Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

50's pin up bride
Beginner July 2012

John Frost Bridal headwear anyone?

50's pin up bride, 13 December, 2011 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 5

Firstly does anyone know if this designer has gone out of business - his website doesn't seem to work?

Also has anyone got one of his pieces? I popped into a local bridal shop today with a view to buying an Amanda Wyatt fascinator / bridcage veil which was very reasonably priced (£35). By happy accident, the shop owner took me upstairs to where the veils usually are, forgetting that she'd already brought them downstairs as she was expecting me. Like a magpie, I spotted a bit of french netting wrapped around sparkles and asked what it was - to find the MOST glorious handmade headband fascinator. It's a sort of champage coloured mini hat with a large ivory rose and swarovski crystal centres, twists of what I think were sort of sinemay ribbon, french netting, feathers, and crystals all around the edge of the hat. It was totally to die for, and clearly WAY out of budget (it was even more spectacular than the other out-of-budget pieces I've seen and loved, which came in at around £150). I asked her how much before I tried it on (and fell in love with it) and she told me it was in the sale. I said it'd probably still be way out of budget, but she said she'd be open to offered because her whole shop is being refitted next week so the more stock that is out of the way, the better (and it figures if John Frost HAS gone out of business, there's little point stocking the odd leftover item!)

Anyway, after much umming an ahing, I decided I wouldn't be able to afford it, explained I'd only gone into the shop to look at the Amada Wyatt because £35 was about my budget (which is true - I've set myself a budget of £120 for my jewellery, hair accessories, garter and riding/throwing bouquet and already blew £65 on the riding bouquet and jewellery!) and so unless she could accept £35 for the heavenly piece, I'd have to go without. Well, the fantabulous lady only went and accepted ?

Apparently it was meant to be £200 *faints* so I really have got myself a huge bargain, and I'm absolutely thrilled - it was like 'the moment' with the dress where you just know! As I forgot my phone so couldn't get a photo and have packaged it away safely at my parents' house with my other wedding stuff, I'm desperately trying to find an image online but no luck yet.

5 replies

Latest activity by Lillibet, 14 December, 2011 at 20:10
  • UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

Wow what great luck, bet you felt fantastic! Congratulations, I am still searching for my *special* side tiara.

Hope you find one online can't wait to see what it looks like, description sounds fabulous!

xx

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

If I can't find a pic online I'll have to go round to Mum's to take one - I want to keep putting it on and looking at it!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a bargain x

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

And a close up on the bling...

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Wow that is beautiful! Can see why you're so chuffed - What a bargain!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics