Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious July 2022 Surrey

Month long weather forcasts 😢

Emma, 5 of June of 2022 at 09:53 Posted on Planning 0 16
We're getting married on 7th of July and the weather is showing thunderstorms on Accuweather when looking ahead.

Does anyone know if you can take these long range forcasts seriously? I don't have much experience with them xx

16 replies

Latest activity by Stephanie, 9 of June of 2022 at 21:22
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I got married on Thursday. The long range forecast was showing rain. It only changed about a week before and ended up being hot and sunny. I wouldn’t take it too seriously at this stage x
  • E
    Curious July 2022 Surrey
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh I'm soooo happy for you! Thank you so much that helps me feel much more positive it may change even closer to the date xxx
  • Nicola
    Curious October 2022 Kent
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    Please don’t worry. When I looked at the weather forecast just yesterday it said rain for today, and then when I checked again this morning, no rain!

But I think you have to accept we are in UK, sunny weather unfortunately is never guaranteed. So maybe have a plan in place in case it does rain, and how to make the most of it! Get in the right mind frame now so you aren’t heartbroken if it does rain 😊
  • E
    Curious July 2022 Surrey
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Nicola, that's so kind of you and great to know it can literally change upto the day before! Luckily we've hired a venue with a beautiful inside option just incase. You're right I just need to start getting the right fram of mind incase it does rain, as I've always pictured a beautiful sunny day and we're both sun worshipers I just need to re frame it in my mind, so I've got four weeks 😄 thank you xx
  • Moira
    Beginner July 2022 North London
    Moira ·
    • Hide content

Emma, my wedding is July 9th and I have also been worried about the weather. I'd arranged a drinks reception outside and didn't really have a Plan B for bad weather so I am now working that through with the venue.

On the positive side we don't want it too sunny and hot. The sun can bleach out the colour of skin and clothing, and it makes people squint. So let us pray for a happy medium.

Congratulation and good luck for your wedding.

• E
    Curious July 2022 Surrey
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Miora, we were also planning our drinks reception outside along with the actual ceremony, I really hope you can work something lovely out with the venue but that you wont actually need it in the end! Yes that's so true about the pics as glaring hot sun isn't always best anyway, maybe we'll get lucky 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞congratulations xxx
  • Moira
    Beginner July 2022 North London
    Moira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whatever happens, it will be a day to remember fondly.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Unless you are bored and want to check for a bit of fun do not bother worrying yourself with a long range bad forecast because they are useless, mostly based on average past outcomes.

Equally I would say do not trust a long range good weather forecast either and to always have a backup inside plan whatever.

To stop people squinting in the sun is an easy fix for the photos, either use some shade or have their backs to the sun.Summer thunderstorms happen but in July they can quickly dry up.
    This photo was a July wedding just as the bride arrived and by the time we came out of the church everything looked dry

Month long weather forcasts 😢 1

Month long weather forcasts 😢 2

I would also advise that you ask your photographer for examples of weddings they have shot in bad weather because loverly sunny days are easy. I have a bad weather gallery here
  • E
    Curious July 2022 Surrey
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow thank you that's so useful to know! I've had a look at your wet weather wedding pics and they are great, it's lovely to see you can still get beautiful pics either way 😄
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Did you see how often the forecast changed over the last weekend? We went from being promised rain to cloud to sun to thunderstorms to sun and back to rain again, all in the space of a day!

I really wouldn't worry. Whatever happens, you will still have an amazing day. It rained on our wedding day, but it didn't matter at all - and I only remember the rain now when I look at the photos.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Try not to check them as it becomes obsessive! I did the same and the 3 weeks up to the wedding it said rain, rain and more rain, BUT on the day we woke to the most glorious blue sky and a temp of 18 degrees. The week before and after were both grey, cold and wet so we were lucky. the weather is the only thing you cannot do anything about, so try not to worry, just make sure you have back up plans if needed, our wedding was outside with no cover, but we had a plan with the venue for a small room that was covered just in case. We also had umbrellas on standby but thankfully didn't have to use them

• Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t take it too seriously at this stage! July is peak of summer and Accuweather usually change their long range forecasts to a more realistic one nearer the time c
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Dont look at weather again you will still have am amazing day no matter what x💗
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Until it’s less than a week I wouldn’t even bother looking. Long range forecasts are not accurate. Even the 2 week forecast from BBC isn’t that accurate! From a week it’s usually pretty consistent though.
  • E
    Curious July 2022 Surrey
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much to everyone for your replies, it's been really helpful and I'm feeling much happier about it all now and not looking obsessively at any weathet apps 😄 things seem to be brightening up which is nice also. Thanks so much again xxx
  • Z
    Curious June 2022 Lisboa
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    I take them seriously when they’re good and ignore when they’re bad! Seriously it’s the one thing you cannot control so try not to stress, it will be a wonderful day regardless. My best friend got married 12 year ago in August and it rained all day but we had the best time! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics