Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

judeclarke
Beginner October 2011

Men at a hen party?

judeclarke, 18 July, 2011 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 13

Is anyone else inviting male friends to their hen party? Or are you sticking to traditional 'girls only'? And would you go to a hen night (dinner & drinks) if you knew there would be a couple of blokes invited?

It's a tradition where I come from, it started as a joke in my last job that we'd invite the boss and he'd be an honorary girl for the night. Last year my new boss ended up wearing lipstick and a cowgirl hat at my colleagues hen night. He refused the tutu though.

I do have some cross dresser friends who would love the chance to dress femme (femme = dressed as their girly alter-ego) and go out, and a friend who wore a wig and lipstick to run race for life incognito with his female work colleagues because one girl dropped out. But I'd rather have my male friends there than some girls I don't really want just to make up numbers (I need at least 25 people or I have to pay room hire).

13 replies

Latest activity by ebony_rose, 19 July, 2011 at 14:20
  • *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why not - although would any of the ladies pester the men if they are close to hand Smiley smile

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

Most of the people I plan on having at my hen do would be men. I'm also having 3 male bridesmaids. I don't see why you shouldn't have who you want with you on your hen do, just because of their gender

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had my gay friend join us, he got dressed up in the burlesque gear same as us!

I did check that no-one would feel uncomfortable (at his request)... but the girls loved it!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

It's your party, do whatever is going to make you happy ?

• E
    Beginner March 2013
    Esther82 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having men at mine, firstly because just having girls would make it a pretty small party, and also because I made a fuss about not being invited to stag do's...

I like doing girly stuff thourhg, that they might not be keen on, so I'm doing something girly during the day (spa or similar) and then probably do something like a meal/drinking in the evening. That way we all get the best of both worlds!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why not! As long as the blokes don't mind doing all the girlie activities...

My best friend's getting married in two weeks and my CBM and I couldn't go on his stag do, so we took him out in Sheffield on Wed night for a "stagette" party. I think he loved having his two best friends on his arm all night and we all had a great boogie

• G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

Vast majority of my friends are female so we are having a hag party. We are all friends and the gender is irrelevant but we will organise a mix of activities to suit everyone. Not all girls like doing girlie stuff and vice versa.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds fab! If I end up having a hen do (undecided as yet!) I will be very tempted to invite my gay dressage trainer who will love every second of it!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I will be having at least 2 blokes plus my bridesman at mine. They are gay, however if I had any straight good male friends they would be invited too. I don't think the guys, or my female friends, would have a problem with being on a hen night. I personally don't think it matters nowadays about these kind of conventions, when most weddings themselves don't follow the usual traditions. I would say just invite whoever you please and have a great time!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my main one with my girls but will also be having a work one. The work one will involve guys

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I've been a bridesmaid where there was a chief bridesman - he came on the hen weekend but the groom's mother refused to share a cottage with him so she was in a caravan... hehe - there are extra benefits to be gained from having men there!

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

Do whatever you want :-) thats the great thing about hen parties, its ALL about you! The only males coming on my hen do are gay - they're also going on the stag party so they are very chuffed to be seeing both! Luky beggers

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

My best friend is a guy and he absolutely must be at one of my hen parties! I think hen parties are more about having the people who mean something to you in your life, helping you celebrate for the "Last Time" as a singleton!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Most of my friends are male, so it'd be more unusual to see a woman at my hen do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics