arctic Circle.

Two friends of theirs wanted to make the trip with them and it was arranged that they would embark on their journey on 3rd January 2016.

ANOTHER PROPOSAL

A short time later she regretted shouting at the prince. He had been strong and kind and stood by her perfectly, so on 1st March (it wasn't a leap year) she proposed and asked him to marry her in a chapel built of ice in Lapland. A secret wedding. Just them and their two friends. No family or guests just a private, moving and probably very emotional service for them alone.

The prince got emotional and agreed, and so the secret was kept, and the planning began.....

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

THE PLANNING.

They wanted a secret wedding to make everything stress free while she recovered. Some people they knew were very negative and were not adverse to voicing their negative opinions. She knew at 58 many people would think it was silly to bother to marry at all. She still wasn't well so no guests would mean no stress at all.

The where and the when was easy. She showed the prince pictures of Luvattumaa Ice Castle. Where else would you marry a prince but in a castle? Neither of them could imagine anywhere more magical or more beautiful for their secret wedding.

A carrier pigeon was duly dispatched to contact the Ice Castle and they did indeed have a vacancy for their wedding during the week they were there. They kindly organised transport and a magistrate to marry them and even a photographer.

of course friends who were coming to Lapland still didn't know there was to be a wedding. They needed an official proclamation. After searching and searching she finally made her own story to invite them and a friend incorporated it into a card which she then decorated with a crystal snowflake. Their friends were overjoyed. Hip hip hooray! A wedding at last!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

The budget was small but again their fairy godmother waved her magic wand. The wedding taxi was transformed into a beautiful reindeer sleigh.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

A beautiful dress was purchased in a sample sale followed later by a snug fur jacket to protect her from the cold and some fur trimmed gloves.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Silk Blooms in Glasgow made a bridal bouquet and sprinkled yet more fairy dust on it which glistened like snow and frost. They even added jingle bells to the ribbons.

Her only regret was that she never received the birds and animals who did all the housework for Cinderella but that was such a small price to pay for finally going to the ball. The prince mucked in anyway.

Eventually the excitement increased. It became harder and harder to hide their secret, and the knowing smiles they gave each other when they thought no one was looking were becoming more obvious. Months after booking, with only 3 months to go they decided the time was right to tell their families. Some were happy for the couple, some were quite negative and some ignored it altogether. Her true friends picked her up when she was down, as did the good fairies from the land of Hitched. Mythical beings with beautiful names like Romantic Emeralds and sunnypinkconfetti and the like. Tiny fairies you can only hear in your head and yet never see with the naked eye.

The time passed quickly and soon everything was organised and it was time to pack all their warm clothes and set off on their journey to the dark and cold Atctic Circle.

Her eyelashes grew (as did her hair!) and tiny snowflakes appeared on her nails.

A star was named in honour of their wedding to give them something to wish upon, and when the Ice Chapel was finally finished they had carved a prophecy about wishing on stars onto the wall of the chapel!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Their wedding is booked for 4.30pm on 6th January.

It is almost time to begin their magical adventure.

to be continued...........

Xx

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh flipping heck I'm blubbing already and you aren't even married yet!!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Here.... Have a tissue!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Awwww Jayne that's a lovely story. My fiancé battled testicular cancer last year with chemotherapy and surgery and it makes you realise how precious every moment is. I hope you have an amazing day X

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Jayne - this has been a lovely read so far!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the Cancers... that really is a bad hand... BUT you get married in JUST A FEW DAYS!!

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see the pictures when you get back Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    SAL127 ·
    • Hide content

Your story is so beautiful!! I wish you a very happy wedding day and a wonderful life together! Enjoy your wedding day, it's so close now! x

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Oh Jayne E, a gorgeous story... Only a few hours remaining and then it's our year!! Hope the nerves are calming xxx

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Your story brought a lump to my throat! You sound like an amazing lady and I wish you every happiness for the future. Your wedding will be spectacular! Good luck with it all and most importantly enjoy every second! Xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's very soon NoMoore. The nervous stomach turned out to be the Bailey's. Gone. I'm all calm again. I also have no wedding music and leave on Sunday but even that isn't fazing me at the minute. All will be well. I'm back on the 10th. Hopefully you are not incommunicado by then? Xxx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will add to it when I get back x

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No jayne e, I'll be flying up on 13th and on the go from then. So I look forward to seeing your photos! I bet it's going to be simply beautiful!! Xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Good we get to chat and wish you luck at the right time ?

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Oh Jayne I'm so excited to see your report x

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

Jayne that was such an emotional read. You are an amazing lady and deserve all the love and happiness in the world. Can't wait to read the rest ... x

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

You write beautifully Jayne. I hope you have an incredible wedding and can't wait to read the rest. It's inspiring to hear someone be handed so much awful luck and come out the other side so positively. Enjoy!

Lexi Smiley smile x

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Oh, that is such a lovely and moving (fairy)tale of how you two met to your wedding and everything else inbetween. Love the pictures too!

Really cannot wait for the report and truly do hope that you have the most magical day! x

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

What an incredible story Jayne, you've been amazing on these forums and I can't wait to hear all about your magical wedding. I hope you have a truly amazing day, you deserve it ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It certainly does. My sons had spread to his abdomen so he had surgery/chemo/then bigger surgery. Scary times as you well know. I hope your h2b stays well. Just believe. And enjoy your lives together. XXX

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Jayne E, I'll be driving home from Scotland tomorrow so just wanted to take this opportunity to say hope it all goes perfectly, I can't wait to see the photos. It's all going to beautiful, stunning and emotional!

I hope the northern lights show for you. Can't wait to see your photos and hear all about it!!

if you are still nervous, perhaps take a sleeping aid to help? I intend on using nytol in the run up otherwise I am not going to sleep!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thanks NoMoore. I'm fine other than I don't have any music to walk down the aisle to at this point and oh has just given me another load of stuff he needs packing. Deep breath. Shrug shoulders. It's either that or ?ee ? ee ? ee. Lol.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I have music

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Woohoo!!!! Bet that's a relief x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles