Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jumbly Girl
Beginner May 2010

Knicker drama! Update page 2!

Jumbly Girl, 6 May, 2010 at 15:52 Posted on Planning 0 26

I've just had my second to last fitting and am in a state of panic.... One of my friends came along and she told me that I need to rethink my undies as my lovely "invisible" seamless hotpants from Debenhams (http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_158010750986_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ELingerie+%26amp%3B+nightwear%7EShapewear+%26amp%3B+lingerie+solutions) is actually visible through my dress. Uh oh!!!! What can I do? I don't want to buy any Spanx/sucky in pants as I don't want to lose any weight as my dress fits perfectly and I really don't want to spend a fortune in case they don't work.

A friend suggested going knickerless but I'm not sure I want to hang loose... if you know what I mean... ? Plus I've told Jumbly Boy that he must wear boxers under his kilt or I will kill him (his friends have a habit of lifting his kilt and flashing poor unsuspecting women), so if I were then to go without, well, it would be a bit hypocritical.

?

26 replies

Latest activity by Ellie_S, 9 May, 2010 at 18:59
  • bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

Thong? My dress clings to my bum so i'm having to wear a thong and I hate thongs but I also refuse to go knickerless.

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Ohh errr i dont think id want to go knickerless- might be a bit breezy down there!

How slinky is your dress?

What about a thong?

• H
    Beginner
    honesty ·
    • Hide content

I can see your point re the kilt, esp if its a hire one.....i dread to think the amount of germs as even though kilt hire places say underwear must be worn i very much doubt most men pay attention to this ewwww

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Where could they be seen?? i.e. was it the top or the leg bits?? If it was the leg bits/bum, then thong could be a good way to go.

If not, then i'm afriad lovely slimning pants might have to be the way to go. They do them for a range of "areas" (itarget areas) so you might be able to find some that aren't too pully in.

When I was BM a couple of years ago I had to invest in some as every type of knicker I tried you could see (thong, shorts, lacey, invisible, you name it!)

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

You could try french knickers or a thong Smiley smile

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

They look like good pants too! Darn it!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. A thong won't work, as you can see every line through the back of my dress - top, leg bits, everything (it's a silk dress and very clingy). Eeek! Hmm. I may have to wander down Oxford St and see what I can find. I'm just worried about buying something that just won't work.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Could you wear a slip under youir dress???? you get lovely long ones in a nice satin - not nasty polyester - and they would certainly hide your knickers.......i wear one under my skirts for everyday use..

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

that is a really good idea actually!! means you can still have comfy pants! Im wearing a petticoat thing under my dress to make it sit out so it hides the nickers.

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. A slip won't work as the rest of the dress is clingy, so a slip wouldn't fit! Just spent a few hours in various underwear shops across London and can't quite see what I need. Ultimately, I need (but don't want cos they sound really darned unsexy) cycling type shorts that are seamless and not sucky in. Any ideas where I can find some (can't do online as I need to try them on as my size is a bit in-betweeny) within the next five days?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

You need to track down Spring. She had a lovely clingy number, very 1930s, she could tell you what she wore im sure but i havent seen her for a long time Smiley sad

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm friends with her on FB. I'll put a shout out!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

That would be brilliant - thanks so much TeeHee and Bethan. My dress is 1930s too, so that sounds perfect. Thank you! I was fearing that the knickerless option was the only one....

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Hey Ladies ?

Thanks for the heads up Teehee and Bethan x. I'm still keeping my eye on you lot (bit seem to have missed who won what on the damn raffle)!!!

Anyhoo, i wore control pants. I wouldn't say it's cause i wanted to suck everything in, it was more that if i wore anything else then my belly showed over the top or you could see the line on my bum etc. I think I actually got them from Marks and Sparks and it was a pack of two, one White and one Black. They started at my belly and ended under my bum cheeks if that makes sense (not on them). Couldn't see any lines ?

Does that help at all?

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

These might have been them actually http://www.marksandspencer.com/High-Waist-Detail-Panty-Girdle/dp/B001GLNNZ6?ie=UTF8&qid=1273181971&categoryNodeID=42967030&ref=sr_1_7&page=&node=325836031&sr=1-7&mnSBrand=core&rh= (Oh yeah baby)!

Just noticed this too http://www.marksandspencer.com/Body-Solutions-Moulded-Multiway-Full/dp/B002I6N6Y6

and these http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Cotton-Rich-Control-Briefs/dp/B000YI5WAQ?ie=UTF8&qid=1273181971&categoryNodeID=42967030&ref=sr_1_2&page=&node=325836031&sr=1-2&mnSBrand=core&rh=

Any good? P.S they did nothing for taking any weight off so don't worry ?

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

Spring, you've been mentioned on the cake thread too! x

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Hey Spring ? That's fantastic - you're a complete star. Thank you so much! So was there no sign of lines whatsoever? I'm so paranoid now.

How are things going with you?

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Nope, none but your dress might be more silky than mine? Because they started over my belly and my dress went over my boobs then that avoided that and because they went under my bum cheeks and my dress went over my bum, it missed that too ?

Tried to explain that as best i could at this time of night ?

I'm good thanks. Loving married life and busy with some hobbies. What about you?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Would theses work? Short like but a bit longer and not suck it in type?

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_152010809780_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women~Lingerie+%26amp%3B+nightwear~Knickers

Alternatively this in a size bigger so it's not tight!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Anti-Cellulite-Control-Waist-Cincher-Knickers/dp/B0031ARAKY?ie=UTF8&qid=1273183240&categoryNodeID=42967030&ref=sr_1_16&page=2&node=309701031&sr=1-16&mnSBrand=core&rh=n%3A309701031

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad it did! That made me chuckle ?.

I'm good - but getting very stressed. It was a very stupid idea to move house three days before the wedding and to be away the two weekends prior. I've no idea when I'm going to get a chance to pack!

Mrs Spink to be - those are a good shout. Thanks! I am going to look sooooooooo sexy on our wedding night, Jumbly Boy ain't gonna know what hit him ?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Just get some prettier stuff for the night after the wedding night! That's my plan! On the day i'm wearing comfy pants!

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Ah yes, that was stupid ?. Just try and relax and have a good time whilst you're away x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Yayyyy spring came back!! Smiley smile

Glad to see your almost sorted with your knickers then Jumbly........afterall, everyone wears them so I wouldnt be too worried.... x

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Indeed! I shall be shopping tomorrow and shall report back with a brief report ?

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

So... I'm sure that you have been waiting on tenterhooks for the next installment in "Jumbly Girl: the Knicker Drama" ?, so here goes my "brief" report....

I went to Debenhams and all I got was a shrug from the assistants. They wandered around a bit, but weren't much help. At M&S, the ladies were lovely and spent a good 40 minutes looking around trying to find a solution, but the only thing that they had that would work was in black and they don't make it in white. They were complete superstars though and really tried their best. I ended up in John Lewis and just when I thought knickerless was the only option, I came across these bad boys: http://www.johnlewis.com/14391/Style.aspx They are a little bit baggy at the top, over my rib cage, but hopefully the lace detailing on my dress will hide it. If not, I am going to have to go knickerless. I also have no idea how I'll get to the ladies in these briefs - but think I may just need to strip in order to do so. My ma has promised to help although her comment of "surely no-one will be looking at your behind so normal knickers should be fine" made me chuckle. I said to her that throughout the ceremony, I am sure that since I'll be facing away from everyone, of course they are ALL going to be looking at my hot a*s ? . She's wasn't very impressed. ?

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

sounds like another box ticked for Jumbly girl!! Smiley smile Love your mums comment!! Mothers do come out with the best ones!!

• Ellie_S
    Beginner March 2012
    Ellie_S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? that tickled me ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics