Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

The Sock Chicken
Beginner August 2010

Just over 10 weeks to go and nervous already

The Sock Chicken, 25 May, 2010 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 16

Every time I think about the morning of the wedding - getting up, eating breakfast right through to and including walking down the aisle, I feel sick and get really bad butterflies in my stomach. I am so scared of feeling or being ill on the morning or having a panic attack in the church.

Is anyone else feeling like this or am I just odd? Any OM's feel like this? If so, what did you do?

16 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 26 May, 2010 at 21:46
  • AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

I have 7 weeks this saturday and been feeling VERY odd recently!!!!

Ranging from depressed, over-excited, sick etc...i think anything goes as normal at this stage.

To me it feels totally surreal - i cannot get my head around getting ready on the morning of MY wedding!!!!!!

I think you just have to go with the flow and not over-worry about anything now...you will be fine on the day i'm sure and my plan is just to keep concentrating on what the day is for - me and OH!

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    LauraJaneRush ·
    • Hide content

I feel like that too and I've still got 22 weeks to go! I'm worried about being ill or crying during the ceremony!!

I'll be looking out for the advice as well!

x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I didnt feel like this.........

but all i will say is this...

IMMODIUM!!!!

yes I was literally sh!tting myself on the morning of my wedding LOLOL.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is one of the things that worries me the most, and what if I need to go when I've got my dress on?

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

Well I dont feel like this yet but give me a few weeks and I probably will do. Whenever you think about it focus on all the good things that can happen and try to push the negative out.

Teehee thanks for the tip, I'll add it to my list!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Zippy, once you've popped a few of those beauties then you wont be needing till the monday Smiley smile

my hair dresser got me them and reminded me there was a loo in the salon, nooooooooooo way. I had to hold it till I got back home again! Popped a few more and then voila, was fiiiiine. Oh and due to lack of fluids the whole day I only went to the loo once.....

please dont panic. i blame it on the spring rolls the night before!

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

9 weeks for us this weekend & I'm starting to get nervous. Although my friend got married this weekend & seeing it so close up has actually made me feel a little more relaxed then I was. I know I'll be very nervous before (my friend was shaking & the registrar had to ask the groom to hold her hand to stop her hands from shaking) & during the ceremony but really excited about finally being able to wear my dress & jewelery

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it ever really sank in for me at all ? I was doing a sort of narrative in my head the whole time, like "ok, that's the flowers all sorted, the DJ knows what songs we need, now when should me and mum leave for the venue, right we're here, excellent lets set up the sweetie jars so they're all ready in the morning" right the way up to "ok so I'm about to walk down the aisle so I'll just link arms with dad here and, Off We Go!" I never got nervous about the day itself, more about missing organisation deadlines, like getting the invitations out, confirming numbers etc. I think part of me just couldn't contemplate anything going wrong on the day or was so horrified at the prospect that it just didn't allow the thought to enter my head.

Just think, if you get all of your worries out of the way now you'll be a picture of serenity on the day.

• *PJ*
    Beginner July 2010
    *PJ* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh 9 weeks!!! I'm sooo excited, but feeling panicky about little things! I know im going to cry the whole way through the ceremony!! I cant think about the morning, gives me butterflies!!! Ahhh....?

P xx

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Is this why I'm in such a cack mood?? I just can't shake it off recently and there's no reason for it... I'm even bored of myself at the moment.

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

I feel the same - you all know about my butt worries - I will be drugged up on Immodium instants from the day before!! lol

I get myself in such a state thinking about it all

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm worried about the same thing. Already told my sister (chief bridesmaid) that she will be coming to the toilet with me every time i have to go.

• X
    Beginner August 2010
    xXxBlondie ·
    • Hide content

I am really worried about going to the toilet as to get my dress on it has to go over my head, as it is all fitted!!! and the waist will not go over my hips, but hopefully it will be ok on the day!!! just have to drink less. lol

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Zippy try (and I know its hard) not to worry about this too much.

On the run up to my day, every time I thought about saying my vows I thought I was going to start crying to the point I thought there was NO way I was going to be able to speak during the ceremony. On the morning of the wedding I was the calmest I'd been for weeks (possibly months) and I really suprised myself.

You'll probably find that on the day you'll find your inner-calm and be super-chilled.

Try not to stress.

PS - is it only 10 weeks for you??? wow!!!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I know! Where has that time gone? Thanks for the advice. Did you use rescue remedy in the end?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Nope, I didn't buy the rescue remedy - figured I'd just work through it myself if I got nervous. In the end, as I said, I was super calm and really suprised myself. Did have a mini-breakdown before I went down the isle but that was all, the rest of the time I was ok. It was v strange cos I thought I'd totally be the opposite.

Are you all sorted then or is that a silly question??? What have you got left to do??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics