Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lea
Rockstar July 2023 Kent

July 2023 weddings

Lea, 25 of May of 2023 at 23:42

Posted on Planning 40

Not long to go now. Starting a thread for brides (and grooms) getting married this July. What are you doing in the run up to your wedding day? What is left to be done? I'm more or less prepared. - Today I was bagging up sachets of confetti. - I need to break into my shoes so that they will feel...

Not long to go now. Starting a thread for brides (and grooms) getting married this July.

What are you doing in the run up to your wedding day?

What is left to be done?

I'm more or less prepared.

- Today I was bagging up sachets of confetti.

- I need to break into my shoes so that they will feel comfortable on the day.

- Need to pay the balance for the remaining suppliers.

- I would like to lose a a few more pounds or at least maintain my current weight so have to be careful about my diet.

- Still haven't sorted out transportation for guests to get back to the hotels after the wedding. Need to book taxis.

Otherwise, the day before the wedding we need to decorate the venue. I think that's mostly it.

40 replies

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Clare,

I'm 52yo as is my H2B. We've both never been married. We first meet in primary school when we were 9yo and were in the same class for a couple of years. I then moved away to a different town. We reconnected as FB friends about 15 years ago and then connected on Tinder about 7 years ago.

I usually wear full makeup during the day, even when I am WFH which is most days LOL.

I just went out and bought a couple more lipsticks in a large supermarket which stocks most of the cheaper high street brands. Now thinking of not going to burgundy for lip colour but a deep dark pink. Keep chopping and changing. Yesterday, I thought I would go natural look and went for peach colour lipstick. However, friends have said that I should wear something which will stand out for the wedding. Not sure about eyeshadow. Maybe nudes. I think the MUA may not be used to doing East Asian eyes.

For hair, I have changed my mind again. I have had 2 hair trials. First one was half up half down but it the curls were too tight and messy. Then went for Hollywood waves. Again curls were too tight. Now asked for big loose waves so to look more natural.

Just over 2 weeks to go now.

Are you getting excited?

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

We've bought some hand held folding paper fans as favours. I thought they might come in handy if it's been as hot as it has been in the last few days.

On the other hand I've also bought a few large white umbrellas just in case it will rain. Spoke to the photographer and he said likelihood is that if you buy them it probably won't rain but if you don't then we might just get a downpour. Better be safe than sorry. Don't want to end up looking like a drenched rat as I say my vows. Hope those umbrellas will ward off the rain. :-)

Also, very last minute I have ordered Welcome sign which has timeline. We weren't going to get one but then decided yesterday to get one.

I ordered some personalised cufflinks for H2B as a present but they have gone missing in the post. Sellers aren't replying to my emails. I am really upset. It said it was delivered and signed by the concierge but he said he didn't sign for them.

I guess I just have to go with the flow and relax...

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

That description of your venue sounds absolutely beautiful. Wildflower courtyard. Love it!

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Anonbride

Going to steal your idea about contacting people a week or 2 before the wedding. I need to let them know to park car at the main car park and not the smaller one, otherwise venue organiser will be upset. There are 2 separate entrances. Will also send them our website again. Great idea!

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

11 days to go. Yikes!

More or less ready but still undecided about makeup and hair. I've had 2 hair trials and 1 makeup trial.

For hair, I went from wavy half up half down to Hollywood waves and now looser waves.

For makeup I wasn't sure about the trial with the MUA. It looked nice but I wasn't sure about the colours. She used bright red lipstick and shiny peachy eye shadow. Now I don't' know whether I want to have a more natural look or go for bold colours and also which tones - blue-ish pink tones or orangey red/peach tones. I've just written to the MUA for advice enclosing photos of me in dress and bridesmaids dresses and various pics of me with different makeup colours.

Other than that, I am waiting for my welcome sign with timeline to arrive and place cards. Decided to buy my dad a new suit and that should arrive soon. He didn't want a new suit so I've had to buy the jacket and shirt in 2 different sizes as I wasn't quite sure what size he is.

On the day before the wedding, I need to buy fresh cut flowers for the table decorations and snacks for the mini-evening buffet. Get my manicure done and then set up at the venue with my H2B, bridesmaids and groomsmen.

I'm sort of excited but a bit nervous. Keep worrying about the weather. I've already bought a few umbrellas from Amazon just in case.

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Lea, just got an email about this thread - was busy LOL and yes I was excited!! Catching up - how did your wedding go and how was the weather?? ours was amazing, stopped raining in all the right places, was amazing :-) lucky! hope you and all else on this thread had the most wonderful day and are happily married now xx

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope you were happy with your make up etc on the day. I found a great hair lady, my hair took around 45 mins to do hair up, and make up literally around 15 mins, was great, easy!! We bought pink hydrangeas from a lovely local garden centre for our table decorations, big ones, and gave them away to guests, and family, we kept one, everyone was super keen to take them which was nice. wanted alive flowers that would last year on year as a memento. Hope your dads suit fitted. Our florist arrived with 1 too few corsages for the guys so unfortunately Dad didn't have one, and I totally forgot to do my nails but hey ho! wishing you the best be great to catch up. we are still half on half off our home honeymoon, will go away properly sometime soon, but having a few days here n there and many nice days off when weather nice locally :-)

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Clare,

The wedding was perfect. I had the best day ever. The hair and Make Up was perfect. I hope you had the most perfect day too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics