Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Mini's wedding report- Flash heavy and now complete!

*Mini*, 12 of October of 2011 at 18:24

Posted on Planning 107

So here it is the wedding report I have been struggling to think of writing since our incredible day. Just to start I want to say as cheesy as it is it was an amazing day- I had the best fun, danced the night away with the people I love most in the world and everything went to plan. There were a few...

So here it is the wedding report I have been struggling to think of writing since our incredible day. Just to start I want to say as cheesy as it is it was an amazing day- I had the best fun, danced the night away with the people I love most in the world and everything went to plan. There were a few small details that didn’t pan out as they should have done but I honestly didn’t care.

Now I know this report wont be the most eloquent- it certainly wont be the best typed and I am afraid I cannot tell a story as beautifly as some but I have tried to compensate for this by filling it with pictures!

MrMini and I took the week off before the wedding as I was paranoid that I would not get everything done. Needless to say I have as ever been very organised over the last 2 years and we sepnt alot of the week just chilling out and spending time together which between children and work does is a rareity. We even had a “non wedding day” on the Wednesday where we went out for lunch and to a farm and just focused on us.

Monday- my big sis and one of my BM’s came over to help me pack everything into boxes and assemble the favours and table plan- my sis was amazing at this and took total control as I was in a bit of a flap. It was really nice to be able to choose what teacups what guests would get and I could relax once all of the boxes were packed and I had drawn out intricate plans for the venue to stick to when setting up the tables.

Tuesday was his n hers hair dressing day. MrMini is metosexual and loves a bit of pampering and looking after himself so it was only right we should go and get our hair done together. MrMini made a snap decision to cut all his hair off! The hairdresser was wary being so close to the big day but we were adamament that it was the right thing to do- needless to say it took some getting used to but he looked so handsome on the big day it was worth it- his old hair just wouldn’t have worked with the style we had.

Thursday was nail day. My mum and sister all went to get out nails done. After that it was off for a fishy pedicure with MrMini and I which was nice once you got used to the tickle- I cant say my feet were much better afterwards but it was nice to sit in a salon and chill out together. After that we went for a drink at our local and out for dinner as this was going to be the last night spent together as single people. We ate and drank well and juts chatted about the day and what we were looking forwards to happening as well as what we were worried about.

Friday- I was up at 5, to wired to sleep but also had the feeling that something was not quite right. Went to the loo only to realise that I had cystitis (sorry if TMI) Having suffered with it in the past i knew those little sachets were not going to cut it so I knew i needed antibiotics- of all the times to get it! I couldn’t do anything until 8.30 so tried to calm myself down by realing my GL thread and signing off Hitched. As soon as the GP opend I was ont the phone only to be told I would have to wait for the Dr to call me back- didn’t she know I was getting married in the morning dammit?!! All i could do was carry on my morning as planned and wait. It got to 9 and I needed to go to the beauty salon and MrMini needed to take the many boxes to the venue- I hopped in the car and hope for the best! Saying goodbye to MrMini was so hard. I cried my eyes out- it all became a bit overwheleming when I realised that the next time I saw him it would be waiting for me at the end of the ailse.

The Dr called *just* as the lady started on my eyebrow wax and very nicely said he would write me a pescripiton for antibiotics withot seeing me- horaay! So after feeling totally pampered i did a mad dash to pick up the drugs, buycranberry juice and get the last minuite pressies- it was typical planning on our part that we got paid the day before our wedding- doh!! I also treated myself to some new perfume and a bracelet for the big day as I had deduced that my hints to the OH had not worked and I would not be unwrapping these in the morning- he didn’t realise he was supposed to buy me something for the wedding day itself!

I was spending the night before at my mum and dads- I chilled with my sister and BM’s until Dinner which was a lovely affair with 2 out of 3 BM’s my big sis and my mum and dad. We had a good old chat and even at this point it had not sunk it yet- I was getting married! After dinner my mum got out the wine and “nibbles” I am not sure how manay people she thought were coming over but there were more olives and tubs of Pringles than Sainsburys itself. I gave out my presies and cards to my BM’s and my parents which caused much crying all round and then all 3 BM’s, both my sisters and my mum sat and chatted all night with some music on- it was lovely. We wandered off to bed very early- about 10.30 and surprisingly afer a bit of chatting we all drifted of- it felt very surreal being in my old childhood bedroom with 2 out of my 3 best friends (the third BM lives round the corner from my mums and has a LO so couldn’t stay) it felt like it could have been any night from the past 12 years.....

107 replies

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Great report, fab pics, love everything!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report congratulations!

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Such a great report! I love the photos of you two at the end of the ceremony. you look so excited! made me cry Smiley smile

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Lovely!

You look lovely and such a 'cool' couple. Love all the individuallity your wedding had.

I WANT your post box! Where can i get one of these?7

x

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

Lovely, FAb wedding......trying to PM you about your bridesmaid dresses but I'm rubbish with technology!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Awww Mini that was such a lovely report!! Your pictures are gorge, you both look so happy and as I have said before you looked stunning!!

Congratulations Mrs!! xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report Mini, it looks like you both had an amazing day. You can see how happy you both look in the photos!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe you posted this on the one school night that I was out!!!

In all seriousness, love you, love your wedding, amazeballs.

*and yes, I am now crying at work.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Lovely lovely pictures and report. You look so relaxed. Very pretty!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

LOVE.IT

Nuff said

ps - i want your dress, but you know this.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

Ah Mini what a lovely report! Loved your day. It sounded perfect. Your dress looked amazing and love your shoes, hair, everything!

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

Mini - Wow!

I came back to read your report, it sounds like you both had an amazing day!!!

Wishing you both a very long and happy marriage. You look stunning and you make such a fantastic couple xxxx

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Your dress is absolutely beautiful and you looked stunning in it. The whole day looks and sounds amazing!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report looked like you had a fantastic day you both looked amazing!

Can i ask where you got your post box from i want it lol xx

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

Love it, and congratulations you both look a great couple

xxx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I forgot to say, thumbs up on groomys mopchop ?

• vintageangel
    Beginner October 2011
    vintageangel ·
    • Hide content

Great report, everything looked great and the pics are just amazing! Your dress is beautiful! x

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Was there no double thumbs up icon flow?? My headpiece from etsy,am on my phone now so can't find the seller but a good place to start! And Thankyou so much ladies and aj for your kind words

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like a fab day! Congratulations! Some of those piccies made me really well up, particularly the one where you are looking and smiling and laughing at each other just after you've been married and the final one of you walking away together.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALL!!!

Congratulations to you both.

Sally xx

PS Where did you get the photo props from (moustaches/glasses etc??)

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ebay! am a Ebay bride I am afraid Just search for photobooth props- they shipped from the US so were about £30 but worth it.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

The one of the two of you on the beach is goregous! Lovely report!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

*squeals loudly*

Congratulations to you both, you look like you make an adorable couple. I love the orginal style of your day, it looks very personal and fitting to the both of you.

Thank you for taking the time to do a report x

• fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely beautiful

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks chidders! It was a pleasure doing the report tbh!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Awww this is such a lovely report. i actually welled up (i cant stop at the minute!) you looked stunning & looking like uyou had an amazing day xxx

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

Aww, another lovely report that ive not read before!

It looks like you had a fantastic day Mini, and you look stunning in your photos.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Ohh, Mini, you're fit ?

Nice pics, fab wedding, great report. Well done.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ssssh- Its amazing what professional hair and make up will do for you!

Thanks for the kind words- bit odd to see this bumped again- feels like forever ago.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I actually thought of you this morning when I went to bridal shop. We made the appointment a while back as I realised I wanted something for night time that wasn't huge, heavy and impossible to walk in (unless my Angela Faccenda copy *sigh*).

Anyhoo, just thought I'd let you know I'd been inspired ala Mini!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like it. ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Loved reading that. Your dress looked amazing! Huge congratulations x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups