Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Meeting Husband's work colleagues....

Rod, 11 January, 2013 at 10:27 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I'm meeting my husbands work colleagues for the first time tonight. This includes the girl I got a bee in my bonnet about before. She is leaving to go travelling. He invited me. I'm less uptight about it all now.

I want to make a good impression. I'm wearing a black skater dress, tights and a black heels with gold jewellery. Is this ok?

Why am I so nervous?!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 11 January, 2013 at 10:49
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

depends what your're doing, bowling...no...drinks..yes lol

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Rod, just be the bootiful lady that you are - you don't need to make a conscious effort to be fab, you just are!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Flow its drinks haha!x

Ali thanks lovely, thats really nice of you to say xx

I just need to make sure i dont get battered and make a fool of him or me!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds lovely. Are you comfy in it? I always find when I'm anxious about something it helps to be comfortable in what I'm wearing.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds good Rodster. Have a good night!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yea I'm comfortable in it! and 2 people at work have said i look slim today so the diet is obviously working.

I'm just nervous to meet this girl. for 2 weeks of my life i was convinced she was trying to steal my husband haha!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Be overly nice and friendly to her, that's what I'd do. Keep your friends close and all that..

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Just to echo the others, you are a gorgeous girl and you have nothing to worry about. If this is normal attire for drinks out for you, go for it. If not, I would be wary of looking like you're overdoing it, as a particularly bitchy type of girl might interpret that badly.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I dont think she is trying to steal him now and even if she was, I trust him.

But, still, I think its to do with the fact that they all know his as work Mr T, whereas I see him as my H Mr T and the two people are likely to be quite different. I aim to go in there and just be friendly and fun. (Which I am naturally haha!) I dont want his work friends thinking his wife is rude or anything. I have seen this happen before. I dont want to come across like a nagging fishwife.

I dont know why I'm overthinking this so much!!!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its normal work attire really, just with heels! apparently this girl is really nice and has high morals. (his words)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics