Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2016

Just got engaged! :) Tewin Bury Farm Hotel venue anyone??

amberrosepell@hotmail.co.uk, 1 October, 2012 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 14

As the title says I've just got engaged & already looking at venues for possible 2013 wedding. Has anyone got married at Tewin bury farm hotel? Off to their wedding showcase on Sunday but wondered how everyone else found it & what sort of prices should I be expecting? So pleased to join all you lovely ladies on this exciting journey Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by Jessie_bride, 3 October, 2012 at 09:46
  • I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! We went to look at it when we were venue hunting- it is a lovely venue but wasn't right for us. The main thing I didn't like about it was that because they have so many barns they potentially can hold up to about 4 weddings at a time and we wanted a venue that only did 1 wedding on any day. A friend from work got married there quite a few years back and he spoke very highly about tewin bury x

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! We went to look at it when we were venue hunting- it is a lovely venue but wasn't right for us. The main thing I didn't like about it was that because they have so many barns they potentially can hold up to about 4 weddings at a time and we wanted a venue that only did 1 wedding on any day. A friend from work got married there quite a few years back and he spoke very highly about tewin bury x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to the mad forum and congratulations.

I have worked at Tewinbury photographing weddings for more years than most and it is a well run venue with several different areas for weddings. As mentioned, the one possible downside is that they can have several weddings en site at the same time, albeit they segregate the parties to avoid issues. Herts registrars who officiate here are truly excellent and I have championed their attitude to photographers for many years.

If exclusivity is important to you, take a look at The Priory in Little Wymondley. It is an excellent barn and only does one wedding at a time. The staff here are good too.

hth

Peter

• V
    Beginner March 2013
    viclou_84 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in the stable next march on a Friday, I did worry about the idea of a few weddings happening on the same day but everyone has their own area of the farm, its well segregated as it's a large site. It just ticked so many boxes for us, as we wanted an intimate place, with nice original features and also a good price!! We booked on an offer which is 50 adults for £4k, this incl a reception drink, 3 course dinner, wine, toast, eve buffett, but this is because march is considered low season, summer I think worked out £2k more expensive. Happy wedding planning!

• V
    Beginner March 2013
    viclou_84 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in the stable next march on a Friday, I did worry about the idea of a few weddings happening on the same day but everyone has their own area of the farm, its well segregated as it's a large site. It just ticked so many boxes for us, as we wanted an intimate place, with nice original features and also a good price!! We booked on an offer which is 50 adults for £4k, this incl a reception drink, 3 course dinner, wine, toast, eve buffett, but this is because march is considered low season, summer I think worked out £2k more expensive. Happy wedding planning!

• callbarney
    callbarney ·
    • Hide content

I have worked at Tewin Bury Farm numerous times, there is almost always another wedding going on but that doesn't detract in the slightest from your special day.

The staff are some of the most tentative I have worked with, and used to working multiple weddings so that shouldn't be an issue.

The venue it self has so much character and theres so much you can do with it! If you want to have a sneak peak you can have a look at a few snaps and videos from some of the functions I've done there, here.

But no matter, I would be confident that your wedding day at Tewin Bury will certainly be a fantastic one, as the venue lends its self to great weddings!

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

As the title says I've just got engaged & already looking at venues for possible 2013 wedding. Has anyone got married at Tewin bury farm hotel? Off to their wedding showcase on Sunday but wondered how everyone else found it & what sort of prices should I be expecting? So pleased to join all you lovely ladies on this exciting journey Smiley smile

Tewin Bury is a VERY popular venue, all the brides I have photographed there have been thrilled with the place. The staff is lovely and the food absolutely delicious.

Good luck!

Evelyne x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Evelyne.....?

edited to add that I have just realised that EPWs post started with a quote(without the quote elements)......so not her getting engaged/married!!!!?

• Luna_12
    Beginner October 2012
    Luna_12 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and welcome to Hitched x

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content

I loved this place and really wanted my wedding there. Unfortunately our friends who were engaged already booked it so we felt we couldn't go there too. After we booked ours, they called off their wedding! I'm sure you will have an amazing time.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Out of interest, where did you book???

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amber - congratulations on your engagement! I have been to a wedding at Tewinbury and it is gorgeous. I would concur with what Peter said and try The Priory at Little Wymondley (near Hitchin). I am totally biased though as that's where we're getting married! But if you would like exclusivity, then you are guaranteed that there, and they have been an absolute pleasure to work with. X x x

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Peter, I am not very good at this quote business!!! made me laugh though, I have been married for 10 years now! Cheers.

(I probably haven't put your quote on this response either...)

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went for a completely different location in the end and opted for oaks farm in Surrey.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

A friend's sister got married there and it looked lovely from the photos

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics