Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Junior Bridesmaid Dresses

Rod, 21 October, 2010 at 11:58 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello everyone!

I hope no-ones annoyed with me for starting the longest thread in the world yday?!! And i promise not to mention the word (whispers) budget... today!

I am having my stepdaughter who will be 8 at the time as my CBM - i need to find her a dress that isnt a typical flower girl style, something a bit more grown up so she will match the older 3, but at the same time I dont want her to look weird - sometimes little girls in grown up dresses can look really bad to me!

What i want is something floor length with little straps or one shoulder, in a dark blue - navy / midnight colour...I dont suppose anyone has seen anything along these lines?

I am thinkin I might need to get one made for her but wouldnt know where to start Smiley sad

9 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 22 October, 2010 at 11:23
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Try this one my love:

http://www.justdresses.co.uk/index.php?inc=1&cat=50

LOADS on there for 8-15-that middley age!!!

• L
    Beginner May 2012
  • judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I have a similar problem with my 13-year-old BM. She wants a sexy strapless dress, and I've told her I don't think it's appropriate at her age. I'm now trying to find a dress thats grown up without being strapless.

I have found these from

They all come in all colours made-to-measure.

So now I start the negotiation process with a teenage drama queen...

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Thought this one was sweet and in a range of colours

http://www.queenisagirl.com/Bridesmaid-Dresses/BD0333/?s_money=GBP

or these and they will make them in junior versions too!

http://www.alfredangelounitedkingdom.com/Collections/displayCollection.aspx?CategoryId=3802fa9c-39d0-4b7f-b1c6-9bd0411741f2

xxx

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

WTrickersS, BHS's range for that awkward middle age is lovely. Also, not sure when your wedding is but keep an eye out in BHS/Next/Debenhams just before Christmas or in the sales. You're more likely to get the dark blue you want then, everything is pastel between the months of March and August!

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know your budget as I didn't look at the thread yesterday, but I got our bridesmaids who were 8 and 6 gorgeous dresses from Forever Yours - they are more grown up than the typicial flowergirl dresses but at the same time not overly grown up! x

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

My niece is going to be 10 and we're getting her a junior dress from Alfred Angelo, it's the mini-maid version of 6493 with a lace-up back like the adults have. It's really cute and cost about £130 (though we got it for £65 for buying 4 dresses at the same time) ?

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

This is the dress but ours is in hunter greem ?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Theyre lovely..ill have a look ! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics