Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rizzo
Beginner July 2011

Most Deluded Woman Ever?

Rizzo, 4 April, 2012 at 09:27

Posted on Off Topic Posts 82

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html Well, I am so beautiful that I actually stopped traffic yesterday. It wasn't because I was crossing a zebra crossing, it was because of my looks....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

Well, I am so beautiful that I actually stopped traffic yesterday. It wasn't because I was crossing a zebra crossing, it was because of my looks....

82 replies

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it means I don't have to queue at the bar, I'll take that.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really? A man sends you a glass of wine and you drink it?

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a lovely quote

If the article was by someone who was stunning, then I'd think "fair enough", but it isn't. However, I agree that someone who is actually stunning will probably not realise and will be focusing on their (probably insignificant) flaws, either that or concentrating on being a beautiful person inside

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Agree with Footlong. We'll all be tarred with the "empty headed" brush after this.

Also agree with Ali-G - I did notice her massive feet (and laughed!). People probably do the same to me!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

W-Footlong-S, 100%

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Being honest now, does anyone here feel like they are treated badly by other women due to being attractive? Or have you ever treated anyone badly because they are attractive?

I can't think that I would ever be mean or rude to someone or avoid being friends with them because they are beautiful.

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

not at all. I'm envious of a couple of my friends because they are stunning and always looked preened and can wear anything and look gorgeous but we joke about it and they have things that they are envious of (maybe envious is too strong a word iyswim)

The only reason I would avoid being friends with someone would be if there personality meant they were rude, had bad manners, treat people poorly - basically had ugly personalities.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I think if anything I find myself drawn towards attractive women and actually wanting to be around them (why else would i be here ? ).

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha smooth!!!!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've experienced it to an extent. Although I don't think it's entirely down to the way I look, because lets face it, I'm nothing more than average!

I went through a bad break up a couple of years ago and I got over him but getting under one of my friends ?. We were pretty much best friends and we both just happened to be at the same point in life where neither of us wanted a relationship, but we both just need something, IFSWIM. Anyway, fast forward 2 years and I'm engaged and he's with someone else.

But I don't see him very often anymore, because his girlfriend is threatened by me. I don't know why, because she's GORGEOUS and I'm happily planning my wedding to the most amazing guy on the planet, but she just doesn't like him seeing me. I think the reason she's threatened is more because of the history between me and him, though that's exactly what it is - history.

It makes me sad that, because of her, I don't get to see him anymore Smiley sad

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depends on the wine. ?

Seriously though, tis how I met my H2B. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a man buying a woman a drink. If a man finds me attractive and wants to buy me a drink, I don't need to start harping on about how I can buy my own drinks and don't need a man to buy them for me. If I like the guy, I accept the drink and start talking. (Before I met OH, of course... I don't take drinks off men anymore!)

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I frequently feel envious of my attractive friends and sometimes feel self-conscious in their company (more so if we're out and about and I get to be "the funny one"!). I've never in my life been unpleasant to someone based on their looks though. I have one friend -also called Sam so I'm already feeling competitive with her because we share a name - who is tall, slim, blonde, naturally drop dead gorgeous and never needs to wear make-up, scarily intelligent, can dance and sing - I've known her since high school and tried over and over to hate her, but I just can't because she's so lovely. I'm in awe of her.

There are plenty of girls I also knew at school who were very good looking, but so nasty that it was really easy to dislike them and to pick faults with their looks on which they prided themselves so highly. Looks by themselves, mean absolutely bog all.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This 100%

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

She seriously is deluded, I'm pretty sure friends drop her because her attitude stinks than anything else, but she's so arrogant then to think otherwise. When her looks fade she'll find herself quite lonely.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately yes, quite a few times. If a couple come into the restaurant I make a concious effort to speak directly to the woman now because if in the past if I have spoken to the guy whilst he's ordering drinks etc then the women give me the most evil looks then are just generally rude and abrupt with me for the rest of their meal. Sad but true.

I have never treated anyone badly because they are attractive!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

An absolutely stunning girl started working with us a few years ago and I hate to say it but my immediate thought was 'god she's gorgeous, bet she is up herself and a right b!tch. I bet I will hate her.' However nothing I expected about her from her appearance turned out to be true and now she is one of my closest friends. Since then I have really tried not to make guesses about personality based on appearance.

Having said that, that woman in the artcle seems to want to be judged on appearance. I really don't think I would be sending her drinks if I was a bloke, she just doesn't seem attractive. Maybe I am too picky!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, I could differentiate between a man offering you a drink while you are at the bar and a man sending over a drink that you have had no idea what's happened to it.

Rohypnol, anyone?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Once, I was chatting to a bloke at a bar while we were both waiting for drinks (a couple of minutes, maybe). His girlfriend (I assume) marched over and started giving out to him for chatting to me.

As I was wearing scabby jeans and a T-shirt, no makeup, a few pints worse for wear and was clearly there, with Boy, to watch an England match, I find it highly unlikely she was threatened by my "attractiveness".

I think some girls are just threatened by anyone.

I'm not sure if I've treated anyone badly about being attractive. My two closest school friends are gorgeous and always got the male attention. I used to rib them that they were obviously empty-headed/etc, but not sure that had a deep psychological motive (or maybe it did? who knows?).

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I called her a narcissistic twunt on Twitter.

Of course this is because I am jealous of her.

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

I think she's a twunt. I don't say this because she's beautiful and I'm jealous. I say this because, she's a twunt.

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I find the entire blather by her extremely arrogant. Fair enough she isn't horribly ugly but I would look twice at her if I walked past her in the street. And if she's reading this...I'm not jealous, I have no desire at all to look or act anything like you.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm hotter ?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I find it really sad (and a bit infuriating) that she seems to relate everything in her life, be it good or bad, to how she looks. If you're nice to her, you fancy her, if you are unpleasant then you are jealous. I think this is why she anoys me, she's not giving anyone around her credit for being able to judge her on anything other than a physical level. I would not want to be friends with someone like that.

As to the 'the comments prove my point', well she clearly thinks she has a winning formula there - any criticism is clearly based in jealousy. However, this will only be true when people's judgment is based solely on her looks, which she thinks it is. Enjoy life in your bubble, missus.

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content

It happens to men too...

After sending OH the Samantha Brick article he has just replied with this

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/s6QKa9G6gMMtOI7nF8dg6uA/view.m?id=15&gid=lifeandstyle/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-hated-good-looks&cat=lifeandstyle

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I enjoyed this ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is brilliant!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

She's just normal looking... total weirdo though! Must be nice to have that much confidence!

I used to work with a girl who actually started sentences "You know cos I'm gorgeous..."? She was really attractive but what a nobber! Needless to say nobody liked her!

One of my best friends is really beautiful, like model good looks, fab figure and she genuinely doesnt realise it, she is so clumsy, ditzy and funny that without being cheesy, her beauty shines through even more as she is so loveable too.

I really dont think it matters what anyone looks like and would never choose my friends based on it, I have friends of all different shapes and sizes, male and female and we dont talk about looks!

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oops sorry it's not a clicky, linky thing!!!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I think she must have some serious issues about her body if other "articles" she's written are anything to go by:

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"Is it any wonder that Piers Morgan has moved to the US?"

😆

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics