Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lea
Rockstar July 2023 Kent

July 2023 weddings

Lea, 25 of May of 2023 at 23:42 Posted on Planning 0 40

Not long to go now. Starting a thread for brides (and grooms) getting married this July.

What are you doing in the run up to your wedding day?

What is left to be done?

I'm more or less prepared.

- Today I was bagging up sachets of confetti.

- I need to break into my shoes so that they will feel comfortable on the day.

- Need to pay the balance for the remaining suppliers.

- I would like to lose a a few more pounds or at least maintain my current weight so have to be careful about my diet.

- Still haven't sorted out transportation for guests to get back to the hotels after the wedding. Need to book taxis.

Otherwise, the day before the wedding we need to decorate the venue. I think that's mostly it.

40 replies

Latest activity by Lea, 27 of September of 2023 at 14:02
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Aww excited Lea. Mines the 18th July!
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who already has their confetti, mine was delivered on Wednesday, but my friends thought it was super early to be worrying about confetti. I have:
    - my dress is still being altered, and my FH’s suit is going for alterations in June.- paying like everyone 🙈- Ordering the signage (welcome sign, order of service & table plan)
    I’ve been wearing a pair of heels to work a lot, to get used to heels, and I’ve been wearing my wedding ones at home. My MoH came round to watch the coronation, and we practiced standing in them. Standing still for the ceremony will be harder than walking in them - for me at least!
    Aside from that I feel pretty organised. Trying not to wish away the summer though. It’s so important to me that we remember to still enjoy spending time with friends and the sunshine whilst we can 😁
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    I’m not a July 2023 bride, (I am a July 2024 bride though, 😬) and I just wanted to say I got a lovely little feeling of warmth reading these posts. You must both be so excited. Enjoy your final run up to your big day!!! ❤️
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lisa,

We're getting married on 1 July so exactly 5 weeks away now. Feeling very real.

It's never too early to order stuff for the wedding. I ordered my confetti weeks ago and thought I would bag them up the other day. If there was more I could prepare I would do it now.

I had my dress altered ages ago so have to be careful not to put on weight so that it will still fit.

If I could I would go to the venue today and set up everything. I like to do things in advance.

Enjoy the run up to your special day!

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Shay,

Thanks for your message. I hope you are enjoying your engagement and planning for your wedding next year! What have you done so far?

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Lea. Yes I am thank you so much for asking. We’ve sorted, venue, catering, music, church, dress, bridal and groomsmen party, make up, cars after saying we weren’t getting any but we couldn’t resist and off the top of my head I think that is it. x
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Shay,

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Well organised. Well done. Enjoy the rest of your organising.

As for the my other half, he's still got to get his outfit together but that's nothing to do with me!

• M
    Beginner July 2023 South West London
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I'm a 7th July 2023 bride. I feel like I'm a bit behind on everything and maybe a bit too laid back!
    Venue and photographer booked, wedding notice done, flowers in progress, dress in for alterations with a final fitting in a week or so. Hubby to be hasn't brought his suit, says he has enough time - which gives me anxiety hes too laid back! I need to chase up the venue for menu details as I haven't had anything yet (is this normal?) And I need to look at confetti and wedding favours this week. Know where I'm getting my cake from so that's all ok. Need to get the table decorations but I know what I want and will have to go to the venue the night before so feel like I have enough time to sort those bits out!
    We are having a super small close family wedding but I already feel like I've forgotten something!Hope everyone is enjoying the last month or so of preparations!! 🥂
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Michelle, ]

Sounds like you are doing a great job.

I keep feeling that I should be doing more too and that I've forgotten something.

Enjoy the last few weeks of preparation.

• Katy
    Curious July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    Mines on 29th July & feeling strangely relaxed about it all. Only thing we've really got left to do is get my daughters dress altered, but leaving that as late as possible because she's growing like crazy at the moment, then got to pick up my dress & the guys suits the week before hand. Oh & build my table plan, got all of the bits, just need to put it together.
    Hope everyone else's preparations are going to plan

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good luck Katy,

Hope you're having fun planning and have the best day on 29 July!

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content

Hey Great thread!! We are getting married July 15th this year!

Feeling really excited about it all! Got lots still to do but feel it's all in hand! A free online wedding planner helped loads!

We designed our own invites as my dad paints beautiful watercolour art, and printers with the foiling took a week longer than they were supposed to - they literally changed what we sent them a bit for the worse and I had to send them back screenshots A (ours) - B (theirs) - in the end they sent us the final proofs exactly how we sent it to them LOL - why would they create all that extra work for themselves?!! Anyway we are THRILLED with the invites so we literally got them Tuesday this week, rushed them out and it's lovely getting all our excited replies now!!

Our RSVP is set for 6th June LOL but we have til the 14th June for the venue catering deadline, which is yummy, we had a tasting there ages ago and its yummy. Still overpriced for what it is LOL but hey, that's weddings I guess!!

We have a practice photoshoot with our photographer next week, he would've done it earlier but we asked if we could wait for it to be closer and warmer to our date!

Like someone else here we are still designing the welcome sign, finished designing the orders of service but sending all to printer at the same time. We are so happy to find places we can use our own artwork.

If anyone knows where to get small quantities (1-3!) of things printed with foil on velvet paper, please let me know!! For the table placecards and the table names (we are having names not numbers!) and the seating plans. The printer we used is great and a good price (Instant Print) but they only do a min of 25 for foiling orders, and we have 12 tables which would be silly getting 25 printed that will look beautiful but when we only need 3 or 4 !! 1 so the foil each side shows (as they only print one sided foil) - and one or 2 more for the seating plan! So we need to sort that,

Ordered pink chair cover things which I just happened across on ebay and still deciding which veil I want LOL - we are getting married in a lovely big church, so never thought I'd consider a big veil but trying them in addition to others and will give to charity what I don't wear once I choose!! 2nd dress fitting on 12th June. Maid of honour coming who is way more stylish than me so she can help me choose which looks best with my dress! Fiance still deciding what suit to wear but he's super stylish so not worried about that at all!

Need to book parking outside our house for the wedding party, and buy the wedding favour stuff! Looked into confetti - has to be the rose petal variety which is lovely, just deciding which and will buy that too! Flowers mostly sorted, we were going to have alive plants on the tables for the meal rather than cut flowers, so need to decide whether florist is providing these or us as we want guests to be able to take them home if they want to.

Got another hair trial next week and investigating make up. Hair lady can do my make up but i HATE make up, actually been buying some (I don't own any til recently for last 20 ish years not worn it since I was a teenager LOL) so playing around with it. Very tempted not to wear anything at all but still looking into it. Love a bit of sparkle though!!

Like all of you we need to pay our suppliers balances pretty pronto now, and sort the table plan too. It's been really interesting seeing who is super excited to come and who is getting back to us ASAP and who isn't. But it's unfair to make a judgement as people might be away or busy or something, so we have an extra week to remind anyone who doesn't get back to us by June 6th.

We are providing the booze so still working out how much of that we need and where to buy from. Will prob be majestic just as they can do it all and deliver, loads easier!

Oh and one minor thing, not bought the rings yet but everywhere we have seen, a place online and a place in town, don't take long and we know what we want so will do that next week.

LOL so yeah, lots still to do but really enjoying it!! I too am doing my best to eat healthily and exercise and lose a bit more weight before my dress fitting on the 12th. It's a nice feeling especially now the sun has come out. In hindsight, it's been so fun planning this in a way I wish we had planned a bit further ahead - we only decided to get married this January and things just fell into place with an amazing reception venue and everything has slotted in from there - we definitely feel God has a hand in this helping things along with grace and ease.

Wishing you all the most enjoyable last few weeks of planning and being engaged!! Where are you all getting married? We are in Bath, Somerset xx

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Clare,

I'm getting married in Ashford, Kent. '

I did post a long reply yesterday but it looks like it's been deleted somehow.

Looks like you are super organised and really enjoying the whole experience.

I've now got to the point of writing more lists which refer to other lists! Keep worrying I might forget something :-)

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Lea yes some of mine have too I wonder why? I was asking you where did you get your confetti from and I put a link to Shropshire petals which we are thinking about they look beautiful but looks like its been deleted?! xx haha, lists about lists, that's quite organised!! xxx

• L
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought our petals from Shropshire Petals too, they look lovely!
    I love that you can make your own mix, so ours are perfectly in our colour scheme, and how I wanted them to look 😁

I’m at 6 weeks beforehand tomorrow, but I’ve done pretty much everything now. We’re doing most of our payments this week so I can get them out the way, so I’m trying to find other things to do to keep me occupied in the evenings and weekends haha
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Clare,

I got my confetti from Amazon. Biodegradable (petals) which came with individual sachets/bags which you can fill up. I put up the link to Amazon. Maybe that's why the post got taken down?

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah fair play. thank you for trying. i too put a link up to shropshire petals. so maybe any links get taken down, they should at least vet them somehow for both of us which wouldve both helped each other and others too!! xx yet there are other spammy links up here (not on this thread but just generally, I don't come on too much but see threads with spammy links every time I do ) - re: amazon - I do my utmost to avoid those horrible big tech companies, they put so many local companies out of business at the price of 'convenience' - then when amazon have the monopoly and prices go up, (if we keep supporting them to the detriment of local or even national companies) - we won't have alternatives hence I in my own small way, choose not to use them, and collectively we all have the power to do the same and if enough of us do this it will have real power behind it, we can make positive change xx up to us all though xx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, no idea of your menu options but I'd say push whoever it is on that ASAP! - don't you need to ask your guests for diet options like vegan veggie etc? Maybe if you are having a super small gathering you know everyones choices already, so no biggie if so - wishing you the best with it all xx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats awesome xx yes we are going to order a sample from them right now xx

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

So, we just had one person pull out and have 2 spare places. The hassle of rearranging the seating plan. A couple have just accepted so hopefully that will be final numbers. It's so difficult when you have some odd numbers and you try to seat people. Just re-drafted my seating plan and drafted excel spread sheet with all the menu choices so I can give this to the caterer. Hope it doesn't change again.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I find strange that our posts are taken down when there are so may spam posts which takeover the forum. Very annoying.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Mid-July bride here! This is our to do list...

- Boxing up things that we know we need to take to the venue e.g. confetti, favours, fairy lights, table decorations

- DIY signage (which we left quite late in case of any changes to guestlist that would affect seating plan)

- Wear shoes around the house so they don't rub on the day

- Haircut/hair dyed

- Message all suppliers to confirm final payment dates and arrange final check in call/meeting to ensure all details correct

- Final dress fitting / suit alterations

- Send must play and do not play list to DJ

- Buy gifts for wedding party

- Finalise and print programmes

- Tags for ceremony chairs e.g. 'reserved for family of groom' 'reserved for bridal party'

- Box/bag for rings

- Create master 'on the day' document for venue coordinator incl. who's who in the wedding, how we want chairs set up, where decor goes, etc. (a big 'how to' guide basically to avoid misunderstandings/lots of on the day questions)

- Create short 'on the day' list of responsibilities for each wedding party member (in a nice, non-bridezilla way!) that reminds where they need to be and when, what their responsibilities are and when (e.g. your speech is going to be the second one after FOB and it should be no more than x mins long), and acts as a little check in for them and you in case there's any details they want to go through now rather than last minute

- Anddddd here's a big one that I'm stealing from a friend who's getting married next week! About two weeks before, send an email/message round to all guests that briefly says you're excited to see them and reiterates your wedding website details (soooo many people lose their invites) for info on booking taxis, registry, dress code, directions. It's super useful as a prompt to make sure you're all sorted as a guest and also helps filter off being bombared with last minute general questions.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello,

- All the stuff including decorations, confetti and drinks are boxed up at my parents. We are getting married in Ashford, Kent. It's easier as we live in London.

- You just reminded about shoes. Have just put them on and will try to wear them at home in the run up to the wedding.

- I have to dye my hair to cover the grey roots about a week or so before the wedding. Can't do it too late otherwise I will have stain around my forehead. :-)

- I now have just the caterers to pay once I have final numbers and meal choices. Awaiting for one more couple to confirm.

- I had my dress fitting and altered back in March to shorten the hem, adjust the shoulder straps and add bustle point. Had a panic this morning as I have put on about 3lbs since March. I have been yo yo-ing in the last few months. Back in March the fitting was fine. I'm now panicking as I can't put on the dress without help so don't know if it fits. It's got corset type tie up straps at the back. The panel behind the straps has very little room for manoeuvre. If I put on a bit of weight, it won't fit and there will be a gap showing flesh. Yikes! I contacted the seamstress this morning to ask if I could have another fitting. Luckily she can fit me in this weekend. I was hoping to lose the 3lbs in the next 3 weeks but I am hopeless at losing weight and didn't want to put my dress on the day for it not to fit.

- Had 2 hair trials and 1 makeup up trial but still can't make up my mind. :-(

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey hope you sort your dress out! I had my 2nd fitting today and went for an india last night LOL should've had a smoothie!! reminded me I'd still like to tone up and lose a bit more weight! You and anon bride seem super organised, good for you both!! :-) The corset ones seem to be good for wriggle room / slightly changing weights. Great she can fit you in OK.

I had 2 hair trials as well with the lady I am using. There was another lady I was thinking about using but she just didn't seem to 'get' what I was after. DOn't be afraid to change hairdressers, you want to feel relaxed about things on the day. You'll know when you have the right person . I haven't worn make up for years (15 ish!) so bought some cheap stuff to play around with, which reinforced that I should get someone to do it for me!! Maybe have a play with something like that or go to those cosmetics counters, just book some more trials, or even a make up lesson, I had one of those which again reinforced I don't want to do it myself LOL but worth a try xx

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Clare,

Tried on the dress at the seamstress on Sunday and it still fits. Phew!

I think it's too late to change hairdressers and MUA now with less than 3 weeks to go. I'm still going to have my hair down but have written to the hairdresser today and asked it I can have hair less curly and more gentle big loose waves so it will be more natural and closer to my straight long hair. For the makeup, I'm so used to doing my own it's strange seeing someone else doing makeup on me. I can't decide whether to go for bright red/burgundy lips or paler colour. Friends have liked the burgundy and some have said a mid range colour. I'm so undecided. Hmmm...

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So glad to hear your dress still fits. What a relief!! I was all set for another round of juice and smoothie drinking then ultimately went for an indian meal at our lovely local place literally 2 doors up (so tempting LOL) the night before my 2nd dress fitting last Monday! (not the best move, wouldn't advise it!)

When I had my fitting I felt bigger than planned too, yet clearly knew the cause lol, its made me realise what I need to do between now - last dress fitting. (2 weeks) Not loads as don't want to give her a nightmare, but my dress is sleeveless (she has removed the shoulder straps to make it sleeveless) and its my waist and not huge boobage that is keeping many ruffles up, its not a heavy dress, but very silly, as am I - and realised at fitting it'll be tight - so defo good to keep an eye on weight / volume of you (which = density, or denseness LOL- make of that what you will!)

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wishing you the best for your wedding Lisa - where are you marrying? xxx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wishing you the best with your july wedding Michelle xxx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's loads!! fair play to you xxx and enjoy every moment of planning xxx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went to our local park the other day and I noticed a load of beautiful pink roses in there. Long story short we now have a beautiful bunch of rose petals drying, and we literally picked up petals from the floor and literally about to drop flowers, there were so many other rose heads still happily flowering - we left them there. if we do this a few times, as the healthy ones mature, we should have enough and we have roses in pots ourselves and other parks locally too - mght be worth checking in your area xxx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

1st world problems LOL - trust in God or the Universe or whatever higher power you believe in, that whoever is meant to be with you for the day, will be there x

• L
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you ❤️ We’re getting married on Anglesey, a Welsh stone barn with wildflower courtyard and meadow. It’s now less than 5 weeks to go, and I feel quite calm. I was supposed to pick my dress up last night, but it still needs a couple more finishing touches, but we have time. Your Indian story made me smile, I stuck to my Huel stuff yesterday haha. Whereabouts is yours? Have you got much left to do? Anything making you nervous? Xx

• M
    Beginner July 2023 South West London
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Clare! In the last weeks I've really done a lot that was still to do as I couldn't put it off any longer as the weeks are disappearing fast and I have to go away for work next week so that's a week I don't have! Anyway, we got the menus and they are with family for choices and have to give final numbers and payments by 29th June. After thinking I didn't want wedding favours I have and they are here and just need to put them together, I finally ordered the confetti after going down a confetti rabbit hole and some stern words from my best friend and I finalized the flowers yesterday although I think I need to make some tweaks already to that as it's been bothering me since I confirmed it.
    I hope you have everything pretty much planned and are enjoying your last weeks as a Miss before your big day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics