Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle772012
Beginner July 2012

midsummer nights dream inspired centrepeice flash pls help

Michelle772012, 12 September, 2011 at 10:40 Posted on Planning 0 16

Centrepeices what do you think ? i am going for an enchanted feel in my decor now as want an earthy feel what do you think of the peices below my reception starts at 5.30 so kind of follows straight into eve want something simple to do and inexpensive and found these i am no longer considering the balloons lol and think i can do these myself, i do like the fruit one but its very rustic. opinions and ideas appreciated thanks Michelle x

16 replies

Latest activity by Michelle772012, 12 September, 2011 at 19:05
  • L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

They're all lovely, but my fav is definitely the second one - It sums up perfectly the enchanted feel you are looking for, and is just so pretty! It is closely followed by the fruit though, I've never seen anything like that before its really unusual.

• lianne22
    Beginner September 2012
    lianne22 ·
    • Hide content

The second one is gorgeous!! Really pretty.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Really love the second one!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I do love the second one but did think if i had fairy lights from ceilings, pillars and around cake etc people might think it too much and the fruit is really unusual its real fruit with a candle cut into it and would smell lovely i would imagine i might have a go at making both to see which works better also going to incorporate real ivy around whichever i choose and extra tealights Ivy is also on my stationary in my bouquet and arount the pillars at the venue to give it a foresty feel im getting excited but any other ideas for either centrepeices or general decoration would be helpful and any pics i cant find many at all x

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

You could always use floralytes (?- I think thats what they're called) in the vases rather than the fairy lights which would light up from inside the vase, without being OTT with the fairy lights. (Although I have to say I adore fairy lights, so you can never have too many IMO ?)

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I like them all but my fav is the fruit one closely followed by the candles with the berries around. I really like the second photo but think that may be more complicated and time consuming to do and could be a touch too much if you've already planned fairy lights about the venue. Love the theme though - on a totally different note, I once played Puck the mischievous fairy in Midsummer Nights Dream in a school play!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I think the fruit would fit in better with the theme & maybe trailing Ivy and mossaround them. You could adapt something like this to incorporate the fruit as well|:

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks sherie H i love the logs and butterflys are also within my theme maybe i could do that with the fruit on top with the candles and trailing ivy im going to design it now whilst its fresh thanks for your help x

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

2nd one for me is my fave!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would work, you can buy the moss by the bag so can use some wooden circles & just use a small amount of moss on each piece and then add Butterflies & a few daisies, and candles placed at random.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Have been thinking table names with this theme in mind and am along the lines of the character names the list iis below what do you think !!

OBERON

TITANIA

EGEUS

LYSANDER

HELENA

DEMETRIUS

HERMIA

PHILOSTRATE

MOONSHINE

THISBE

PYRAMUS

WALL

PUCK

PEASEBLOSSOM

COBWEB

MOTH

MUSTARDSEED

QUINCE

BOTTOM

FLUTE

STARVELING

TOM SNOUT

SNUG

JOINER

Would you be happy with these ?

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    kezza3000 ·
    • Hide content

I love your theme! I loved doing Midsummer Nights Dream at school! I like the fruit candles and think the table names are a great idea.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Some beautiful ideas on this blog, lots of fairy lights, branches and moss....

http://daughterofdesign.blogspot.com/2009/02/renee-and-amir-park-restaurant-new-york.html

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Sherri I just Love your input, it's always so inspiring! We're having loads of apples with tea lights cut in to them to go with our apple theme, I don't know how to stop them from going bad tho? To the OP, there was a film adaptation of mid summer night, you might get inspiration from the scenery on that? loving your idea tho!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you ?

Try dipping them in Lemon Juice, I'm sure I read somewhere that it stops them turning brown, Cut one in half & lie it face down in a saucer full of Lemon juice. No harm in trying.

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep lemon juice will do the trick!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Fresh fruit should stay fresh for up to a week i am thinking if i cut the shape out for the candle to fit in i could either glue the area or melt wax into it and then stick the tealight on, or but very hard unripened pears and red apples its only for one day so if done on the morning im hoping it will last and as the candles are lit the sweet smell will be wonderful may have a practice before i think lemon juice maybe the answer if you intent to use cut fruit though although i did see something about soaking it into salt water for 10 mins x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics