Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MonaLisaBrideToBe
Beginner June 2012

Minimoon Help!!

MonaLisaBrideToBe, 12 December, 2011 at 10:21 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi Ladies

Wondered if you can help, our honeymoon for Christmas in New York is all booked for next December but we would really like a mini moon straight after the wedding in June.

Now we aren't wanting to spend a fortune we just want a romantic few days away for a small ish amount.

Probably have in the region of £1000 total.

I don't mind if it is in a cottage, apartment, hotel, in this country or another. Quite fancy Paris and you can get some good deals on the Eurostar just unsure where to stay as alot of what I have looked at is very pricey!

Any help would be really appricated!

Thanks xxx

15 replies

Latest activity by MonaLisaBrideToBe, 16 December, 2011 at 16:09
  • vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

You could stay local? find a great place and splash on food and wine and other treats.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Monalisabridetobe: I can't help on the mini moon front, but was wondering who you booked you new honeymoon through and if you have any hints and tips as we are gettingmarred i Sumer and are also wting awinter honeymoon in new York.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

I have done Paris twice once under that budget and once over (way over) had a fantastic time both times but will have a look around as where ever we go we can go midweek and for three/four nights. The £1000 is for accomodation obviously I am expecting food, flights etc to come in more expensive

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went in to a Kuoni store and the lady there got us a fab deal on flights and our hotel is fantastically central right in times square couldn't be happier with it!

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

I loved Bruges and Brussels, we went on the Eurostar to Brussels and got a five star hotel and return train tickets for five days and it was less than £220 each!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

We decided to stay in the UK for our minimoon and are going here for ours https://www.clova.com/1bed-lodges.cfm each cottage has its own hot tub and sauna and they have a spa service who will visit you at the lodge.

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a fan of Paris, personally. Too many Parisienne people ?

We went to Dublin for our anniversary weekend this year (actually where OH proposed!). We stayed in a little boutique hotel in Temple Bar, right in the heart of the city. It was amazing. I booked flights with Ryanair and the hotel via hotelsireland.com and saved a fortune on full price. I think it was around £500ish for 3 nights, and maybe the same in spending money.

• S
    Beginner November 2011
    shelsmyth ·
    • Hide content

We went to the Lake District for a week and stayed at the Lodge at www.annshill.co.uk. It was amazing and I can highly recommend if you fancy staying in the UK.

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

Paris is beautiful! and it can be done under £1000 also if you stayed just outside Paris in a little village or next town it would save on money. I did this for my 21st Birthday 3 nights/4 days and went to disney land, in The Louve, up the eiffle tower and dinner on the Saine in a posh boat and I spent £500.

It can be done just do some hunting. Another place I would recommend is Italy, Rome and Pisa are beautiful for the weekend!!!

Good luck, we are off to Disney Land/Paris for our minimoon (Big Children at heart)

xx

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OO JLCB2B i've just emailed them to see for us!! It looks soooo nice. When are you going??

• C
    Claire.Nicholl@holdsworthhouse.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

How about a couple of nights at Holdsworth House Hotel in Halifax? It's a lovely olde-world Jacobean manor with 2 AA Rosette food, lovely gardens, a beauty treatment room. Call them on **** or visit www.holdsworthhouse.co.uk

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry, just noticed this! We are going to be there from the 9th July for four nights, so excited!!

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sent an inquiry here! It looks beautiful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics