Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire

Mother of the groom

Chan1994, 31 of October of 2021 at 22:21

Posted on Etiquette and Advice 33

I would like some advice or just to hear people's thoughts on this. So, my fiancés mother keeps asking us every single week what news we have about the wedding and if anything has been getting done. When we say to her there is nothing new (and there literally isn't!) She seems to just not believe us...
I would like some advice or just to hear people's thoughts on this.

So, my fiancés mother keeps asking us every single week what news we have about the wedding and if anything has been getting done. When we say to her there is nothing new (and there literally isn't!) She seems to just not believe us and makes out like we are keeping stuff from her. The only recent thing we have sorted out is ordering my ring and she has been told that but still seems to insist that every week there is something to do but there isn't. I get that she is interested, but the mood she seems to be in when there isn't an update is just getting a bit too much. His parents are now demanding a video chat during the week to talk about the wedding as they are claiming they 'don't know anything about it at all'?? I am honestly baffled...they know about our transport, they know about our cake and the flavours of each tier, they know about the photographer. We have told them that the flowers are getting ordered and what colours they are. They know where we are getting married and have seen the place. They know about our second party the next day and where it is. They even know what our first dance song is We!! We have told them all we can but it is apparently not enough? The only things I haven't told them is what my dress looks like (understandable surely?!), what the bridesmaid dresses look like and what favours we are thinking of getting. We have even said to them about them choosing hymns and readings for the ceremony. I really am just at a loss for what more they feel they need to know??
They mention about not knowing the theme but we literally don't have one at all and then about a colour theme which again we don't have, I have some colours in my flowers but we aren't having any flower decorations so we don't have a colour theme. The thing that is annoying me is that they come accross so passive aggressive about it all and it's really starting to annoy me. With respect, I talk about things with my own mother who I see all the time, and his parents live 3.5 hours away from us, and apart from ask about the wedding, they don't contact us ever or talk to us really. Am I an a*******e for wanting to keep a very few things to ourselves and for wanting to discuss things with my own mother and not his? They are just being so rude about it and only want to know stuff to 'tell his cousins all about the stuff'...but everyone will know everything then, and then how will anything be a surprise for guests?
Their behaviour and attitude is stressing me out so much that it is stopping me having fun wedding planning 😞

33 replies

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Im the opposite they all want the big wedding where they can plan it all thatscwhy we are eloping they found out our plans by my so could ex best friends so now dont speak to any of them at all xx💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics