Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jayne E
VIP

JayneE's background, planning and wedding report thread. lonnnng.

Jayne E, 31 of December of 2015 at 13:56

Posted on Planning 41

The start of our wedding. From background and planning to (soon) Lapland the wedding. To keep me distracted from the dreaded nerves. It will be long. You will need drinks. It's not compulsory to read and there will be no quiz later to find slackers. I thank you all for your help and advise and I...

The start of our wedding. From background and planning to (soon) Lapland the wedding. To keep me distracted from the dreaded nerves. It will be long. You will need drinks. It's not compulsory to read and there will be no quiz later to find slackers.

I thank you all for your help and advise and I hope you enjoy my story. So kettle now please. xx

BACKGROUND.

Once upon a time about ten years ago, in the north of the realm lived a very disillusioned lady. She had looked and looked for her Prince Charming but alas she was still kissing frogs.

Sometimes she thought her Prince had arrived but no, still more frogs as time would show. Once she was so certain her Prince had arrived she even married him, only to find it was a Troll in disguise. Beware the trolls ladies! She came to believe that fairytale didn't exist in real life.

Meanwhile in the south of the realm lived a very unhappy man. He was also looking for true love. Waiting and waiting, and not really expecting to find it anymore.

Their fairy godmother arranged a chance meeting of these two people knowing that they should be together, however they weren't impressed and became only friends. She wasn't having that! She upped her game, concentrated hard, and after another massive dose of fairy dust and telephone bills to rival. B.T. takeover bid much to their surprise their friendship very quickly turned to love. Within six months the Prince packed up all her worldly belongings and moved her to the south of the realm to live in his castle........ Sorry no it wasn't a castle but it didn't matter. They were very happy.

There were many doubters within the realm and some thought she was silly and that this was a tragic mistake that she would regret.

There were of course problems to overcome, and confusion as to whether tea was dinner or dinner was lunch. Whether it's path or parth and even more serious discussions. But nothing they couldn't get through together without killing each other. And still they were very happy.

THE NON PROPOSAL.

They always knew they would marry. There was no romantic proposal, no getting down on one knee. The Prince just want that sort of person, but she didn't care and loved him with all of her heart. He did however give her a nice big diamond thinking they were a girls best friend. Little did he know that HEwas her best friend.

O

41 replies

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Yep. Right up to the minute he said maybe I best chosen something else I can send him to buy on a CD just in case! Alternative wedding music decision by 9am tomorrow? Yeah right.

• G
    Beginner October 2016
    Galbear ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful story! I wish you every happiness and can't wait to hear about the wedding. Lovely pictures too Smiley smile

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful story, you definitely have a way with words! Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, I'm sure you will have the most amazing time Smiley smile

• rockabird
    Beginner May 2017
    rockabird ·
    • Hide content

Holy crap what a beautiful story! Here's wishing you both a lifetime of health and happiness and all the best for the big day :-) x

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Ah Jayne, you had my eyes leaking very quickly there! Have an absolutely amazing wedding, I too can't wait to read your report and see your pictures!

• S
    Beginner September 2015
    Sevenyearhitched ·
    • Hide content

Wonderfully written story.

I got married at 63. It's never too late ;-)

Have a fantastic day.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Jayne E, you have inspired me to look at trying to save and have a weekend in Lapland for our anniversary next year. It sounds amazing!! xxx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Oh do it if you can. I cried when I had to come home. We definitely want to go back next winter. It's so beautiful. Not long for you now! I added a new picture to the sneak preview. If that doesn't make you want to go nothing will. Xx

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Sat in work reading your story (extra long lunch :p) tears running down my face!! I love your fairy tale xxxx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thank you! Sometimes I can't believe the wedding is all over but I can't wait to go back for our anniversary. The wedding report is n a separate post. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics