Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kira
Beginner December 2023 West Yorkshire

Memorial ideas?

Kira, 28 of December of 2021 at 17:06 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7
Hello bit of a sad complicated one. My little girl passed away and ideal world would have been my flower girl. I don’t plan on having anyone else fill that place. But want to do something in memory at my wedding for her. But not sure what. Any ideas will be appreciated 🙏

7 replies

Latest activity by Samuel, 22 of January of 2022 at 12:47
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I am so sorry - I can't imagine how painful that must be. Is that your little one in the photo? So beautiful x

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but I got a heart-shaped charm made with my dad's photo on it, which the florist attached to my bouquet. Perhaps also including flowers in her favourite colour (if she was old enough to have one) or a colour you associate with her? You could also check to see if any flowers have her name, or are named after something you associate with her.

Another possibility might be to ask guests for donations to one of the charities providing support for those who have lost children in lieu of wedding gifts - or to skip having favours and leave a note at each place setting saying that you are donating to x charity in her name instead.

I hope you manage to find something that is helpful for you xxx

• L
    Curious April 2023 Warwickshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,
    Im sorry for your loss, it can be difficult to know how to incorporate those youve lost and still want them to be there on the day.
    Similar to above about charity donations, my sister did brouches/pins as favours of two charities and people wore them on the day which was nice to see. You can add a photo/jewlery to your flowers however, I have seen similar online added to shoes. I have been to a wedding where they had a small table of photos of those who had passed away as a sign of them being at their wedding.
  • Kira
    Beginner December 2023 West Yorkshire
    Kira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your reply and ideas. It’s my little boy in the photo. My little girl passed little while after she was born. X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I guess it depends on how obvious you want the remembrance to be. You could have her mentioned in the speeches or toasts (e.g. if you do a toast to 'absent friends'). I've been to a couple of weddings where a flower has been left on a vacant chair in the family row, to mark the family member who is missing. Personally, I'd find that quite upsetting, but some people find it comforting.

I've also seen a candle left burning as a memorial.

And there are lots of different options for memorial jewelry, if you wanted to wear something like that. The shop I got my bouquet charm from does pendants and bracelets too (ALittleBitCraftyUK on Etsy).

I hope you find something that works really well for you x

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi i am sorry for your loss you never get over losing a child xx Could you may be have her picture placed in your bouquet so she is still walking down with you and will still be your flower girl xx💗
  • D
    Beginner February 2022 East London
    Dana ·
    • Hide content

Very sorry for your loss. What you're trying to do for her is truly wonderful, no matter how you decide to commemorate her. When my cousin lost her 9 months old girl, they decided to have a piece of jewellery made with girl's footprints. They used this Dutch company which also has a web store in the UK, Jewel Concepts , so you can look them up. They later had another pendant made for Dad as well. Just her way of keeping her girl close to her heart.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What are you on about ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics