Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Lipgloss vs Lipstick

Flowmojo, 9 of February of 2012 at 10:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 23

Which do you prefer? Does it last all day? recommend me your ultimate stay put lip wear!!

I adore soap and glorys lip plumping lipgloss, its a bit gloopy going on but last for ever!!!

I do wear lipstick sometimes, Rimmel Pink Blush but it doesnt last, i want a fab stay put non drying one!!!

23 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkHair57012, 14 of September of 2018 at 09:59
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

If I had to choose one it would be lipstick. I hate the way your hair hair gets stuck to your lips with lipgloss.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I have never worn lipstick!

I currently use a body shop lip gloss which I love, but will watch this thread as I am planning to invest in a great lip gloss for the wedding.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I love the look of lipgloss but can't stand it it getting all over glasse and cups, and my hair sticking in it. I prefer a lipstick with a sheen.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I've heard concealer works quite well ?

I used lipgloss for an everyday look but lipstick for a night out. MAC lipglass is good, as is their lipstick. MIL bought me a makeup set by Fearne Cotton for christmas and I tried the lipgloss with that yesterday and it was brilliant, lasted ages.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have a few Clinique lip glosses which are lovely... but they never really stay long.

Have a couple of maxfactor 8hr thingies, but they get dry and look manky.

I have one clinique lipstick which is quite pale pink and looks lovely and looks the nicest longest!

So in short... no.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a preferance really as I only ever wear anything on my lips when I go out, for gloss I can't recommend Lancome Juicy Tubes enough, espeically in the coffee colour, it comes out very nude, but ultra glossy and it tastes and smells lovely! Lasts for ages too. I wear Estee Lauders long lasting lippy and it really does last all day again it has a really nice smell to it and it keeps your lips nice and moisturised.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Lipgloss - My favourite at the minute is one by GOSH

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I never wear any form of lip colour to work as part of my daily makeup routine.

If it was a choice of one over the other, I'd definitely say lipgloss. I have about 4 lipsticks. One was bought about 7 years ago when I was starting to go for interviews etc and thought I needed to look smart. The other two are bright red and bright pink, both of which were bought for fancy dress! The other one is a Bare Minerals one which I bought along with a matching lipgloss when I had a mini makeover in their store in New York. I love it.

Lip colour will never last more than half an hour with me because I lick and chew my lips quite a lot.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Neither! I wear so much make up on my eyes I can't possibly risk putting anything on my lips lest I look like Danny la rue.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I haven't yet found one that stays put for more than an hour. My friend had a gorgeous deep red Ruby & Millie lipstick that seemed to look flawless for ages (although she could have been secretly reapplying when nobody was looking!).

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I use Mac Lustre lipstick - Ive got dry lips & this lipstick is non drying. It lasts ages - on a night out I usually forget to apply it but when I see pictures Its still there. i rarely wear lipgloss - My hair is usually down & I hate it sticking to my lips/

During week I like the tinted Elizabeth Arden 8 hr creams and carmex tinted lip balms.

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

I love wearing bright lipstick but only occasionally. I have a tragic addiction to Blistex Intensive Moisturiser which I am never without (and if I am my lips instantly start to feel dry and crack!) so I usually end up running whatever is on my lips off and putting that on instead...?

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I love the MAC cremesheen lip glosses, totally non sticky- so no hair stuck to lips in the wind! It doesn't stay put though, so you have to keep re-applying it.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I prefer lippy as it lasts longer. And hate it when your hair sticks in lipgloss then wipes it all over your face..

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

My MAC lipstick stays on for ages!! I combine the both for a night out, and stick to a bit of vaseline for the day!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Definitely in the lipstick camp. Like others I can't stand my hair sticking to my lip gloss.

I'm yet to find a lipstick that stays put though. Would invest if there was one.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Prefer lipsti and have been introduced to Maybelline Superstay 24 Colour and used it on my wedding!! I find it fab and absolutely LOVE the tarty red in it!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kharv - try the Maybelline Superstay 24 Colour. Certainly stays on me all day!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Interesting! I have made a note in my organiser and will have a cheeky purchase this weekend I think!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I use the 24 superstay stuff too, although usually only on a night out. I use nivea tinted lipbalm during the week.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This works but I find it much too drying on my lips unfortunately.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I like MAC dazzleglass lipgloss in pink for day time and sometimes going out, lately though for nights out I've been doing the letterbox bright red lipstick and nails so I have a no 7 one whilst I'm still experimenting! May invest in a posher one if the look sticks, I quite like it though as I dont wear much eye make up.

• S
    SunnyBlueConfetti91990 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a lip product w.hore. I have in excess of 25 lip products and that's not including balms ?
    My go-to balm is Naturals paw ointment. I also love Natio tinted balms.
    I mostly use my E.L.F matte lip pencils or Australis Go Long lipsticks when I want color. I have a couple of the Australis velour lipsticks which are super matte. I love the look on other people but not on me. I find they really highlight the lines in my lips which in turn draw attention to the fine lines I'm getting as I get older (I'm 37). My lips are in top condition so it's nothing to do with dryness, just that I don't suit super matte. The E.L.F pencils are matte but not liquid-to-matte so they don't settle into lines as much. I also love E.L.F lipstick/gloss https://your-style-guide.com/best-lip-gloss-for-plumping/ and Models Prefer to have a nice range of glosses but they're quite sticky and the highly pigmented ones go on a bit blotchy. The pale colors are lovely though.

(NB I don't use any high-end brands so can only waffle on about cruelty-free brands which tend to be Priceline or chemists).

• E
    Beginner May 2019
    ExpensivePinkHair57012 ·
    • Hide content

I prefer lipstick over lip gloss. i don't really like the feeling of my lips got quite sticky and the stain it left on the cup, just can't stand it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics